What are you guys playing now?

And even if its dissapointing, why would i ask for a refund? i bought it on my free will, nobody forced me. I could have waited for reviews if i wanted. 80% of the complainers that claim the game doesnt work, bought their pc at wallmart 3y ago for a fiver probably

The same way if you went to a restaurant and asked for a cheeseburger but they gave you a barely edible piece of shoe leather with fermented mould on top. You bought it of your own free will, nobody forced you. You could have waited for other diners' opinions if you wanted. But what you were given wasn't what was advertised.

The same way if you went to a restaurant and asked for a cheeseburger but they gave you a barely edible piece of shoe leather with fermented mould on top. You bought it of your own free will, nobody forced you. You could have waited for other diners' opinions if you wanted. But what you were given wasn't what was advertised.

Except in your example the burger is a health risk... If the burger was just average then I wouldn't ask for a refund.

Health risk or not, if the product doesn't live up to the expectations advertised you get a refund.

If I bought a shirt that fell to pieces after a day I would demand a refund also. That didn't pose a health risk. It's just a waste of money.

Again the shirt example is of something that is well below acceptable standards...

Well the driving (at least in the PC version) of Watch Dogs is far below acceptable standards (the standard level of driving mechanics in games is pretty poor as it is though). The rest of it doesn't seem as bad though, just most of it not being above average. I wouldn't ask for a refund if my burger was average and I had already eaten it (or opened, installed and was playing the game), nor would I expect one. Like I said, my suggestion for getting a refund was before he had installed and started playing the game as it is a bit too late now.

I'm not fan of Watch Dogs or Ubisoft, but the what would be approximately a "standard" level of quality for the average game is so low that Watch Dog's isn't really below it. Maybe on the lower end of it.

Which is still pretty disappointing but no surprise since Ubisoft is only interested in making more or less annual releases for their franchises and setting the standard for average console games.

It is well below my personal level of acceptable standards, but those are much higher than the average gamer's :( (Although not unreasonably so, for the most part, I'm just tired of mediocrity).

How is space hulk? It got pretty poor reviews.

I fired up Spelunky last night. Let's just say I was not impressed. Mainly because the reviews all praise this game, but to me it felt like a mario clone with random levels. Not that it's awful, but it's way too hard and everyone said it's roguelike but it's not at all. The only roguelike aspect is the random levels and a shop. There aren't any skills or leveling or crafting, unless that comes later but I doubt it. I need to play it a few more hours to be certain but to me it's a glorified mario bros. that's way too hard for my tastes. If the average review had been like a 7 or 8 I'd probably be less disappointed.

I've never really understood the big deal about Spelunky either, and why it seems to be popular for speed runners/record setters. I haven't played it though, and have no intention of ever doing so since it just doesn't interest me.

I have completed Shadow of Chernobyl and am currently reinstalling Call of Pripyat but never played Clear Sky. Is it worth getting or stick to the main games?

Shame Watch_Dogs turned out to not be as cool as advertised. I almost bought it the day it came out (just because), but instead used the money to buy Enemy Within and save me $45.

I have completed Shadow of Chernobyl and am currently reinstalling Call of Pripyat but never played Clear Sky. Is it worth getting or stick to the main games?

Definitely. Clear Sky is the weakest of the three titles, with some bugs and glitches that still remain (although I never really noticed them, aside from some AI ones), but it is still more of the STALKER experience and gameplay and still fun and interesting.

Dude watch dogs will be base price of $30 in 6 months and go on a 75% sale on steam for 7.49 just wait. Here's a perfect example of pc pricing. Arkham origins released at $60 on Oct 25th last year. Last week or two weeks ago during the humble bundle store spring sale is was base price $30 and either 66% off (9.89) or 75% off (7.49), I can't remember, it was under $10 though. 7 month wait, at least 83% less than release price. I'd say that's worth waiting. It happens all the time to every big title and usually less than a year after release. On top of that you know there will be some patches before then, driver updates etc so you won't have to deal with as many bugs.

Except in your example the burger is a health risk... If the burger was just average then I wouldn't ask for a refund.

And im pretty sure i could point to the health and safety inspection for it with regulations. Same for the shirt.

Im sorry, the game works. Not on all systems true, but saying it is completly broken is as much as a lie. Name me also one game that didnt have optimization problems from release, which got fixed later.

Nope, gamers go into their rage fit about never pre-ordering and come back 3 months later "wow this is pretty good". Every single time. Its like they have memory loss every release. Or they give up on the game (their good right) but still rage about it 6 months later....

Different people have different standards. That's all there is to it.

Oh, and Rome II is still an utter mess eight months and 13 patches after release.

Im sorry, the game works. Not on all systems true, but saying it is completly broken is as much as a lie. Name me also one game that didnt have optimization problems from release, which got fixed later.

I don't know. If got a rare burger from Bob Evans and I wanted medium rare. They patched it and offered me free Desert DLC.

Oh, and Rome II is still an utter mess eight months and 13 patches after release.

Could've fooled me. Most companies don't confidently pump out DLC for broken games like CA is.

but saying it is completly broken is as much as a lie.
Probably why no one said it was actually completely broken.

Name me also one game that didn't have optimization problems from release, which got fixed later.
Left 4 Dead, Portal 2, I don't recall there being any widespread performance and optimization issues with DE: Human Revolution, Bulletstorm, Mass Effect 2 and 3, Mafia II, Max Payne 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum or Just Cause 2 to name a few.

I wasn't paying that close attention, but I didn't here any major complaints about performance for Titanfall or the new Wolfenstein either.

While not everyone is having trouble with Watch Dogs, issues running it on even high end rigs are certainly far too common for how the game looks.

Nope, gamers go into their rage fit about never pre-ordering and come back 3 months later "wow this is pretty good". Every single time.
I can't say I have ever seen people do that outside of a few individuals, and most of the time there were a bunch of patches and fixes by the time they got it anyway. The people who are strongly against pre-ordering are still a minority of the people talking about any particular game anyway, tonnes of people still pre-order (and still get burned by bad games).

Usually the opposite happens, whoel bunch of people pre-order/buy it anyway, and then several weeks later a discussion comes up about it again and they go on about all the problems and flaws it has if it wasn't that great of a game (like Bioshock Infinite).

Currently playing the Third age: Total War LOTR mod for MTW2. Turtling as king Bard of Dale while I have sent my awesome 10 martial son on an epic quest Tolkien style. Little did I know when I started it that i probably picked one of the worst factions to turtle as. The Rhun easterlings are a behemoth and constantly sending stacks my way, stacks of mostly javelin infantry and other skirmishers which makes it extremely tiring, though quite manageable between the more serious (and fun) invasions. The constant battles and the tactics required to fight such a foe has driven my heir Lord Bain the Wrathful, leader of the southern defenses to become quite the bitter and ruthless man.

The main part of the show, though, is the youngest son of Bard, Lord Harward. As I had secured my position in the early game, Rohan was falling having lost the east to orcs from Mordor and Dol Guldur, in the west Isengard was marching, and Edoras had fallen to traitors. So it was decided that Dale would answer the call of our southern allies and Harward was given command of the first truly professional armed force to march out of Dale since the restoration of the kingdom.

It's a pretty unique total war experience sending a single army "into the wild" like that. Just getting through Mirkwood felt like a huge undertaking. The Orcs were driven out of central Mirkwood and restored to the elves. Passing dangerously close to the fortress of Dol Guldur Harward suddenly faced the Witch King himself with only a small band of orcs in the southwestern glens of the forest. The Witch King probably killed a few hundred of my men, but in the end finally fell. To replace some of the losses I could luckily hire some Beornings as I reached the Anduin Vale, although they dissapointingly do not actually transform into bears in battle.

Finally reaching northeastern Rohan, a glorious campaign resulting in two more dead Nazgul ensued and Harward restored the eastern lands to Rohan and in exchange was given stewardship of Helms Deep to set up a force of united men for the defense of Middle Earth*.

After this a good few years has passed with Harwards army spending it's time mostly rebuilding and restoring, though a few forays were completed including the second sacking of Isengard (Rohan conquered it then lost it again so I went in there and razed everything). By now the homeland is getting desperate though, as maintaining such a big army far away mean a lot less forces defending dale itself. I have several times seriously considered sending him all the way back again even if it would only accomplish the razing of one or two Rhunian cities over a span of many years.

My only conclusion right now is; next time rumors of the One Ring is heard, Harward has to go for it.

I'm rambling a bit, but I highly reccomend this mod, it has great immersion and playing it forms nice narratives. Probably want one of the submod compilations as well which I missed, as those fix stuff like the endless skirmishers in my game and add even more content. Greatest total war experience I've had in years.

*In truth a bit of a gamey or exploity trade as Helms Deep is so highly upgraded but it just fit my intentions so perfectly.

Top Bottom