i can't see the main menu buttons

chukandar

Chieftain
i have just installed wild mana for the first time after playing a game of ffh2. i really liked it so i thought of giving wild mana a try. i can't see the main menu buttons there is just a wallpaper of master of magic after the loading screen. no 'play now' or 'game options' even worse i can't quit with the usual f4.

i have installed version 8 and then the patch 8.20. please help me.:confused::confused:

i have just installed wild mana for the first time after playing a game of ffh2. i really liked it so i thought of giving wild mana a try. i can't see the main menu buttons there is just a wallpaper of master of magic after the loading screen. no 'play now' or 'game options' even worse i can't quit with the usual f4.

i have installed version 8 and then the patch 8.20. please help me.:confused::confused:

If you did not have a Wild Mana version installed before then it almost has to be some kind of download corruption.
Delete the Wild Mana Mod folder, and download a fresh full version 8 and the 8.20 patch.

If you had a previous version of Wild Mana, do the same.

I've had this happen in mods when my game is set to german language and the mod doesn't provide german language tags. However, i just tried setting my game to german just now and in my WM, Main menu buttons still appear (and in german, no less).

Guess you could still try if your game isn't set to english though.

i have downloaded and installed wild mana again, still the same screen with no buttons.

I've had this happen in mods when my game is set to german language and the mod doesn't provide german language tags. However, i just tried setting my game to german just now and in my WM, Main menu buttons still appear (and in german, no less).

Guess you could still try if your game isn't set to english though.

how to check which language is set as default. ??

Please help i really want to check this great modmod. :)

start the vanilla (i.e. unmodded) beyond the sword game. go to options -> set language to english -> load mod: wildmana

edit: please let us know if it worked

start the vanilla (i.e. unmodded) beyond the sword game. go to options -> set language to english -> load mod: wildmana

edit: please let us know if it worked

no it didn't work. i will check it on another computer this time.

maybe try to set the menu theme to something else in BTS and then load the mod from the ingame menue via advanced->load mod?

i just installed it on another old computer i got and it runs fine but its super slow because its a old p4. so i think the problem is with my current laptop. why do then it runs civ bts and ffh2 fine then ??

maybe try to set the menu theme to something else in BTS and then load the mod from the ingame menue via advanced->load mod?

ok i will try this.

maybe you have some custom mapscripts installed which cause trouble? Or a mod in customassets?

the only mods i had was bug, and ffh2 which both i had uninstall-ed before installing wildmana for the second time. i thought they might be the culprit.

anyway thank you all for support. i think the real problem might be windows installation. the windows xp was installed from an arabic version disc. i have set the regional langauge to english. i can't be bother to install windows xp again at this time. :)

the only mods i had was bug, and ffh2 which both i had uninstall-ed before installing wildmana for the second time. i thought they might be the culprit.

anyway thank you all for support. i think the real problem might be windows installation. the windows xp was installed from an arabic version disc. i have set the regional langauge to english. i can't be bother to install windows xp again at this time. :)
Did you change both settings in Regional and Language Options?

1) Regional Options tab->English (United States)
2) Advanced tab->Language for non-Unicode programs->English (United States)

Changing the second requires a reboot to take effect. You may also need to reinstall WM after (better than reinstalling the OS). If you've already tried the above, then I have nothing else to offer.

Did you change both settings in Regional and Language Options?

1) Regional Options tab->English (United States)
2) Advanced tab->Language for non-Unicode programs->English (United States)

Changing the second requires a reboot to take effect. You may also need to reinstall WM after (better than reinstalling the OS). If you've already tried the above, then I have nothing else to offer.

already done that still no main menu buttons. In fact the buttons are there i can click on them, but they are not visible.

maybe the fond is missing?
that seems very strange, but if they are there you should be able to play it.

you could ask someone to make a savegame from turn 0 and then try that I guess.

you could ask someone to make a savegame from turn 0 and then try that I guess.

transfered two save games from my another computer. its a CTD with both of them. A popup window then apper which says 'an error log is being created.'

do wild mana require warlords expansion pack because i don't have warlords.

chukandar, have you ever found a solution to this?

I´m facing the exact same issue on a Win XP laptop, and nothing seems to make it right.

chukandar, have you ever found a solution to this?

I´m facing the exact same issue on a Win XP laptop, and nothing seems to make it right.

No nothing worked at that time as you can see i tried a lot of things. I do think the real problem was with windows installation. Windows was installed by default with arabic language.

I do have reinstalled Xp but waiting for the 9 version. :)

Top Bottom