The Faeries

last update before i go to bed, here's Foxfire (attached)

i also managed to fix the alpha property and the pink sword (it was the environment fx that was missing), thanks tseb:)

Im tempted to make a new Erlking as well, the old treeman with a flaming blue head is cool and all but it dosnt scream 'lord of the hunt' yet :p

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 153
WOW! These are really nice reskins! I recommend you to put them in download section :goodjob: It makes me want to try the faeries next time :lol:

And since you are doing a lot of reskins, may I suggest you to reskin some more? Your previous reskins rely heavily on number of faeries in a unit (Hunter = 1 Faerie + 1 Faerie Dragon, Ranger = + 2 Faerie Dragon, etc). In my low-graphic setting computer, this will showed up as a single Faerie. Thus it would be hard for me to know which one is which. If you could make another reskins of the recon line, it would be great.

Thanks!

Thanks Esvath :) i was actually thinking about that myself (making a slightly dif recon line) since ive learned how to reskin those archers i had some ideas of using the courtesan unit as nymphs and what not.

@ Valk: go for it :D

haha oh yeh, ill upload the lot when ive done the others :)

recon re-reskins complete, they looks much more distinguishable now.

Flurry complete

only thing left for me to do is the erlking and his wild riders

EDIT: Erlking complete

THe Units are:

Top row:
Settler, Worker, Summerlord, Winterlord, Faelord

Second row:
Adept, Mage, Archmage, Druid

Third row:
Archer, Longbowman, Flurry, marksman, Fetch

Fourth row:
Scout, hunter, Ranger, Beastmaster, Moon Faerie

Fifth row:
Warrior, Sprite, Pixie, Sun Faerie

Sixth row:
Troll, Wood Spirit, Furie, Dryad

Bottom Row:
Foxfire, Larincsidhe, The Erlking, Wild Rider

--------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------
-------DOWNLOAD FAE UNIT ART HERE-------

Attachments

• FaeTeaser.jpg
    FaeTeaser.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 350
Thankyou! :)

some things i havent been able to work out (when i do ill make an update):

1) i couldnt change the colour on the winterlord and faelord's swords,.

2) some of the flame effects i attached (the erlkings feet, adepts hands etc) are moving toward strange directions. (ie the erlkings feet burn to the left not up, the adepts hands burn toward its body, not up)

3) The Furie and Dryad seem to cause the surrounding background to grow significantly darker when they are on the map. i tested this with multiple units and the darkness stacks, with enough you can make the background totally black. not sure whats going on there (i have tried redoing them from scratch but the issue remains)

THe upload is finished so:

-------DOWNLOAD FAE UNIT ART HERE-------

2) some of the flame effects i attached (the erlkings feet, adepts hands etc) are moving toward strange directions. (ie the erlkings feet burn to the left not up, the adepts hands burn toward its body, not up)

you can just rotate the emitter node

1) i couldnt change the colour on the winterlord and faelord's swords,.
why, issues or just not enough time? can i help you on this?

3) The Furie and Dryad seem to cause the surrounding background to grow significantly darker when they are on the map. i tested this with multiple units and the darkness stacks, with enough you can make the background totally black. not sure whats going on there (i have tried redoing them from scratch but the issue remains)

very strange, is this permanent for the tile or does it move with the unit?

looking through the files:
-the archer still has the ears on the nif but no texture for them (i would just remove the ears, right click on the ears -> remove branch)
-beastmaster has an unused golshan model in the folder (same goes for the hunter, ranger, scout, summerlord, winterlord)
-the flurry has a very thick bowstring (you can easily fix this*)
-the faelord body need an alpha node**
-summerlord still has the issue of a linked texture (see post #102), it will not work on sytsems besides yours afaik., has the same issue with the alpha channel like the fealord
-winterlord, dito

*if you right click on the bow -> texture -> edit uv
you will see a some points in the upper left, this is where the bowstring gets its texture. open the texture and put a one pixel wide line in there with an alpha channel surrounding it.
reopen the archer right click on the bow and and drag and drop the points so the bowstring uses the one pixel wide line as a string.

** just rightcklick on the body -> attach property -> nialphaproperty -> change the number next to flag of the nialphaproperty from 236 to 4845

you can just rotate the emitter node

i tried this but how does one know which way the emitter node is facing?

why, issues or just not enough time? can i help you on this?

severe confusion and issues :p i tried what you suggested but couldnt get it to work at all... you can try help if you want :D

very strange, is this permanent for the tile or does it move with the unit?

it moves with the unit and dissapears when the unit dies

-the archer still has the ears on the nif but no texture for them (i would just remove the ears, right click on the ears -> remove branch)

-beastmaster has an unused golshan model in the folder (same goes for the hunter, ranger, scout, summerlord, winterlord)

i kept them in in case people wanted to used those for other units, unlikely but you never know ;)

-the flurry has a very thick bowstring (you can easily fix this*)

fixed :)

-the faelord body need an alpha node**....just rightcklick on the body -> attach property -> nialphaproperty -> change the number next to flag of the nialphaproperty from 236 to 4845

ahhh i thought i added an alpha node, i forgot about the 4845 thing though. fixed on all lords :)
-summerlord still has the issue of a linked texture (see post #102), it will not work on sytsems besides yours afaik., has the same issue with the alpha channel like the fealord
-winterlord, dito

i hunted for all of the linkedtexture isses from #102 and thought i got em all :) hope they're the last ones :p

wait do you mean the swords themselves (because this is just a retexture) or the effect on the swords?

edit:
i tried this but how does one know which way the emitter node is facing?
you don't, rotate it -> try ingame -> rinse and repeat until happy
yes i know very annoying. you could also remove the particle effect and use the one from the brigit model since this is shown in nifskope (and also very easily to modify)

wait do you mean the swords themselves (because this is just a retexture) or the effect on the swords?

the flame effects on the swords (i know how to re-texture, obviously :p)

you don't, rotate it -> try ingame -> rinse and repeat until happy

oh bollocks :p sounds time consuming. ill tackle this some time this weekend then.

i have a better idea for you how to fix the sword flame effects and the effects on your other units:
1) remove all effects from the units
2) open up the valkyrie model from the mercurian civilization -> use that effect on all your models, it is visible in nifskope
3) edit the effect for each model to your liking here are some tips:

-node 69 NiParticleSystemController of the valkyrie controls many of the important variables:
size, emit rate, and so on you can just play with them and see how they affect your effect. if you have specific questions feel free to ask.*
-node 72 NiColorData controlls the color of your effect (you may also use different textures)
-node 71 NiParticleGrowFade controls the how the particles grow and fade

*some important variables:
-Speed
-Size
-Emit Rate
-Lifetime
-Start Random

you can for example use start random so that the particles will start from sword tip to hilt on the blade and then use speed and direction/angle to move them upwards. then go into the NiParticleGrowFade node and change it so that the particles star out big and then fade.

just toy around with it for a while and you will get the hang of it :)

edit:
the only good node this effect is missing is a gravity node, but that is an other story :)

thanks valkrionn :)
@The Changer:
change the <fShadowScale> of those two units to 0, like every other golshan model. this should fix this issue.

fantastic find, that valkyrie effect is great :)

EDIT:

The issue with units making the map darker under them is a faulty shadow. How do I know?

I've done it. Was a loooong time ago with an improvement, rather than unit, but the issue is the same.

@The Changer:
change the <fShadowScale> of those two units to 0, like every other golshan model. this should fix this issue.

sweet, another one bites the dust!

Top Bottom