Easter Egg Collecting! (spoilers be here)

I'm sure others have noted it, but the icon of MP's Spanish Inquisition isn'tthe only nod to that skit. Late the other night I got a fresh laugh when I used a unit to purge non state religions from a city (had a Cult of the Dragon to get rid of), only to hear the sound bite "NO one expects the Spanish Inquisition!" :lol:
I wonder if it was the comfy chairs that did the trick...

Chandrasekhar said:
At least the first installation of it. I remember distinctly plaing the third Monkey Island, so it can't be that old.

Monkey Island 3 is from 1997 and four is from 2000.
Monkey Island 1 is from 1990 and two is from 1991.

Hmm - two things I noticed. Not really easter eggs but there you go:

Kuriotate citiy names are a mix of High Elven and Dark Elven cities from Warhammer Fantasy Battles

And the Elven Maceman piccy is Haer'Dalis - the tiefling bard from BG2

Nope. Definitely Guybrush.

The names ljusalfar, svartalfar sounds scandinavian to me.

I swede and i can make a thing here

scandinavian

Ljusalfar
Svartalfar

swedish

Ljusalver
Svartalver

English

Lightelfes
Blackelfes

I dunno if it was nessecary to make swedish, but i bet the "scandinavian" is norwegan?

lostkitten13 said:
Guybrush Threepwood...is the hero for pirates?
<pouts> should've been Jack Sparrow.

Guybrush is the hero of the nerds. He is supernerdy, and he still gets the girl!
Jack Sparrow is just the favourite of the girls. He is undead, but he still looks good!

Jack Sparrow looks like death warmed over. His thing is that he oozes eccentric cool, like the British 60's 70's 80's Rockstocracy he is based on.

Acheron is a river in Hades (the place). Dis is a latin name for Hades (the God) meaning wealth.

gandhi rules said:
Silly question, What is Icewind dale?

Its a video game that hired one of my favorite fantasy artists (Justin Sweet) to do all of the character portraits. I use a ton of Justin Sweets art in FfH as it tends to be very dark and moody, both from Icewind Dale and other pieces he has painted.

Top Bottom