Problem playing in windowed mode. How to maximize?

Exelcius

Chieftain
I always use IM-clients while i'm at my computer, so i use to play my games in windowed mode. But i can't seem to maximize the window while playing Civ 5. There is no maximize-button at the top, and the bottom of the civ5-window gets covered by the taskbar.

Does anyone know how fix this, so i can play with civ5 in full windowed mode, without the taskbar hiding the bottom of the screen?

Attachments

• Civ5 problem.jpg
    Civ5 problem.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 601
Set your resolution to the same resolution as your desktop?

I play at 1920x1080 windowed, with my desktop resolution at 1920x1200 so I can see the taskbar...

I'm also using two monitors and I haven't found a way to maximize it. Rather, on a 1280x1024 monitor resolution, I use the 1280x768 game resolution, which keeps the window small enough vertically that the task bar doesn't get in the way.

I hate to resurrect a dead thread but I was watching the Behind the Scenes documentary and they were playing it in Windowed mode and it was maximized.

You can use X-Fire to chat to people on your MSN while in game without changing windows. If you have a G15 or other Logitech keyboard with a LCD screen Trillian Astra Pro (you just need the temporary trial and then downgrade to the free version afterwards and it still works) has a plug in which allows you to access your IMs while in a game via the LCD screen on the keyboard.

http://www.xfire.com/

Top Bottom