Harmatt is ridiculous

maglock

Coatlann Tamer
While playing a recent game in Master of Mana (awesome so far BTW), the AI threw at me Harmatt. He was some ultra high level after wiping off whole civilizations in the early game, and I was just entering the mid game.

Anyhow, he had 80% withdraw I believe. Well, I used a few units to weaken him down, some treants that popped up etc. Each time he withdrew. In the end he had 0.0 life. I hit him with amost ever single unit in my army and he would not die! Finally, after 20+ units hitting him in a row I got lucky and he failed his withdraw chance resulting in death.

Ridiculous.

No unit should be able to survive at 0.0 health after 20+ units attack him. Totally broken.

My solution:
Make it so that a unit can only withdraw a certain number of times per turn (twice is reasonable, more if highly promoted). Or make it so that units that get hit who have 0.0 health automatically die.

Edit: Perhaps we need a new promotion "Negate Withdraw" or "Reduce Enemy Withdraw" that units with more than 1 movement can take that allows a unit to "Hunt down" these units that will not die.

I think a hard cap at two defensive withdrawals a turn (or even one) is the simplest solution. Or perhaps one withdraw per turn for each unit of movement (1 movement, 1 defensive withdrawal per turn, 2 movement -> 2 withdrawals, etc).

And perhaps withdrawals should use up next turns movement, so if I have a unit with 3 moves, it withdraws twice, I can only move one tile next turn.

I think a hard cap at two defensive withdrawals a turn (or even one) is the simplest solution. Or perhaps one withdraw per turn for each unit of movement (1 movement, 1 defensive withdrawal per turn, 2 movement -> 2 withdrawals, etc).

And perhaps withdrawals should use up next turns movement, so if I have a unit with 3 moves, it withdraws twice, I can only move one tile next turn.

Both excellent suggestions. Hopefully we can encourage Sephi and the team to adopt something like this. :snowcool: :santa2:

harmet has 0 percent chance to with draw if there is no squares to withdraw to. He is supposed to be able to survive the wildness in early game and this enables it but unfortunately you had bad luck of trying to kill him.

Just pointing out that with the double strength FFh promotions (which I think should be done away with) it's not that hard to get an 80% withdraw unit on your own... or an army of them.

Just pointing out that with the double strength FFh promotions (which I think should be done away with) it's not that hard to get an 80% withdraw unit on your own... or an army of them.

Yes! Auric Ulvin (charismatic) + horse archers + ride of the 9 kings... Try and catch me!

But then Loki isn't as annoying as he should be :).

Top Bottom