Mobile gaming

civvver

Deity
I just got an iPhone 5s after having a work issued blackberry for years. So now I'm considering the possibilities of mobile games that I had never given much thought to before. In general are there any iOS games anyone strongly recommends? I know ace patrol is available and I did a final fantasy search and found a ton of those but they are pricey.

Bard's Tale, Ridiculous Fishing, Game Dev Story (not a lot to it, but its fun for a while), Catan, Carcassone, Condado (fan make of Puerto Rico, and its free), other boardgames, and possible a bunch of others I have gotten in a couple of Humble Bundles. I also highly recommend installing Amazon's Appstore because they have a free app every day, usually its crap but once in a while they put up a good game like Carcassone.

I assume those are all available for iOS, I have an Android, because its cheaper and mostly better.

Yeah I don't think humble bundles give ios versions, I've got ace patrol for steam. I'll check out king of dragon pass.

I actually have great big war game off steam and will probably get the ios version of that. It's sorta like advance wars I guess (I never played advance wars), very fun, I think it would work well on mobile.

I've bought and tried some games for iphone that supposedly are good, but I can't get into them. Gamingwise, handhelds just seem subpar. There's obviously a market for this, but for me it's not a compelling experience.

I'll wait to hear what you think of it.

Games I've played:
Tiny Wings
Spelltower
Little Things
+ some free games I can't remember

King of Dragon Pass. Also iPad version of Talisman: digital edition comes out tomorrow. :)

Marvel Puzzle Quest

I got a $30 itunes card for my birthday so ohhh man, got lots of decisions to make now! I saw chrono trigger is in the app store! But it has terrible reviews because the controls and resolution suck apparently. But there's also final fantasy 5, 6 and tactics! AHH! And a zelda windwaker knockoff! And a civ rev type game! too many choices.

I got an Android phone. Does everyone else have Iphone? Hehe
:D

I like strategy games the most. Games I am playing or have played recently that I recommend if you like strategy.

Populus Romanus 2: Brit. FREE
I play as the Romans invading Britain around 50 AD. Maybe I will buy the full version. Haven't decided yet.
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.populusromanus.britannia_free

Strategy Rome in Flames FREE
Playing as Anglo-saxons invading Britain in around 400 AD. It's a challenge to play. Good AI. I also like the music and sounds in it. Maybe I will buy the full version.
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rexopax.romeinflamesFREE

Slay
This one costs money. It's really fun but simple to play. Good for playing on a mobile phone which doesn't have a big screen.
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.windowsgames.slay

Bumping this thread to talk about Clash of Clans.

I'm hooked on it. I initially started playing because my friend's kid's clan needed more members. But the game sucked me in.

I like the fact that you don't have to spend hours a day playing it to be any good. There is a lot to learn, but you don't have to in order to enjoy yourself (similar to the civ games in that respect).

We just did our first clan war and now I want to join a bigger clan to learn faster. Anyone else play? Anyone up for a CFC clan?

Come join our clan Peter. We are canned inferno. It is a very nice international group. Many of us have been together for over a year. My user name is Audrey (the 11 year old who stopped playing lol).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom