Liberating CS's taken by Venice or Austria

They're gone forever.

That blows.
Yeah, it pretty much does. This means if I am pursuing a CS-dependent strategy, or if there is one or two CS I want to keep in my orbit, I have to keep an eye out for Mary T and Dandy E. Hamstringing either or both will be on my to-do list.

How can you watch or prevent a CS being taken by them?

If venice is sending a great merchant towards the city state?
Declare war and execute that fool.

If austria is in alliance with a city state you want?
Get that alliance switched to you before it' too late!

What if the Venetian or Austrian CS is conquered by another civ and I liberate it then? Will it be liberated as a CS or returned to Venice/Austria?

Returned to Venice/Austria. Once a CS is diplo-married by Austria or MOV-bought by Venice, it ceases to be a CS for all purposes -- it just becomes like any other city founded or captured by Austria/Venice. In fact it can be razed, which is not the case for CSs that have been captured by other civs.

What if Venice/Austria seized the city rather than using their special abilities? I assume it can be liberated in that case, or can it?

What if Venice/Austria seized the city rather than using their special abilities? I assume it can be liberated in that case, or can it?

Conquest of city states through military oppression even by Austrian/ Venetian troops can be liberated by you or anyone else including Venice/Austria.

Just if they're gained through marriage or Great Merchant purchase = gone forever.

Top Bottom