Persia + Freedom finisher = ...12 turn Great Artist golden age?

Aaron90495

King
So I've been playing my first game ever as Persia (Immortal, Mediterranean), and I've really been loving them so far (currently in the middle of a ~230 turn golden age! :D). I recently ran into a curious situation, though: I didn't manage to snag Chichen Itza, but I completely finished Freedom, and all Great Artist golden ages that I've generated since then have only lasted 12 turns instead of 16.

I haven't generated any "natural" golden ages since finishing Freedom, so perhaps the Freedom finisher only applies to the natural ones. Can anyoneshed some light on this? It doesn't make much sense.

Persia + Freedom finisher = 16 turns

I'm not sure exactly but in my game I manage to get Chichen Itza + Freedom finisher which results to 20 turns Great Artist golden age (and 25 turns natural golden age).

Persia + Freedom finisher = 16 turns

I'm not sure exactly but in my game I manage to get Chichen Itza + Freedom finisher which results to 20 turns Great Artist golden age (and 25 turns natural golden age).

Exactly, that's the problem. It should be 16 turns, but I'm getting 12. Maybe it's just a weird bug...?

Exactly, that's the problem. It should be 16 turns, but I'm getting 12. Maybe it's just a weird bug...?

Does the game pace (quick vs normal) impact the length of the golden age? If so, are you on quick pace? I have been playing quick for so long I forgot how long stuff takes in standard.

Good to know that freedom finisher increases GA length in addition to great people tile yield now.

Does the game pace (quick vs normal) impact the length of the golden age? If so, are you on quick pace? I have been playing quick for so long I forgot how long stuff takes in standard.

I am doing quick pace, actually. Thing is, Great Artist golden ages were still 12 turns BEFORE I got the Freedom finisher. So...? It still doesn't make sense.

I am doing quick pace, actually. Thing is, Great Artist golden ages were still 12 turns BEFORE I got the Freedom finisher. So...? It still doesn't make sense.

Will the length of GA naturally decrease after each use of GA? For example, the first GA gives 12+50%=18, 2nd GA gives 10+50%= 15, 3rd GA gives 8+50%=12?

Will the length of GA naturally decrease after each use of GA? For example, the first GA gives 12+50%=18, 2nd GA gives 10+50%= 15, 3rd GA gives 8+50%=12?

No. With G&K, GAs are the only great people that can create golden ages, but they no longer decrease with each use.

Does the finisher really affect GA length - given the number of culture games I've played I really should have noticed this...

If the artist generates 8 every time out (I thought the length decreased to 6 turns after you lightbulb the first Artist), you have the Freedom Finisher, that means 12, but you get 12 with Persia as is, so it should be 18 or at least 16 (if the 50% is for the original length of the age without counting the UA of Perisa). So the poster is right, unless he simply didn't finish the policy tree when he thought so.

With Persia/Chitza Itza is should be 16, and with the freedom finisher, 20 turns (if it only adds for the length of the unmodified, standard 8 turn GA) when in fact it should be 24 turns because the 50% should kick in accounting for both the Chitza Itza and the Persian UA. All quick speed. Otherwise the policies as they read in the game do not do what they specify.

If the artist generates 8 every time out (I thought the length decreased to 6 turns after you lightbulb the first Artist), you have the Freedom Finisher, that means 12, but you get 12 with Persia as is, so it should be 18 or at least 16 (if the 50% is for the original length of the age without counting the UA of Perisa). So the poster is right, unless he simply didn't finish the policy tree when he thought so.

With Persia/Chitza Itza is should be 16, and with the freedom finisher, 20 turns (if it only adds for the length of the unmodified, standard 8 turn GA) when in fact it should be 24 turns because the 50% should kick in accounting for both the Chitza Itza and the Persian UA. All quick speed. Otherwise the policies as they read in the game do not do what they specify.

Exactly. I may just email Firaxis about this, because there seems to be no logical explanation.

Anyone else got ideas or experience with Persia in G&K?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't GAs golden ages normally shorter than natural golden ages achieved from happiness? On standard GA golden ages are 6 turns, so as Persia with freedom finisher 12 and natural golden ages are 8 turns so 16 turns is what you should get.

Oh...I knew Artist golden ages were shorter, but I thought they were 8 turns and natural ones were 10. Guess not.
Anyways, thanks for the answers everyone!

Top Bottom