Broken Star PBEM

WELCOME TO THE BROKEN STAR PBEM!

Russia is in chaos. The President has fled the country. With a military district at your command and a deep purse to fund your war, you must create a new order. Raise an empire or buy yourself an army. Just know that your foes won't be going down with out a fight. - Broken Star Description

For this PBEM we will use the Broken Star MOD, that shipped with the "Beyond the Sword" expansion to the game. This MOD is a scenario only game, in this scenario Russia has collapsed and most of the country is in the hands of the rebels. Each player starts out with one city, which is the core of their Military District. The rebels are non-playable and are always at war with you. There is also the Coalition force which is in Russia for the sole purpose of protecting the nuclear weapon. This game has a unique victory called "Arsenal Victory", which you win by holding four armed nukes. (See Below)

This is an intense MOD that is nearly impossible to win in singleplayer, I think however with all of the military districts played by humans, this should be both possible and fun to play as well.

SETTINGS:

Difficulty: Noble
Normal Speed
No City Razing
Aggressive AI

The last two options are on by default in this MOD.
(I'm open to suggestions for other settings.)

VICTORY CONDITIONS:

Time
Conquest
Domination
Arsenal (Unique to this MOD)

PLAYERS:

1. North Caucasus Military District - Tigranes
2. Moscow Military District - methinkso - Imp. Knoedel
3. Northern Military District - Norwood
4. Volga Military District - ruff_hi Player Eliminated
5. Urals Military District - Michkov
6. Siberian Military District - Alvarez - psza
7. Trans-Baikali Milltary District - Phylhom
8. Far East Military District - Hercules90

HOUSE RULES:

*UPDATED*
1.) You must infiltrate a Military District with a Great Spy before you may utilize the change civics mechanic for that District.
2.) No replaying turns, or using other exploits.

(I'm also open to house rule suggestions.)

A WORD ABOUT STRATEGY:

In this game the Rebels start out with most of Russia, it is important to take them down early.
After about turn 14, the rebels will receive free random units to attack you.
Nukes in this MOD are very powerful, and will wipe any city they hit entirely off the map.
If you succeed in capturing a nuke, the coalition force will attack you, otherwise they will remain neutral.
There are only 8 nukes in this game, you cannot build nukes at all.
I highly recommend trying this MOD out for yourself.

THE GAME HAS STARTED!

Last edited:
I like this mod. North Caucasus Military District for this Caucasian man please :cool:

Just play fair -- sounds great, but no house rules do not make it fair. Because one has to define what fair is, when people have different opinions. Like changing civics with espionage.

By "fair" I meant the normal, unspoken rules of PBEM. (I.E. Not re-playing turns, etc.) If you have any suggestions for house rules, by all means I would be glad to consider them. I just couldn't come up with any at the time.

Are you in favor of banning changing civics?

I'll add you to the list. :)

I'd like to join. Need to take a look regarding my civ choice. I'll come back to you about that.

By "fair" I meant the normal, unspoken rules of PBEM. (I.E. Not re-playing turns, etc.) If you have any suggestions for house rules, by all means I would be glad to consider them. I just couldn't come up with any at the time.

Are you in favor of banning changing civics?

I'll add you to the list. :)

Thanks!

In all the games I am hosting I always make some rule to make civic changes less exploitable -- say, one has to infiltrate with a Great Spy before actually change it for the target fraction.

I dont know if you know about the PBEM tracker site. If not take a look here.

I suggest you put the game up on the tracker. It much easier to keep track of who's turn it is that way. Also it handles the emailing of the saves after you upload the file.

Welcome to the game which is 10 years old, which fan base is dwindling, and , in particular, PBEM players getting less and less active :(. There are so many good games that got stack.

I found out that directly contacting players from "looking" thread speeds up the process.

Welcome to the game which is 10 years old, which fan base is dwindling, and , in particular, PBEM players getting less and less active :(. There are so many good games that got stack.

That's just plain sad.

I may risk my life here, but I do honestly think Civ4 BtS is the best Civ "version" that was ever made. And yes, I am considering then from 1-5 (even though I should play more the completely DLC-fueled Civ 5 before saying this kind of thing out loud) :scared:

It's just a shame to see it fading like this. I intend to write a lot about it on my PhD. And no, I'm not kidding.

All right, "off topic" mode off. Sorry.

That's just plain sad.

I may risk my life here, but I do honestly think Civ4 BtS is the best Civ "version" that was ever made. And yes, I am considering then from 1-5 (even though I should play more the completely DLC-fueled Civ 5 before saying this kind of thing out loud) :scared:

It's just a shame to see it fading like this. I intend to write a lot about it on my PhD. And no, I'm not kidding.

All right, "off topic" mode off. Sorry.
I totally agree with you, BtS is the best there is, for Civilization hands down. I have Civ 5 with most of the DLC, (Missing Korea and a couple of mappacks.) and it no where compares to the fun of BtS. Not to mention the mods, but don't get me started... :p

Hey, I'll join this game as Moscow Military District. Never played this mod before, seems like it could be fun.

Thanks to Tigranes for sending me this way. ;)

We can leave some districts as AI. During the summer things are especially slow. I could not start game with 3(!) people with excellent WW2 Pacific scenario :( And we already have 5!

The best mod for me is Pie Ancient Rome. Check it out
Yeah, I have that mod, it is a lot of fun, I need to get back into it. My favorite mod is probably RFC: Dawn of Civilization.

Alright, I'll give it one more day, then we can go ahead and start. I'll set the game up Friday morning, thus if you want to play you will have to post here or send me a PM before then.

Top Bottom