"Gifts" on Steam

lindsay40k

Emperor
Anyone else have a pile of shovelware that friends have gifted you that's never been installed? 'Oh, cheers. Thanks, I'll play that. *loads up Civ again*'

I've learned to decline gifts if it's a game I'm unlikely to be interested in. Puzzle games, for instance, or platformers. If the gifter thinks I'd really like it, they can show me the game in person, but if it was just "hey, I've got extra copies", I'll let them know they'd be better off sending them to someone else if it's something well outside my interest zone.

But I do have a lot of unplayed games that I bought on the cheap and then went back to Civ, Europa Universalis, or one of my other usual suspects.

The only gift I recall getting on Steam that I rejected was a Dota 2 invite. Sadly I have a very long list of gifted games I haven't played yet, I'm trying to remember which ones those are and will be playing them next once I finish up some games I already have installed (some of which have been installed for a few years now).

Sometimes when i pre order a game i will get a free copy of this or that. Quite often that game has been Civ actually. I have gifted those copies to my friends. The only thing i have received has been an invitation to a beta, which i accepted.

I got a copy of Nuclear Dawn from years ago the devs threw at everybody who owned the game to try to increase the number of players. I couldn't get anybody to take it.

Rplace civ with dota 2 and that's me :lol:

I basically have two gaming modes- pause capable gaming which I'll do a little on my lunch break or evening hours when my family might need something, and dota 2 which I play when everyone is asleep and my matches won't get interrupted! So I rotate through torchlight 2, master of orion, civ series etc, then when everyone's in bed it's all dota. It's quite sad actually, rest of my library is neglected.

Top Bottom