7 new screenshots and more information emerges from GDC (8th March 2012)

Please be not Zulu,please be not Zulu,please be not Zulu.:please:
Please be Kongo,please be Kongo,please be Kongo.:please:
Or another African civ that is not Zulu.
It's terrible if Zulu gets in!
That little civilization does not deserve to be called an "empire" or to get into this game!
It has very little to none accomplishments!
If they get in,I will be horrified!

That little civilization does not deserve to be called an "empire" or to get into this game!

Geez, Shaka is a Civ staple. It's not that bad at all. I think "Attila's Court" would be a far worse travesty.

No Congo we want Zulus. How can I make a Zulu War mod without Zulus? Hmmm? :lol::mischief: Also, how can I without Great Britain? :sad:

In any case those are Mayans in the screenshot.

One could say that for some other civs in the game as well (take the Iroquois for example; a 'civ' of 12.000 people at their height).

As long as it offers nice gameplay it's reason enough to put a civ in, imho.

What is the sister city to be called??? Bleda's court? Attila's Rome? Hunnic Constantinople? The horrors abound.

No more horse civs. I think Mongols and Russia already suffice for the Asian/East European steppes. Huns is redundant.

Also, it depends on the colors. There is a black civ for sure on the minimap although that may be a clumpage of CS's. There is also a white, purplish civ on the continent. Probably Greece but the cities don't look blue. There is also a teal civs which belong to the Celts. We know Grey/Purple is Carthage. And the light blue civ does not look like France wither.

Shaka was a terrible tyran!
That horrible little person killed 2 million people!
It would be a nightmare if that nuisance gets in!
They did nothing important!
They were not important and their "empire" was smaller then Belgium!
They are the smallest kingdom in the game,if they get in!
They simply not deserve to be in this game,they are only famous because of 1 battle!
If we are going to add all famous civs and let out all not famous civs...

One could say that for some other civs in the game as well (take the Iroquois for example; a 'civ' of 12.000 people at their height).

As long as it offers nice gameplay it's reason enough to put a civ in, imho.

Its the simple fact that people can relate to the Zulus. They know who they were, and the Iroquois as well. Though I'd love to see the Sioux and Sitting Bull added. Perhaps in the third xpac.

Shaka was a terrible tyran!
That horrible little person killed 2 million people!
It would be a nightmare if that nuisance gets in!
They did nothing important!
They were not important and their "empire" was smaller then Belgium!
They are the smallest kingdom in the game,if they get in!
They simply not deserve to be in this game,they are only famous because of 1 battle!
If we are going to add all famous civs and let out all not famous civs...

What makes you think the ruler has to be Shaka? I would have Cetshwayo kaMpande be the leader, and yes he killed a lot of his own people as well. In any case there is no evidence the Zulu are going to be in. They very well may end up being a DLC civ.

The Iroquois Confederacy were constantly fighting against foreign invaders and despite of their very little population,they were able to resist the invaders.
They have more accomplishments then the terrible Zulus.

Zulu's are fine, as long as they're not in at the expense of Ethiopia (who better make it :trouble:). Now the Huns, ugghh, it'll not be ******ed to have them as long as that's a barbarian city, or they're some sort of super-barb group, as someone pointed out earlier, and not a proper civ.

The Iroquois Confederacy were constantly fighting against foreign invaders and despite of their very little population,they were able to resist the invaders.
They have more accomplishments then the terrible Zulus.

Where does this hatred of the Zulus come from? Are you from Africa? There must be something I don't understand. Throughout history there have been so many brutal civilizations, so why are you targeting the Zulus? :confused:

Wow, where did all this hate towards the Zulu come from?

I guess it really depends what criteria you use. If it is factual influence on the world, measured in millitary accomplishments, empire size, trade achievements etc. There are alot of civs in right now that don't make sense (For example Siam instead of Kmer).

I think Zulu would be fine. Even though their influence isn't huge they did accomplish alot on millitary level and they are without doubt one of the most famous African civs. Plus they speak to the imagination. Good enough for me.

I mean, how would you justify Polynesia otherwise?

Where does this hatred of the Zulus come from? Are you from Africa? There must be something I don't understand. Throughout history there have been so many brutal civilizations, so why are you targeting the Zulus? :confused:
My guess is that he wants Congo, a former Belgian colony, in instead of the Zulu.
But that's speculation. Maybe he just doesn't like them.

So, let's take a look so far:

Byzantines
Carthage
Celts
Dutch
Maya

With the Huns, that's six. We still have three more. I think the unit icon looks way more Mayan than Zulu myself. I would also be extremely suprised if Ethiopia isn't in, what with Religion and all

Wow, where did all this hate towards the Zulu come from?

QUOTE]

I mean from a CiV POV not morally or historically?

My guess is that he wants Congo, a former Belgian colony, in instead of the Zulu.
But that's speculation. Maybe he just doesn't like them.

I think he means an older African kingdom a long time before that debacle when the Belgians took over the area and committed unforgivable genocide. I could be wrong though, but I think he mentioned this in an older thread before.

I think that the mystery unit's logo looks very Mayan, but the unit itself could go either way. All I can make out is the head-dress. It kind of reminds me of the Holkans, but it could be Impi too.

Does anyone have the capacity to put the image in Photoshop or something and make it lighter with more contrast?

I think that the mystery unit's logo looks very Mayan, but the unit itself could go either way. All I can make out is the head-dress. It kind of reminds me of the Holkans, but it could be Impi too.

Does anyone have the capacity to put the image in Photoshop or something and make it lighter with more contrast?

No shield those are not Impi.

One thing though the great admiral Dewey is he in a new cruiser unit of some sort? His flagship Olympia (C-6) was a protected cruiser.

So what Civ could be represented by white and purple cities? Since there is clearly a continent with that color.

Also light blue and dark blue/black cities in the other continent. Is that anyone's particular flag colors?

I mean all modern civs have the flag color to a degree. Not too sure if those colors are prevalent though.

I think the white and purple are the Byzantines

No shield those are not Impi.
Hurray!
I mean the Kingdom of Kongo that existed from 1390 to 1914.
It has nothing to do with my home coutry,Belgium.
They are a far better choice then Zulu.
Ethiopia would be another good choice.
But I guess Firaxis has made a foolish choice and chose the most famous civ.
Siam makes sense and I'm not going to begin another endless discussion.
Of all the civs that are currently in game,Zulu has the least accomplishments and smallest influence.

Top Bottom