Hiawatha amuses me so much.

Callonia

Deity
Picking up where I left off from yesterday..

The runaway in this game is Iroquois, and they have triple my score and triple as much as land and twice as much military.

Yet, after when I do stuff like this, say, oh, churn out like 20+ rifleman in like what 10 turns. Then from now on, I start taking screenshots of every single response from him because it's too amusing. He's outright hostile yet, afraid at same time, AND I have quite a few screenshots from him today alone. And i chose possibly most amusing response one? Take a gander.

Spoiler :

Plan was to attack iroquois immediately but that got aborted because I detect him building an airforce. And this being my first time playing on king difficulty seriously I abort it to get ww1 planes at least and upgrade my rifleman into great war infantry.

Here's what the front looks like.

Spoiler :

My face was like this, all riflemen upgraded to great war infantry and triplanes in position? PREPARE FOR SACKING OF YOUR CAPITAL HIAWATHA!

BUT NOOOOO! Despite the fact hiawatha is fighting a war against France and Spain and recently signed a peace treaty with austria. Stalemate happens. Well I took over this desert town and pillaged his manufactory so there's that.

Spoiler :

What gives? Why can't prince AI fight that competently? I like the real fight i'm surprisingly getting on king difficulty. Only problem i have is that they tech too quick on king, i can't tech that quickly.

Iroquois lost like 30+ fighters and bombers so far to my triplanes. And i plan to build more triplanes.

Another odd thing, i hold my breath every turn because they have like more than 5 atomic bombers in there cities i'm err stalmating on but they have't used it yet, probably too concerned with france to use them on me yet. And kanawale had like 2 atomic bombers in it. And wha'ts more, i lost 5 artillery in taking it.

What gives? Why can't prince AI fight that competently? I like the real fight i'm surprisingly getting on king difficulty. Only problem i have is that they tech too quick on king, i can't tech that quickly.
The AI doesn't get enough bonuses to make much of a fight on Prince. That's why it's so easy.
Iroquois lost like 30+ fighters and bombers so far to my triplanes. And i plan to build more triplanes.
You might be better advised to build WW1 Bombers, they will do much more damage. Triplanes are good defense against WW1 Bombers, but WW1 Bombers will do far more damage... at that stage, I tend to build mostly WW1 Bombers, with a few (depending on the opposition's air force) Triplanes for defense.
Another odd thing, i hold my breath every turn because they have like more than 5 atomic bombers in there cities i'm err stalmating on but they have't used it yet, probably too concerned with france to use them on me yet. And kanawale had like 2 atomic bombers in it. And wha'ts more, i lost 5 artillery in taking it.
You gave them time to build them, and build up their cities defensively...
Above Prince it's important to go for tech buildings early, or you'll get too far behind... try to get National College as early as is practical, then try to get Oxford University before you go too wide. Remember, Science is always king!
Good luck :)

Sounds like you're playing catchup against a runaway, don't think it has anything to do with AI strategy. No matter how much you micromanage, rocket artillery will eat up GW infantry.

That's a lot of bombers for a Prince game.

Well Quasar, It was either to declare war on hiawatha with rifleman and no triplanes for interception or ww1 infantry and triplanes for interception. And I experienced what its like to fight with just rifleman/artillery against siam and his ww1 bombers, it was ugly but i managed to kill him.

And Actually, triplanes do just fine against ww2 bombers/fighters, they reduce the damage your ww1 infantry takes because the bomber got intercepted. And plus, you're fortified as well... meaning you're really hard to dislodge unless they somehow manage to bring like 50+ bombers into the area then they'll have to shift through the flak of my triplanes first before bombing for full damage xD

And yes, hiawatha is a runaway. I think its the first actual runaway i have faced in gods and kings expansion.

And secondly, it seems like the majority of hiawatha is busy against france my presence alone is reducing the pressure hiawatha was exerting on napoleon lol while spain still alive with some border cities somewhere in unexplored area.

And no, smallfish, this is a king game.

But, one thing i can't get over is, Hiawatha's afraid of me for some reason. You can even see it in the first screenshot! Its the first time i had a runaway be afraid of me and yet, be passive aggressive at same time.

And tech, eh, imho there's nothing i can do about it when i'm watching AI spam like mad and grow their cities too large because of chieftain bonuses = moar science for them compared to me.

My capital's at 30+ pop.

Where if i try to pull same stunt as hiawatha is doing, i'llf ind myself in -100 unhappiness so screw that.
Global happiness is terrible design, you can't compete on level field. So what if someone ICS, its a single player game, why am i gettin shafted here.

Well that's a beautiful wall of GW Infantry there, but I hope to never see the day I post on the civfanatics forums about how Hiawatha amuses me.

The only thing Hiawatha makes me do whenever I hear his name is induce rage.

Blood-boiling rage.

I used to like hiawatha i really really did. After a few games though I realised he's a backstabbing expansionist warmonger. Now when i see him I immediately began my drawing up invasion plans for him.

lol, timed radar and oxford together, but that great scientist spawn wasn't planned at all, i have 4 turns left til i get satellites tech now xD Gonna give me good plan of attack, and hiawatha attacking hawaiians now.

Err, what i see doesn't make me happy, the world is basically split up between iroquois, austria, france and germany aka me. And for some reason everyone on western end of pangaea is really weak xD

Top Bottom