DLL - Various Mod Comps + Civ IV Diplo + CSD mods

The AI spams a lot of diplomats. I had 338 influence and still not allied and I could not get another diplomat to enter the city state territory. I assume there is a limit on how high total influence can go. Portugal was unbelievable and no way to beat. I needed 532 & 534 for two city states and over 230 more influence for four others to over take her. This just seems a little out of whack.

v. 15.6 added an entirely new AI structure for city-state choices, so some balancing and modifications were expected. In general, though, the AI will focus on a few key city-states that benefit their victory strategy (if their strategy is Diplomacy, they want them all, just like players). You can, however, use the World Congress to strip away allied city-states. There are means of fighting against high influence rates like that.
G

Hey whoward, "Diplomacy - Civ IV Features" can't be enabled with DLL 34 civs v41 ;/

EDIT
Oh wait, probably I simply didn't set it properly :p

EDIT
Nope, it simply doesn't work - message with unmet mod dependencies shows for me ;/

EDIT
I tried simply changing dependencies, then launching these two simultaneously was possible, but civ IV diplomatic features didn't work :p

Can someone give me the exact file name and location that we suppose to delete for:

Delete the .dll file from the "Civ IV Diplomacy Features" mod

Sorry I am confused. I see several DLL files.

When you look at the contents of the mod you see a number of sub-directories and three files (modinfo, sql & DLL). Delete the dll file you see there. You need to also delete the xml file in the DLL folder.

Any headway made in integrating Thals' mods with this modpack? I think the subject was brought up a while back.

Please do not bring up compatibility with CEP outside the Communitas subforum. CEP does not use DLL mods so this would be the wrong place to ask about it anyway.

Please do not bring up compatibility with CEP outside the Communitas subforum. CEP does not use DLL mods so this would be the wrong place to ask about it anyway.

This question (of combining Thals mods with whoward's work) was brought up in _this_ forum. I do not think I am speaking out of turn. If I am whoward or Gazebo can correct me, and I will apologize at that point.

This question (of combining Thals mods with whoward's work) was brought up in _this_ forum. I do not think I am speaking out of turn. If I am whoward or Gazebo can correct me, and I will apologize at that point.

We really shouldn't need to integrate them, as they work together very well now that we've got the kinks straightened out. Now, if I can just quit fiddling with numbers and give my .dll to whoward...

Any headway made in integrating Thals' mods with this modpack? I think the subject was brought up a while back.

It was you that brought this up (post #12) as a wish - there has never been a plan (or even any intention on my part) to "integrate" this combination of three DLL's into CEP.

CEP doesn't use a DLL so there's no need to "integrate" the actual DLL. Any integration would be needed for the XML/LUA files in the various mods, and that would be up to the individual mod writers. Such questions would be better asked in the specific mod sub-forums/threads as StackPointer suggests.

updated to dll 41 today now i get this everytime a civ wants to deal
i also can not un-select the capitalization, map etc

i have all correct mods installed both Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 10) and Diplomacy - CivIV Features (v 1)

Thank you for a wonderful mod(s)
I have a question about this error when running the live tuner (observer AI vs AI to see that things are working)

Runtime Error: D:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 10)\UI\InGame\WorldView\TradeLogic.lua:465: attempt to index field 'CancelButton' (a nil value)

Runtime Error: Assets\UI\InGame\Popups\DiploCurrentDeals.lua:183: attempt to index field 'HistoricDealsButton' (a nil value)

Runtime Error: Error loading Assets\UI\InGame\Popups\DiploCurrentDeals.lua.

Yes, as a result the diplomatic Deal History screen remains blank, seems something to investigate.

UPDATE-- this may not even this mod's issue, I see where whoward69 posted message #263 on the Civ IV diplomacy features thread with the same error, both DiploCurrentDeals.lua and TradeLogic.lua totally rewritten from the original, tried to see if anything obviously missing to make a correction matching the original Civ5 file, but changes are so extensive its like trying to fix a flat tire by switching it out with a wooden spoke and rim wheel from an Oregon Trail covered wagon.

------------

Seems to run fine otherwise as far as I can tell.
--
On the mod components I do see in the file customModOptions values there to change (mainly from 0 to 1)

But it seems instead I must also load the corresponding mod from picknmix?

Ie <!-- "See also: Mod Name" refers to mods on www.picknmixmods.com -->

<!-- Any option with a "See also" and a default value of 0 should not be enabled directly in this file but only via a mod -->

so If i wish to use

<Row Value="0" Name="DIPLOMACY_AUTO_DENOUNCE" Class="6"/>

<!-- Changes for the City State Diplomacy mod by Gazebo -->
<!-- See also: "Diplomacy - City States" -->

I go get that auto denounce mod and enable it? (makes for one long list of enabled mods if I use a lot of the features)

I go get that auto denounce mod and enable it? (makes for one long list of enabled mods if I use a lot of the features)

Yes (and yes)

I have a question about this error when running the live tuner (observer AI vs AI to see that things are working)

Runtime Error: D:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 10)\UI\InGame\WorldView\TradeLogic.lua:465: attempt to index field 'CancelButton' (a nil value)

Runtime Error: Assets\UI\InGame\Popups\DiploCurrentDeals.lua:183: attempt to index field 'HistoricDealsButton' (a nil value)

Runtime Error: Error loading Assets\UI\InGame\Popups\DiploCurrentDeals.lua.

Yes, as a result the diplomatic Deal History screen remains blank, seems something to investigate.

UPDATE-- this may not even this mod's issue, I see where whoward69 posted message #263 on the Civ IV diplomacy features thread with the same error, both DiploCurrentDeals.lua and TradeLogic.lua totally rewritten from the original, tried to see if anything obviously missing to make a correction matching the original Civ5 file, but changes are so extensive its like trying to fix a flat tire by switching it out with a wooden spoke and rim wheel from an Oregon Trail covered wagon.

------------

Just call me OregonTrailMan then ;)

File UI/InGame/Popups/DiploCurrentDeals.xml on line 170 is missing the closing >
Code:
<Button Style="TradeItemButton" Anchor="L,C" String="TXT_KEY_DIPLO_TRADE_MAP"
  ID="UsTableTradeMap" /[COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="3"]>[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

File UI/InGame/Popups/DiploCurrentDeals.xml on line 170 is missing the closing >
Code:
  ID="UsTableTradeMap" /[COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="3"]>[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

ID="UsTableTradeMap" />

Thanks! , I'll open the DiploCurrentDeals.xml file and slap it in there!
---

UPDATE --YES that did it, just made the changes, the deal history is showing up just fine!!
-------------

BTW, is there some sort of mod manager file, like an ini or something that I can save and move elsewhere, so if I shut down a bunch of mods (a long list) and want to re-enable, use that file rather than manually re-checking them?

--------------

Additionally to get this dll mod and all parts working, (which may help someone else):

--if a mod cannot be activated because of a "missing dependency," click on the complaining mod in the Civ 5 mod Manager and another screen will appear informing what it is ( I did not know this and thought at first that mod was corrupted or something).

--After the mod is dragged into the Mod folder, run the game and enable it at the check circle in the Civ 5 mod manager screen(obvious, I gather).

--If for some reason the mod does not load or game CTDs while generating a new game, exit to Windows, re-run Civ 5 go back to mod manager, ensure desired mods are checked and try creating a new game again (not so obvious).

--BEFORE loading a saved game, go to Mods and ensure previously selected mods are checked continue (game configures) and load saved game. For some reason I'm discovering if a saved game is loaded without visiting the mod manager first, the mods do not always autoload, game crashes or saved game is absent without them.

--for best results start a new game when editing the mod or adding new mods, otherwise many of the new changes and features will not take effect.

BTW, is there some sort of mod manager file, like an ini or something that I can save and move elsewhere, so if I shut down a bunch of mods (a long list) and want to re-enable, use that file rather than manually re-checking them?

Not as such, but you can take copies of "C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\Civ5ModsDatabase.db" with the various mod combinations you want

Hey Whoward,

Thank you for this mod! I wanted to use these three mods together for a loong time. However, are you planning to update this to CSD v.20?

Top Bottom