Banished - town building colonization survival game

Confirmation the game will be on steam and a little gameplay video. Also confirmed he's finally stoped adding features!

Link is here.

When? When? When? When? WHEN?

I simply can not wait any longer for this game. It just looks so great. I would test the hell out of that game

I simply can not wait any longer for this game. It just looks so great. I would test the hell out of that game

Sometime by the end of the year.

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”
― Aristotle

With a late 2013 release date set the Banished dev (I should really learn his name :shifty:) has been bug bashing with the help of some test players. I'm very pleased he's got some outside help for this as it means faults hes used to and no longer sees should get fixed.

Also one of his tools for polishing has become a cool feature. Article is here.

finally the release date. i really want a good city builder. Anno 2070 was fun, but not really city building, and grand ages rome wasnt that fun after a while

Sounds like the game is pretty well-polished, I like that he was doing his bug-fixing up front.

As wary as I am of buying-on-release, I might not be able to help myself.

Well, this does look good...

Looking forward to release

Edit: Ohwait, I'm going to be at Uni then... No playing of this until later then

Definitely going to buy it through Steam.

I don't know anything at all about how a game is built, code-wise, and I found his blogging to be really fascinating. He did an AMA on Reddit a few weeks ago and it sounds like he's open to modding and expanding the game.

My only problem is I'm on holiday till the 19th so won't be able to play for a couple of days after release! Arrrghh!

The Steam sale bled me dry, but gah, I must have this game!

After such a long wait, and another delay, I'm fairly meh about this news. Will still buy it on release day though but I'm no longer excited

Is Banished like stronghold ?
Or is it more like Anno?

Top Bottom