How is your Victoria Game going?

I have to agree with mechaerik...UK is definitely not a good first nation, but as b4tman said France is :p

Allright allright you guys win ;)
But instead I'm going to say Ukraine is.
I actually played my first game as Ukraine (thanks to the AAR over at PI)
All you do is take pieces of Egypt and things! It's that easy!

France was the first country I played, it's easy and manageable

France is a solid starter country also because they are powerful but concentrated. Same with the USA or Spain. You can colonize on your own terms later.

To keep this semi-alive...
My current Italy game is going great.. (1880s). I annexed Egypt :D and Nommed alot on Austria.. pictures once I finish the game

I finally got Vicky2! :D

Early 1895, as the United States of America. I have incorporated Hawaii into the US and attempted to negotiate for Alaska, but the vile Russians, winning their war against the UK, refused to sell the worthless land for what I thought was a great price of 7.2 million dollars, or 2 cents an acre. So Alaska remains elusive, though I might join on the side of the UK and snatch Alaska from under their nose. ;)

Just got out of a big war stronger than I was entering it and against unlikely powers. I declared war on lowly Spain for Cuba as I had a core and they sent me a diplomatic insult by capturing my merchant ships under the guise of smuggling. A year into that war I had Cuba and PR under my control and was almost done getting my Pacific fleet outfitted and loaded with a 25,000 troop army to land at the Philippines, when something shocking happened, my 91 ship fleet anchored off Florida was brutally attacked by a French fleet of 45 ships. It was unexpected and turned out to be suicidal for the French the world top superpower at the time. When France joined I immediately called in my South American allies, Brazil (a second power) Ecuador (another second power) Colombia, and the Empire of Mexico (yet another second power) into the war and suddenly the 51,000 strong French colonial force in South America was outnumbered 3-1 and my navy now 115 strong patrols the coast preventing landings and chasing down small French squadrons stupid enough to break a blockade.

The fact that I helped 3 South and Central American allies become second powers was enough to cause France to agree to back off and give me what I wanted, Cuba, much to Spain's disgust.

I am currently allied with in rank of power, Italy 7th Great Power, Kingdom of 2 Sicilies 8th Great Power, Empire of Mexico 2nd second power, Brazil 3rd second power, Ecuador 8th second power, Colombia and Peru.

I am the 3rd Great Power, behind France 2nd fell from 1st after their humiliating defeat at our hands, and the UK 1st. Austria is right at my heels in 4th and the North German Federation at 5th followed by the Russian Empire at 6th.

I am the 3rd Great Power, behind France 2nd fell from 1st after their humiliating defeat at our hands, and the UK 1st. Austria is right at my heels in 4th and the North German Federation at 5th followed by the Russian Empire at 6th.

When are they not in first? :blush:

Department of Redundancy Department...
No worries though, sounds great!

2nd in the category of Secondary Powers, if it's not redundant to be the 2nd in the category of Great Powers, the 2nd in the Secondary Powers also shouldn't be redundant. It's the same as saying Mexico is the 10th best in terms of prestige (IIRC, there are only 8 great powers).

Second secondary power. Technically, it is wrong, as it was written second second power, but then again, a whole host of acronyms used for the game are technically wrong.

Anyone that got this game through Steam up to a MP game?

Also update in my current game as America:

I am currently first in the world in Military power and Industrial score. I currently have 100 more ships than the United Kingdom. After hosting the Olympics 5 times and winning the majority of them my prestige is 2nd in the world, behind the UK. Regardless I got enough points to place me as first among the Great Powers, 1000 points ahead of the 2nd Great Power, France.

The United Kingdom is 4th after making the stupid mistake of claiming New England and throwing their forces against the well dug in and numerous armies along the border which started this world's version of the Great War. My South American allies took care of the UK's colonies in the Caribbean and South America while I provided Naval coverage. The UK lost most of their ships in the war and ended up losing Canada to the United States and took a terrible beating in China and lost most of that as well as ceding most of Africa to France. Russia joined on the UK's side but for the most part stayed out, refusing to contest me for Alaska and ceding it without a fight. The North German Federation joined France against the British if only to fight the UK's ally, Austria. The French and German forces nearly wiped Austria off the map. Italy remained out, their only contribution was against Egypt in which they lost.

Current Standing of the Great and Secondary Powers:
1st: USA
2nd: France
3rd: North German Federation (hopefully will change to Germany after annexing half of Austria)
4th: UK
5th: Russian Empire
6th: Empire of Mexico
7th: Kingdom of Italy
8th: Brazil

Secondary Powers:
1st: Japan
2nd: Ecuador
3rd: Austria
4th: China
5th: Venezuela
6th: Columbia
7th: Kingdom of the 2 Sicilies (still alive and struggling to hold on against Italy)
8th: Peru

Anyone has ever seen AI Germany form without help? Sometimes they don't even form NGF

Anyone that got this game through Steam up to a MP game?

Also update in my current game as America:

I am currently first in the world in Military power and Industrial score. I currently have 100 more ships than the United Kingdom. After hosting the Olympics 5 times and winning the majority of them my prestige is 2nd in the world, behind the UK. Regardless I got enough points to place me as first among the Great Powers, 1000 points ahead of the 2nd Great Power, France.

The United Kingdom is 4th after making the stupid mistake of claiming New England and throwing their forces against the well dug in and numerous armies along the border which started this world's version of the Great War. My South American allies took care of the UK's colonies in the Caribbean and South America while I provided Naval coverage. The UK lost most of their ships in the war and ended up losing Canada to the United States and took a terrible beating in China and lost most of that as well as ceding most of Africa to France. Russia joined on the UK's side but for the most part stayed out, refusing to contest me for Alaska and ceding it without a fight. The North German Federation joined France against the British if only to fight the UK's ally, Austria. The French and German forces nearly wiped Austria off the map. Italy remained out, their only contribution was against Egypt in which they lost.

Current Standing of the Great and Secondary Powers:
1st: USA
2nd: France
3rd: North German Federation (hopefully will change to Germany after annexing half of Austria)
4th: UK
5th: Russian Empire
6th: Empire of Mexico
7th: Kingdom of Italy
8th: Brazil

Secondary Powers:
1st: Japan
2nd: Ecuador
3rd: Austria
4th: China
5th: Venezuela
6th: Columbia
7th: Kingdom of the 2 Sicilies (still alive and struggling to hold on against Italy)
8th: Peru

Sounds like a good game, I always love it when you get a good great war in at the end. It's rare that Mexico is in the great powers list with an American player, though. What happened there? Borders? Screenshot?

Anyone has ever seen AI Germany form without help? Sometimes they don't even form NGF

I saw the AI come within a hair's breadth of forming Greater Germany; the only thing the NGF needed was Alsace-Lorraine. They got it eventually, but by then Austria had regained GP status.

Yeah, I have many times.. A few games ago I saw A Democratic Germany form without Alsace-Lorraine but it has Austrian Silesia and The Warsaw Region.. it was odd :p (I was Italy FYI)

Just got Vicky2 yesterday. My Prussia game in 1851 shortly after forming the NGF:

Attachments

• NGF.jpg
    NGF.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 126
Top Bottom