The "I Got A New Game!" Thread

Got Half-Life for a dollar too. Pretty ingenious game. I'm still stuck in the "On the Rails" level.

I got ageod's World War One, I'm not particularly sure how good it will be, but it'll make a nice change from my usual World War Two gaming. Also got the Mines of Moria expansion pack at last.

I'll probably just play Left 4 Dead a while longer though :p

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, it was overhyped but underrated. A very good game with an awesome story....

I recieved both A Vampyre Story and Tomb Raider Underworld today. But i think im going to finish Fallout 3 before starting either of them.

I don't have a new game, but I have a new computer :woot:
Will be able to play Fallout 3 and Bioshock with it.
Double wootage :)

I got Saints Row 2. Covering houses/people/cars in . .. .. .. . has never been as fun. The game does everything GTA:IV does, only a million times better.

Nifty! What hardware set-up did you go for?

Quad core Q9400, Geforce GTX260, 2G0 DDR3 ram on a StrikerII motherboard and Vista 64bit.

Runs fast. :)

Wel, I just finished Bioshock (on Medium/Hard)

Amazing game, really loved it and hadn't realized until just now that the thread about it was more than a year old... Strange how time flies.

Anyway, I got the 'good' ending, but was immensely disappointed by the shortness of it. And not even rolling credits afterwards to let you cool off while smoking a cig. 1mn of cinematic and start screen, wtf is that ?

Great game, though.

i got morrowind, great game.

and then i got hearts of iron 2:doomsday , its quite boring . the AAR's make it see fun but nothing happens for long periods of time and if you declare war then every one dogpiles you. i suppose i could try it again. anyone got any tips?

I just got Ace Combat 04 and Ace Combat Zero, both excellent games.

Rome Total War + Barbarian Invasions
Far Cry 2
BioShock
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
Red Orchestra
World of Goo
DOOM

All for the grand total of $43.45. RTW and Far Cry 2 were bought at EB with gift cards.

Within the following past week, I was gifted a horsehockyload of steam games.

By morning, it was Mass Effect.
By Early noon, it was iFluid, Multiwinia + Darwinia and Dawn of War Platinum.
By Night, it was Company of Heroes Complete and Half Life 1.

Well jeeze, I have alot to keep up with.

I recently borrowed Far Cry 2 off my uncle. While at first I was skeptical and didn't really like it, it grown on me. Unlike most FPSs, it wasn't over after only 4 hours: instead it kept me occupied for over 2 weeks. The story seemed a bit stupid, and I'm still not quite sure what was happening, but it was still quite compelling to play. Visually, it was fantastic. The savannahs and jungles of Africa looked photo-realistic, and as I've already stated, the fire effects are fantastic. On the other hand, it can be quite frustrating. There are a lot of enemies to fight when you simply don't want to fight, and later in the game they can get quite powerful, to the point where it becomes incredibly difficult to take on one enemy, let alone an entire encampment. But I've finished it, and I must say it was quite enjoyable.

I got x3 reunion while it was cheap on steam. the stupid ship is moving SO SLOW. I'm sure I'm just missing something in the manual, but I haven't had time to mess with it so far.

I bought a Wii for the hollidays, Boom Blox was a right laugh.

My friend is telling me that since I like baseball I'll like this, is it worth buying or just something that you'll play for now and never pick up again?

I got Bully: Scholarship Edition, Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto IV, Call of Duty 4, Battlefield: Bad Company, Midnight Club: Los Angeles, and, Soul Calibur IV.......................

AND THEN A Red Ring of Death!!!!!!! HAPPY DAYS!!!!! crappy xbox.....

My friend is telling me that since I like baseball I'll like this, is it worth buying or just something that you'll play for now and never pick up again?
The singleplayer mode won't keep you amused indefinitely. But the multiplayer mode is pure gold at get-togethers. And even more so if combined with reckless drinking.

Just got Fantasy Wars, woohoo!

Oh, and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I wasn't planning on buying them but they had ridiculously low prices

I also ordered HOMM5 Gold edition (base game + exp packs) but that won't arrive until monday or tuesday

Top Bottom