Revive conquered civ?

reaperrar

Chieftain
So I've conquered a civilization (capturing all their cities and razing a couple) and now, much later in the game I'm looking to revive them.

There does not appear to be an option to simply give them their city back.

If I gift the city (I've tried with a normal city & their capital) to a different civ, they do not liberate it. I've then tried re-conquering the city, but I'm not given the option to liberate it to the original owner.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to revive them? I'm even willing to try and work outside the normal game rules if that is what it takes (E.G editing save files ETC).

More info: I've won a diplomatic and domination victory already... I'm kind of just screwing around but I really want all my nemesis' back.

So I've conquered a civilization (capturing all their cities and razing a couple) and now, much later in the game I'm looking to revive them.

There does not appear to be an option to simply give them their city back.

If I gift the city (I've tried with a normal city & their capital) to a different civ, they do not liberate it. I've then tried re-conquering the city, but I'm not given the option to liberate it to the original owner.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to revive them? I'm even willing to try and work outside the normal game rules if that is what it takes (E.G editing save files ETC).

More info: I've won a diplomatic and domination victory already... I'm kind of just screwing around but I really want all my nemesis' back.
Hi,
I don't think you can liberate them if you were the one destroying them :D
I'm even wondering whether you can liberate them if you were at war with them at the time they disappeared ...

Top Bottom