Map for a seven years war (french indian war) scenario

ConquestsMaster

Warlord
First sorry for my english :blush:
I want to create a seven years war (french indian war) so I need an appropriate map like a map with the hudson bay (Canada) at the north-west, th Antilles and the north of the south america at the south-west, the Siberia at the north-east, India at the south-east and, of course, the Europe in the center.
If someone knows where I can find a map like this or if you are a map maker and you are interest to make a map for this scenario please tell me ;)

The Seven Years War was truly global. It would be hard to find a map with just the areas involved in the war because, as you rightly point out, it was conducted in all sorts of far flung places of the world. I reckon you would need a world map such as the one found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=98359

I've looked around for others but those that include India with Europe miss out Canada and vice-versa. It's a tough one. Would a world map be too much?

Thank you but some civ wouldn't have any utility like Japan or China I just want to show the european power and their colonies. Anyway I think that nobody thought to create a map like this ... I will try on the world map ;) but if a map-maker is interest ... I would be very happy and the scenario would be better than if I use a world map.

I want a map like this because I want that the european powers don't have just 3 or 4 cities in their homeland ...

I appreciate you are looking for a specific map made for this and I think it would be a good challenge for a map maker. Just keep :scan: , someone may well come forward.

I however am not one but I can offer some quick suggestions to help you make it work on the world map.

- Try twisting or cropping the map to get rid of the areas you don't want. (I don't know how to myself but many have done it to good effect).

- Prevent settling. Just don't have settlers. This helps confine a scenario to certian areas.

- You can also make certain areas of the world unpassable terrains, again confining it to areas you want.

- Include civs like China & Japan ~ you don't have to make it completely accurate, you can have fun 're-writing history' as they say. :D

There will be more help for you I'm sure.

Thank for the hints.
I tried to do the map bye myself but Im not a map-maker ... and the map was ugly. I think that a map like this would be good for many scenarios on the european wars that includes the colonial powers and their colonies so please if a map-maker read this please help me! or if you know where I could find a map such this or if you know where I could find a scenario like this (I found one but it didn't work)

I am! I was actually thinking about a French and Indian war scenario a few days ago...

It sounds like you need a "Eastern North America to Europe" type of map. I'd recommend this: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=97673 for two reasons (one being that it's not too big, but it also goes far enough into North America). You would probably crop off eastern Europe, though (hit F12, enter coordinates). If you wanted something bigger, you could go to the bottom of this page: http://civ3.com/maps.cfm?startimg=7&page=3 and try that one (make sure to crop).

Hello, I am in the process of creating a French and Indian War scenario that focuses only on the North American and Caribbean theatre of conflict. If you both would be interested in cooperating, I would be more than happy to. I am new at making maps, etc, but I really want to give it my all.

Please PM me if you are interested in working on it.

Top Bottom