Songhai+Burial Tomb+Landsknecht?

I wonder if all these stack together so Songhai Landknechts (and upgraded ones to Lancer etc) get 12x more gold upon plundering a city when you take it?

I tried this out and got about 1554 gold from an Egptian city with a tomb in it. Didn't feel that much, but I could be wrong.

If it does work and it stacks with the Landknechts, Songhai really digs the concept of war for fun and profit.

I played a Prince difficulty game with Songhai starting next to Egypt as my first ever Civ game. Songhai stomped Egypt and then spiraled completely out of control. I was racing against time to get my Diplomatic Victory as Songhai literally wiped every single civ out in one continuous swathe. I managed to get the win a few turns before his swarms of Mechanized Infantry arrived on my 3 city empire... :p

So yeah, I think the Songhai + Burial Tomb combo works at least.

If the Landsknecht's ability doesn't stack with Songhai's UA (which I do believe it stacks with Egypt's UB. Both are from base game) that makes me sad. Just think of the possibilities! Every city is a Burial Tomb city!

It would really help the Songhai compensate it's UU that is outclassed by the Conquistador (except the hammer cost). And the money! Gold! I'd imagine Askia's leaderscreen would put dollar signs over his eyes when you're playing as Egypt.

I play Songhai quite abit, i usually go Tradition into Piety even if I'm doing a Dom game. If you ever want to play a Civ that's OP in a Specific setting play Songhai on marathon you can get 3 expansions up by turn 90 which is equivalent to T30 on standard speed.

Top Bottom