SGOTM 14 - Kakumeika

we trust you to make these decisions, so I hope you didn't wait for a response, but yes the blue path is fine.

If you want feedback on little issues like this perhaps you would be willing to chat with us on gmail chat? It would be much faster and easier than refreshing this page.

That is okay now. I think the blank answer means "try to think by yourself, "kid"!".
Thanks for the answer.

What kind of philosophy will Einstein bring to us?

We can bulb it, now.
I bet it will be GPFarm. :)

The winner is Stone City. Nice for producing in mass missionaries. I feel like a lucky person, unless you really wanted it GPFarm.
It is really tempting to use the free missionary for Washington...

Witches of the North are willing to trade away Calender. They still don't have CoL and worst enemy. The trade is CoL for Calender, a really fair trade.

I am convinced to trade is the right choice...:p

Attachments

• Albert Einstein.jpg
    Albert Einstein.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 44
  • T110.jpg
    T110.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 32
Hey Kai,
vote for spreading Taoism in Washington. ;)

Also, we have to modify your plans for Pebbekamen (GSpy).
It turns out all civs are isolated in their peninsula.

Going for mountainous ranges? Then into fake Genghis lands (he is not landlocked, MM has some skirmisher in his lands).

Hmm...something bothers me.
My hand can't control itself, it wants to commit the trade with fake Genghis...but my head knows I may get away with monotheism along later with some gold...

Unfortunately, my hand won.
Anyways, fair amount of diplo points is good too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Oh bcool, you are awake! I thought at this hour, you were sleeping.

Anyways, yes, I committed a trade with fake Genghis (CoL for Calendar) and I got a +1 of fair trade. Only bad but probabilistic kickback, they may beg for Philo. But do we care? We will kill them. And they don't have stone, so no Chicken Pizza.

if it is stone city then the missionary is for Trojan Horse! What is the argument for washington?

We can whip out missionaries out of stone city and spread to washington at our leisure.

The religion in Trojan Horse is going to give us espionage bonuses (if we want to switch to a religion). The 40% bonus is probably worth another turn of anarchy soon.

Wait to spread it anywhere since we might get lucky auto spread (at least to cities without religion). we can wait at least until the turn after the spy gets 50% stationary bonus.

Also, we have to modify your plans for Pebbekamen (GSpy).
It turns out all civs are isolated in their peninsula.

Going for mountainous ranges? Then into fake Genghis lands (he is not landlocked, MM has some skirmisher in his lands).

sounds good.

if it is stone city then the missionary is for Trojan Horse! What is the argument for washington?

We can whip out missionaries out of stone city and spread to washington at our leisure.

The religion in Trojan Horse is going to give us espionage bonuses (if we want to switch to a religion). The 40% bonus is probably worth another turn of anarchy soon.

Calm down. I didn't commit anything yet in that regard. True we are not switching into pacifism yet (I suppose), so the value for that religious spread is weaker.

The only argument is GEngineer, but I thought of it after and I didn't see any immediate need. Interesting how I did influence others opinion...:o

Did the western witches bulb currency?

No, fake Gandhi settled its GMerchant in Bangalore, a northern city with gems. :)
Perhaps, he did it in this way for helping the city growth as only grass cows remain the only food source.

As stated earlier, I vote Washington. We need to get rid of that GEngineer to start mass GScientist birth.

okay found the argument, and as you say above the argument is weak because we are not switching to pacifism. I'm assuming we are switching to organized religion and slavery so that we can spread the religion quickly and amass an army and/or whip important buildings like a forge in washington.

I apologize for my energetic response. But one of the major reasons to gun for philosophy was to get the espionage bonuses, so I was assuming the spread to trojan horse was the plan all along.

okay found the argument, and as you say above the argument is weak because we are not switching to pacifism. I'm assuming we are switching to organized religion and slavery so that we can spread the religion quickly and amass an army and/or whip important buildings like a forge in washington.

Talking about forge in Washington...we may go right now into Trojan Horse and wait the 5 turns. Meanwhile, the missionary will spread the religion after 5 turns. Then, we steal MC.
Is that okay. You said, no stacking of spies, so I guess it works according what you said.

Attachments

• Spy missions.jpg
    Spy missions.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 34
There isn't a spy in trojan horse already? If not James Bond goes in right asap, please.

I am sure someone has said something wait before entering cultural border to minimize detection. :(
I may be two turns off. :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is why I wanted to trade calendar too (I mean monotheism).
I wanted construction, but too costly I suppose. I didn't commit yet.

Attachments

• Trade.jpg
    Trade.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 53
I thought we were going to be able to trade code of laws for construction and monotheism from the northern witches. This isn't possible any more?

I thought we were going to be able to trade code of laws for construction and monotheism from the northern witches. This isn't possible any more?

IIRC, they didn't wanted both at once. But we still can broke calendar to the East Witches. It was some sort of back up plan...did I make a blunder?

It is surprising how much more details my PPP were missing. :(:(

Washington is not a good candidate for spreading Taoism because it has to build a forge for an engineer pretty soon, and we don't want to whip it because that hurts cottage growth. We definitely do not want to whip forge, then monastery, then missionaries. We don't really want to slow-build missionaries either, because working mines detracts from working cottages.

So I think Stone City is the place to be building missionaries. I'm not convinced we'd be in Organized Religion long enough to show a profit - we only show a profit in cities that already have Taoism that are building buildings, and only in those cities can we build Tao missionaries with or without needing a Tao monastery.

We do want Taoism in Washington, but not before we are running the religion plus Pacifism. Likewise GPfarm.

We do want Taoism in Trojan Horse for espionage, but I'm not sure that we get the espionage bonus without us running a state religion. I think the 15% bonus is for having our state religion in the target city. Is the 25% bonus for having the holy city of a religion present in the target city, or for having the holy city of our state religion present in the target city?

So there may be no rush at all to have it anywhere, until we are ready to adopt Taoism... if anywhere, Trojan Horse looks like the place that does have priority

Monte's culture is on a spoke south of Gandhi and Mansa seems to have hemmed Monte in. Interesting. That's going to provoke a war sooner or later.

Gandhi is building Statue of Zeus.

Top Bottom