Paradox Interactive games

Looking good! Are you able to fend of Austria without problems? They look pretty scary. Btw, what's BWB? Good luck conquering Italy!

In my game as Savoy Poland is gigantic :eek: :

Fortunately I have a powerfull ally in Spain, so I hope we will win the wars against Poland if they come. The Ottomans are also pretty big - they have a BB around 60, and their limit is around 40. Doesn't BB wars happen to the AI?

They happen. I once saw Otto (120BB, limit 60) at war with every big (France, Austria, England, Scandinavian nations, Spain, Poland, Hungary...) European nation and Persia. Austria conquered all the way to Rumelia, Persia took everything between Aleppo and Jordan. Otto pwned Persia later, though.

So far Austria hasn't been a problem. All three wars have ended in white peaces whilst I concentrated on Venice. The last war I had 40k troops on Vidin which seemed to help. BWB stands for Big White Blob because of all those vanilla games where the Austrian AI conquers everywhere.

BWB almost always eats Germany, and fights with Spain against France and Otto. That's realistic and useful when you play as Brandenburg. I conquered once all from Oldenburg to Wielkopolska and Jylland to Würzburg.

Hmm... I'll try Brande maybe again with MyMap.

Ah yes, Big White Blob... should have thought of that :crazyeye:

Do you experience this "problem"? :

I'm at war with Modena, and they have 4k troops in my nation. However, killing them is quite hard because they travel under white flag everytime they move. So the only way I can kill them is to find out where they will travel next, and send my troops there. If I'm too late, the enemy troops will be under white flag again :mad:

Yeah, I have tried to do that - but as soon as I engage them in combat, they retreat to another province. I guess I just have to live with it...

:lol: Maybe I will ;) Only problem is that they have a province in Scotland - and they're allied with England :(

What do you do when two nations are in an endless war? Earlier in the game as Meissen/Saxony I had conquered most of Bohemia with one offensive war and then two defensive wars because they were vassals and thus unallied. Brandenberg declared war on them and have conquered one province however they cannot reach the other two provinces. My solution has been to edit the saved game file so they both have military access through my territory. :) It reminds me of the Egyptian Discworld book.

The other piece of editing I did was to disable the treaty of Arras. It seemed pretty silly for Burgundy to give France three provinces when they had just defeated them in a war and France was now a one province minor and their vassal.

I don't think there is a demo for EU2, unfortunately. But I don't think you will regret it if you buy it :) You can also wait until Paradox releases EU3, perhaps a demo will come too.

Dell: Editing the save files seems very smart sometimes - like in the situations you have been in. I think one of the biggest drawbacks in EU2 is that the events sometimes is very illogical. AFAIK they will cut the events in EU3 - which I appreciate. What do you think of this?

Cut events in what way?

It is annoying in EU2, when historical events just don't fit in. In one of my games Great Northern War events triggered when Sweden was 2 province country pwned by Denmark.

I've read a bit at the EU3 forum, and got the impression that we don't will get such events as mentioned as much as before. But there will of course still be events. So I didn't mean they would cut all events in EU3 :)

Have soon finished my Savoy game - it did go better than expected:

As you can see I just finished a war agaisnt Spain. I gained a few Italian provinces from it. The last province on my wishlist is Liguria - but Genoa have provinces by the Black Sea :( What to do?

Savoy did get many good monarchs and few, but very good leaders! Did plenty of siege-stealings :D

Hitti-Litti said:
It is annoying in EU2, when historical events just don't fit in. In one of my games Great Northern War events triggered when Sweden was 2 province country pwned by Denmark.

Yeah it is annoying when things like that happen so I plan on stopping them from now on. I do like it how the Austrian diplomatic annexation events are relatively dynamic now as I think Poland could inherit Bohemia and Hungary instead and Hungary can remain independant.

I don't think it would be quite the same game without scripted events as things are going to go very ahistorical even without human interaction. Does sound quite cool though that if you were playing as a minor nation then it would be possible to gain beneficial events to continue increasing the size.

Btw has anyone formed Germany on AGCEEP as the event requirements are extremely harsh. You need to have four specific vassals, a nation size of 6, be the elected leader of the HRE, have great relations with your vassals and a BB rating of 3.

@Olav - That looks very similar to my Savoy game however I accidentally saved over half of the progress with another game.

I haven't tried to Germany yet, but I will try sometime. It is very harsh yeah - don't know what will be the worst factor, but getting 4 vassals is perhaps the hardest? Getting 6 provinces too - and keeping BB low is also difficult IMO. Isn't it a time limit too? Before 1500 if I remember correctly.

Too bad about your save, Dell :( Always frustrating when that happens...

1505 is the event death date. I don't believe it is really possible on MyMap as Mainz and Cologne start with vassals and thus they will not accept my own vassalisation attempts. It would be possible to start wars on their vassals though and then vassalise them later. A lot of cash would be necessary to keep relations high. On normal AGCEEP it should be more feasable as several of the nations could be force vassalised.

People have created alternative events to form Germany and I might use one eventually in my game if I eliminate the majority of German states (probably not including Austria and the fringe nations). Bohemia is a one province minor after giving provinces to Austria so I plan to annex them at some point. I would force vassalise them however they are already vassals of Poland.

One of the most annoying things ever...

Brandenberg have one province in the south that has a supply limit of 8 and has a medium fort. Throughout the war I have defeated all their armies and have spent four years continuously building infantry and artillary that I have sent to this province and continual assaults have reduced the fort to 2000 men. The Austrians at this point decide to declare war and have a fudgingg leader and steal the siege. The stupid thing is that Brandenberg only have four provinces so I would have been able to get everything off them and possibly make them my vassals.

I hate siege stealing in this situation especially as Austria will never actually get that province.

Dell19 said:
One of the most annoying things ever...

Brandenberg have one province in the south that has a supply limit of 8 and has a medium fort. Throughout the war I have defeated all their armies and have spent four years continuously building infantry and artillary that I have sent to this province and continual assaults have reduced the fort to 2000 men. The Austrians at this point decide to declare war and have a fudgingg leader and steal the siege. The stupid thing is that Brandenberg only have four provinces so I would have been able to get everything off them and possibly make them my vassals.

I hate siege stealing in this situation especially as Austria will never actually get that province.

:lol: A familiar situation... Don't you have enough WS to get them as vassals (around 80%)?
Perhaps Austria will go for peace if you wait long enough, so you can continue your conquest. I guess your warexhaustion is pretty high?

I've got quite a large nation now as Burgundy declared war on my allies twice and then gave me 7 provinces in total. Usually siege stealing is just mildly annoying however I am playing MyMap so lots of provinces now have medium forts except for Burgundy which had a couple of provinces with no forts. I believe the Palatinate and the Ottomans have been at war for a zillion years as the Ottomans cannot reach the Palatinate capital.

Top Bottom