Crusader Kings 2

EDIT: Just look at this Byzantium and Britain!

I had that happen about a hundred years later. At the same time. Meanwhile Spain has fallen to the Muslims, who are currently breaking into southern France. France doesn't really mind, it's enjoying its own civil wars.

Can't wait for the Mongols to join in.

Downloading the game now (so glad I have a fast internet connection, it's only taking a few minutes). I'm so eager to play the game - I really liked what limited content the demo had to offer.

I had that happen about a hundred years later. At the same time. Meanwhile Spain has fallen to the Muslims, who are currently breaking into southern France. France doesn't really mind, it's enjoying its own civil wars.

Can't wait for the Mongols to join in.

I honestly find Spain kind of easy. You just wait until one of the Muslim states has been fighting someone else for a while then you sweep in and wipe them out; keep doing that until they're all dead. As Leon you can have all the Muslim states in Iberia gone in short order then it is time to go on to North Africa.

I honestly find Spain kind of easy. You just wait until one of the Muslim states has been fighting someone else for a while then you sweep in and wipe them out; keep doing that until they're all dead. As Leon you can have all the Muslim states in Iberia gone in short order then it is time to go on to North Africa.

Bit more difficult to do when you're a lowly count in central Germany, though ;)

I think I'll give Spain a try in my next game.

Succession laws are frustrating, but in a fun way. Gavelkind is a nightmare if you have a large family, but works out quite well if you have very few (preferably only 1) children. I've yet to find a use for seniority; the new ruler tends to die very quickly. Primogeniture guarantees someone of your dynasty will take the throne (if you have a child) but causes family friction and your first born might be highly ******ed. Elective I am dabbling with in my current Tuscany game. Being able to elect your heir is good, but you better keep your vassals happy or its game over.

I hate all of you. I was going to wait to buy the game.
I'm being conscripted in less than 3 weeks so I wanted to wait until I finished my basic training before buying it. Now I feel all nerved up to splurge $50 on it!

Convert! You will buy it!

I hate all of you. I was going to wait to buy the game.
I'm being conscripted in less than 3 weeks so I wanted to wait until I finished my basic training before buying it. Now I feel all nerved up to splurge $50 on it!

Fifty? Where are you buying it?

In this bit of the world game prices are horrendous.

One thing that bugs me is that it seems like the half the realm revolts every damn time there's a new king.

In this bit of the world game prices are horrendous.

It's even worse if you buy it off from the self. A brand new game would cost $65. Not that they sell a lot of Paradox Interactive games here.

One thing that bugs me is that it seems like the half the realm revolts every damn time there's a new king.

This was problematic in my Leon game. I got around it by giving the second-in-line heir two duchies on the Muslim border (I kept the more productive northern territories for myself). However, my double-duke ended up taking advantage of an excommunication (not sure how that happened), and took a third duchy from the excommed uncle. Now I got a triple-duke of Sevilla, Cordoba, and Badajoz. He's not rebelling now, but he has the resource base to make my life difficult if he does. I want to take one of them to spread out the power, and also Valladoid to make the northern region prettier. But I don't want another revolution, which I fear will happen I revoke titles.

That, and the take-one-title-at-a-time rule for fighting Christians makes it very difficult to conquer Christian territory.

EDIT: And good grief, France, get the hell out of Spain! They have two duchies around Barcelona and one around Valencia. They need to go.

Its kind of stupid that the Red Sea, gulf of persia and indian ocean aren't accesible because I'm playing with Ethiopia and its getting on my nerve.

Does CK2 have a screenshot tool like in EU3/V2/HoI3 where it takes a bitmap of the entire world and colors the provinces by who owns them? My F11 is an ordinary screenshot, and the F12, despite repeated disabling of the Steam screenshot utility, doesn't do anything.

Does CK2 have a screenshot tool like in EU3/V2/HoI3 where it takes a bitmap of the entire world and colors the provinces by who owns them? My F11 is an ordinary screenshot, and the F12, despite repeated disabling of the Steam screenshot utility, doesn't do anything.

I got a loading message once that said it was F10 or F8 (I forget which one, it was a high even number though) which would create a map of the current mapmode you are on.

While I'm waiting during the eternity it takes the game to load, I've seen the "Press F11 for screenshot" tip come up a million times.

Top Bottom