Dwarf Fortress

Started a new fortress. Put a pop cap on. I ended up getting like 40 immigrants in the first winter. That pissed me off so badly. So now my pop cap is at 25 and I started with elite dwarves with hundreds of various metal bars and such. I will raise my pop cap slowly as I go until I feel comfortable.

The amazing thing is you can increase the pop cap each time you exit the game and get more immigrants. So you can slowly expand. Such a wonderful game this is. I wonder how amazing the final release will be.

From previous abandadoned fortress Game Log:

Ducim Ducimtumam has engraved a masterpiece!
x2
x3
x4
x5
x6
x7
x8
x9
x10
x11
x12
x13
x14
x15
x16
x17
x18
x19
x20
x21

I would like to be able to make rows of walls or fortifications instead of clicking each one individually. Same with floors. It would help for building above ground without all that annoying time wasting.

Starting ANOTHER fortress. Got tired of my last one again due to it sucking. This time I am building beneath a human town. :evil:

I don't care if it is cheating but just having 100 bars of Gold, Silver, Steel and Bronze makes me feel special.

The amazing thing is you can increase the pop cap each time you exit the game and get more immigrants. So you can slowly expand. Such a wonderful game this is. I wonder how amazing the final release will be.

I wonder if we will ever see a final release. I see this becoming much like Nethack where it just continues development forever.

I wonder if we will ever see a final release. I see this becoming much like Nethack where it just continues development forever.

I really don't care for a final release. I just want this wonderful experience to continue to evolve for the better for ever.

New Fortress Autumn 1st Year Update:

My eight modest rooms nearing completion. With my fresh dining hall to the left. I set my pop cap to 10 for now so I can build for a while then increase it in time for a good 10 more immigrants.

Note: These 8 rooms are the largest ones I will build for a while. I will be making peasant housing 1 z level up in the sand. I had 2 z levels of soil. First for me.

I have a question, I built a set of stair cases gonig down a few Z levels to a dug out channel in a room but when i released the lava into the above ground channel which was conencted ot those stairs the lava did not flow down.

How do I make it flow down? Or should I plug that way up and dig into the lava on that lower level?

And a reminder that you all should DL 0.27.169.33g now.

The king of all ideas was to engrave the obsidian area surrounding the volcano. All was well until a lone fire imp decided it didn't like the idea of smooth floors and attacked my mechanics and engravers. It chased them south into a dead end. I recruited them to fight the imp because otherwise they were as good as doomed. Two dwarves wrestled the imp, when the unthinkable happened. The imp set the other dwarf in fire, but in the process of wrestling, the imp itself caught in fire too. The now burning fire imp started to run, igniting all the grass in it's path. It panicked, ran across the brook, back into the magma. A few more dwarves caught into fire before I managed to lock them all inside. Before dying out the fire destroyed huge amounts of rope reed cloth in my trade depot.

Croxis, Vbraun, SL, GB(?), and myself (or basically the #CivFanatics chatroom crew) was planning on doing a type of GOTM style thing with DF. We were planning on all just starting at the exact same location and then comparing fortress's at a later point.

We never really ended up going through with it though.

Anyone still interested in this? We don't really need a "real" grading scale. It would just be interesting to all play the same map and see how the different saves turn out.

We can use whatever the newest version is (g?) and set a deadline (two weeks we all post them? One month?) Push the "play casually" idea. It would also be easier than a SG-style game.

Anyone still interested in this? We don't really need a "real" grading scale. It would just be interesting to all play the same map and see how the different saves turn out.

We can use whatever the newest version is (g?) and set a deadline (two weeks we all post them? One month?) Push the "play casually" idea. It would also be easier than a SG-style game.

Im still up for it if someone would teach me on how to play the game. Although this might change with the finals coming up soon.

I'm up for it, but first I need to finish Jade Empire and possibly Gothic 3.

stickciv, there are two tutorials at DF-wiki. I suggest reading them first. Once you get the hang of the basics, the rest is easy to learn.

stickciv, there are two tutorials at DF-wiki. I suggest reading them first. Once you get the hang of the basics, the rest is easy to learn.

Agreed. Once you get past the whole "what the hell does all this mean?" phase it's rather simple. Of course, if you have any problems just ask in the chatroom. If vbraun, croxis, or I don't know the answer.. you can be pretty sure that SL will.

As for the SGDF. We were talking about it yesterday in chat. At the moment.. it would probably be a lot easier to have one person find a decent starting spot. Pick some food/dwarves to start the game with and then distribute the save. We had some major problems trying to run the seed and getting the same map.

Top Bottom