Noble House questions

Dr. Eszterhazy

Chieftain
I don’t understand a few things about the Noble House option and still have these questions after looking through the Civpedia and these forums:

1. The numbers on the Noble House Advisor Screen are, from top to bottom, the current support of the Noble House, the bonus (or penalty) that you get from having researched certain technologies, and “estimated.” What does “estimated” represent?

2. My understanding is that the support of the Noble House automatically decreases each turn. Is it a set amount or are there certain factors that determine how much the support level falls? Does the bonus from researching favored technologies slow the decrease and does the penalty from researching “bad” technologies increase the rate at which support falls?

3. Can the current support number go higher than 100? If support is at 100 and you build units or buildings that increase the support of the Noble House, does the increased support carry over or have any effect on the support number or is it just wasted?

4. What effect does the bonus that you get from favored technologies have? If you get a 20, does that means the support that you get from building favored units or buildings is increased by 20%? So a building that would increase support by 500 instead increases support by 600 points?

5. How does a building or unit that increases support that say is worth 500 points affect the current support level which seems to be a number between 1 and 100? For example, if I wanted to increase the support level by 5 points, how many 500 point buildings or units would I have to build?

6. As an example, the Noble House Vidalis (the Hunting house) gives you points for building hunting lodges and a penalty for building forges. If you build the Counsel Tree which creates a hunting lodge in every city, do you get the increased support for the hunting lodges that are suddenly created in each city? If you also build the wonder that creates a forge in every city, do you suddenly get the negative support for each forge that is created in your cities?

I don't know a lot about the noble houses but I seem to recall from other threads that the wonders giving free buildings don't count towards support. So in your final example neither wonder would affect your support at all.

This does create the weird situation of the Council Tree actually being a bad thing to build if you've incorporated House Vidalis since you lose the opportunity to build hunting lodges for support.

After playing for a while, it seems the answer to question five is that building something worth 100 points of support increases the overall support level by 1 point.

I never cared for the way the houses are implemented. Could never understand it enough to bother with.

The beauty is They are optional so I can choose not to play with them

Top Bottom