Is the game too easy?

• Yes

Votes: 35 44.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a casual civ experience.

It will probably be easier than the PC version with less room for micro-management exploits.

There's something to be said about a civ game that can be finished in one sitting that still retains essentially the full scope of the PC versions.

This is a casual civ experience.

It will probably be easier than the PC version with less room for micro-management exploits.

There's something to be said about a civ game that can be finished in one sitting that still retains essentially the full scope of the PC versions.

I think you confuse easy with simple or “uncomplex”. The game is definitely simple compared to Civ4. But that should only make it easier to create a competent AI; it should be easier to create a good AI for a simple game than a good AI for a more complex one. The fact that there's less micromanagement and thus less possibilities for exploits should also make it easier for the AI.

I think that without a doubt the game is too easy, even on deity. I suspect that the developer didn't focus as much on the AI in CivRev compared to the previous games because a better AI wouldn't add as much value in this game for the target audience.

When I first got it I clicked play now not realizing I didnt get to pick my difficulty, I crushed it. So then I made it King thinking oh the AI will be like a human it should be challenging, but I crushed that too, So I up it to deity thinking perhaps I'll get a compatant AI rather than just one that demands stuff and goes to war all day, nope the AI is still weak slow and unable keep up. It's not that its simple its just the AI is horribly weak.

"Too easy" for players of previous Civilization games, or "too easy" for people on the console platform that may have never played any turn-based strategy game, let alone a Civ game?

I think it's just about right for the audience it's aimed at.

I guess is too easy for a veteran civilization players, but to be honest in Deity I'm been having a lot of fun.

"Too easy" for players of previous Civilization games, or "too easy" for people on the console platform that may have never played any turn-based strategy game, let alone a Civ game?

I think it's just about right for the audience it's aimed at.

Hi. I'm the target audience. Complete noob to the CIV franchise and these types of games in general (only played the CIVREV demo). I definitely find it a challenge in the upper difficulty levels (on deity I can barely make out of the medieval period, and if I do I'm so far behind I can't catch up. :blush:).

This forum has been very helpful in getting strategy. So thanks to all you hardcore civers out there. I'm very glad I joined this site. :goodjob:

I would say its a little too easy yes. I've played several games on all difficulties now and i have yet to lose a game.
In civ4 'prince' could be a challenge.

Not to brag, but man... I'm finding multiplayer way too easy. I swear I haven't played a single challenging game yet. Nobody else ever builds enough units and I just roll over them. The few times I played Civ IV online, people were much smarter about building their armies up. I guess it'll probably take the console players a little while to figure out they need to pay more attention to their military.

I consider myself a veteran civ player but I have never been that good at the highest level in the PC version. I played two games so far, one at King and one at Deity. Easy technological win at king and a really good Domination at Deity (This game was great).

Since I won at my first attempt at Deity ... here's my verdict : I love the game but I think we need a SID Level !!

I'm going to try Deity for the first time tonight, because I really haven't had any trouble beating the snot out of the AI yet. That's also why I want to try MP, because people can surprise you with things that the AI could never do, but the consensus seems to be that MP is almost too much of a pain to enjoy.

I must really suck at this game, because I'm still having trouble on "King" I can just barely make a technological victory.

well I really think there should be a difficulty or two that are higher than Diety. There needs to be a difficulty where no matter how good you are, you have to be playing well to win. I dont want to get to the point where I can just get a groove and zoom through the game. I want to think each turn.

I feel you sigmakan. The beggining of the game can be challenging, but after you get a foothold you no longer need to think and just roll right through the AI.

Must be. I just figured out how to play, so haven't tried higher difficulties, but a lot of people seem to win regularly on deity and that's not right. Even good Civ4 players (not me!) don't always beat deity. Especially the week it came out. I could see people getting bored with this one, unlike the others.

I didn't finish my game on Deity, but only becaise I had to get some sleep. I didn't really notice any difference, though. I got a good jump and managed to totally landlock Washington and I built cities just about anywhere they'd want to expand, but then the AI did the one thing that drives me absolutely insane: they built a city within a tile of one of mine. Its one of those things no one with any common sense would do, so I'm probably going to have to start playing multiplayer games if I want anything aside from that kind of linear thinking.

On civ4, I was a noble/prince player (guaranteed victory on noble pretty much, prince was a good challenge tho for me).

On civ rev, even though I've only had the game a few days, even deity seems too easy.

I'm already getting kinda bored of it tbh.

Top Bottom