Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

Where did you install the VIP mod? documents or game folder?

Which version and version number of civ do you have?

Did you install BUG mod?

civ version 313
save version 301
Build Version 3.0.0.1

installed on game folder

and i dont think i installed the bug mod

CIv version 3.19 is needed, as this is the latest update for BTS. You'll find it in the DL section.

Just saw your terrain pack in the Database, and I nearly had a heart attack. Civ4 isn't supposed to look good..! :p

How's it affect performance? I haven't tried it out yet but already I want to stick it in everything I've got.

Oh, and since I'm here I suppose I should grab the full mod as well. :mischief:

Its same resolution as original civ, but with a bit higher dds version (5 instead of 3).
the difference is that I used the detail (overlay for normal texture) and faded (desaturated) the normal texture. A special feature which tbh was unintended, is that if u turn grid on, the colors will be very saturated, which makes it easy to separate the different terraintypes.

The original detail files are a bit smaller (171 kb vs 257 kb) though the blend (normal textures) are larger on some of the terrains (683 kb vs 513 kb) which actually would be a decrease of memory usage with my new textures, and therefore should increase the performance.
Maybe its miliseconds, but I feel its somewhat more responsive, even in late game, colossal map size and 30 AI which is the game I'm currently playing on my 100$ graphic card (ATI 7790), intel core 2 duo 2,66 GHz computer.
In any case it shouldnt decrease performance in any way.

As the person who could not get VIP to work since last year, I don't know how but I finally got it to work. Maybe it had to do with the fact my Civ wasn't updated to 3.19.

Oh well, it's a fun mod after trying it for the first time. I'll definitely be playing it a lot more often.

Hey vincentz love your mod, one thing I dislike about it is that I cannot have the monopoly on religion. Was wondering if I can fix this myself so that I can found all the religions?

>I think the latest version a couple of posts back have removed the "limited religions" iirc.

Well, I'm sorry but I wont be making a new version soon'ish. I just got diagnosed with diabetes type 1, and the whole bloodsugar/insulin thing makes my vision extremely blurred. Also going to Thailand for 4 weeks on monday, to visit my wifes family, so earliest release will be start/mid July.

Until then there is still the release I made earlier with Platy's stuff and my new terrain graphics :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xsr50kknttchxvs/VIP.zip
Would this be the one?

I've been away for some time ... so how's the VIP project going ? Any new versions coming out ? :)

well, there is the one linked in a couple of posts up ;) but tbh, im kinda busy at the moment, plus I started a little project at Arma 2. Im currently having a MP game with a friend, and I take notes with everything that needs to be changed/fixed.
Currently the absolute biggest bug is the "MP Siege movement bug" which allows the sieges to be moved only by keypad. Hopefully the scripting/programming I'm learning with Arma can help me fix/improve VIP.

I was going mental, when playing MP game, and E.V.E.R.Y. time a siegeweapon was being moved with goto or the mouse, the game would go OOS (out of sync).
I dived into the code and reset the random damage done by siegeweapons, and now its going fine without OOS'es.
Thought I'd share it for those who MP VIP :D

Just replace the gamecoredll in the VIP/Assets with the one from the ZIP.
https://www.mediafire.com/?t29aiiq3snsni5a

were you not using a synchronized random variable or something?

well, if you were using pythons random variable generators, they are not synchronized. this means that two players on multiplayer will get two different variables instead of the same one, which causes out of sync afaik

You need to use CyGame.getSorenRandNum(), which I believe is synchronized

Top Bottom