Hulfgar's Modpack

Hello Kitsune :)

Hulf you are dedicated to the Mod, amazing how you handle everyone's comments, you must be living on the forums!! Where do you find time to Mod and make a living in the real world?

I have a real life, with a real family and a real job. But I don't watch TV (find it boring), this spare a lot of time to play with the computer :)

But this WE I am quite busy at home so I will not have a lot of time to mod until next week :)

I can't stop thinking of swordsmen and pikemen rowing their quick assembled boats in the middle of the night crossing the Atlantic ocean, while their navy's well trained war ships unable to enter the ocean observe them from behind while any archer stationed on any passed by island sends them directly to the bottom of the ocean.
:lol:

By the way, who else hates the embarkation concept of units?
Me too, I have plan to work on it since Redox has released his embarkation mod.
It may be in next version.

Be cool if you took out barbarian locations and Maps from goody huts.
There is already a lot of units upgrades that I took out from goody huts
(mostly all guns upgrades) because I find it disturbing that when you are ahead of the arms race you suddenly find some rifles from nowhere. Do you think I should put them back ?

Thanks for the feedbacks all, it makes more fun to mod when people are participating :)

Hi, may I know why YNAEMP is not compatible with this mod as I really enjoy playing maps where you start in historically correction locations. :D
Sorry if this has been answered before.

Only recently have i tried this mod - because i have a hard time playing "Thadian's Mod" or whatever. Besides the need or perhaps just my desire for a title, this mod is pretty damn good.

I like everything about it, and it feels good to play. Normally i use this mod in conjunction with Palace Additions, Unlimited Barbarian exp, Info Addict, Initial Settlers Running Shoes, and it works fantastic. I like the resource conversion buildings but i noticed some of them can only be built and not bought.

also some wonders like central park and a few others - can be built or bought. In strategic view, some unit icons are invisible for the marine and scout upgrades. I play almost 100% in strat view and its annoying to switch over every several turns to unit-check.

The icons for some of the new resources are the same as currently existing ones. would add a little bit of nice flavor to have a different icon for each.

All in all, i give this mod 5 of 5 stars - only a few civ 5 mods actually feel like a mod and this is certainly one of them. Overall my favorite aspect of this mod is the manipulation of resources - even if i get screwed on resources, i can get them through buildings.

Dude, fantastics job! This mod is great, i played lots of modpacks and this one is by far the best!

3 small feeedbacks:

My capital city had like all wonders and buildings possible possible by the time i got and oil resource on my lands, when i built the oil well, i could not build that building to convert oil to kerosene and diesel (forgot the name in english), the same happened when i got alluminiun, i could not build air bases and onther air relationed buildings in my capital, but i could build on other cityes. That felt weird, is there a building limit?

The maintenence of special forces is about 30 coins. Is it supposed to be like this? I mean, i had a nice army, about 10 units, and a good gold/turn value, everything seemed to be balanced. But when i built some special forces, the balance was gone.

About the ''battle issues'' i think you have not worked yet. Let me see how i can explain... I the kind of player who gives everything to advance scientifically in the beggining, then i attack with few but powerfull units, the issue here is that i see my tanks with 65 strenght beeing killed by 10 pikemen, once they will always hit at least 1. Maybe an increse to 20 hp in units could solve this.

now, 3 small suggestions: a city defend strenght upgrade for units, a medic unit, and a sniper unit, with nice range but weak on defense, negative bonus vs tanks, ships and aircrafts :)

Hi all, sorry to answer so late, I was quite busy the last 2 days!

Roy88
may I know why YNAEMP is not compatible with this mod as I really enjoy playing maps where you start in historically correction locations.

It may come from the resources that are added in my mod. A player reported that the resources were displayed on the map.
I still have to look for a solution but that will probably require Gedemon's help if he can spare some time for this.

Thadian
I like the resource conversion buildings but i noticed some of them can only be built and not bought.
I will look into this, if you have the name of the buildings I could use them :)

In strategic view, some unit icons are invisible for the marine and scout upgrades.The icons for some of the new resources are the same as currently existing ones.
I will check it as well.
For the resources if you mean the icons in the top panel those cannot be modified or added. We can add new resources but we have very limited modding options.

All in all, i give this mod 5 of 5 stars

even if i get screwed on resources, I can get them through buildings
This is exactly why I did this mod at first. Because in real life you don't go into war each time you need a resource that a neighbourg doesn't want to trade!

Gusss

My capital city had like all wonders and buildings possible possible by the time i got and oil resource on my lands, when i built the oil well, i could not build that building to convert oil to kerosene and diesel (forgot the name in english), the same happened when i got alluminiun, i could not build air bases and onther air relationed buildings in my capital, but i could build on other cityes. That felt weird, is there a building limit?
You need a flatland to build those buildings. Perhaps your capital is on a hill ?
This restriction will be removed in ver 9.3.

The maintenence of special forces is about 30 coins. Is it supposed to be like this?
Which version do you play ?
In ver 9.2 I have reduced the extra maintenance cost of "special" units to 2 (was 3 in version 9).
"Special" units are Nuclear Sub, Atomic Bomb, Nuclear Missile, Stealth Bomber, Mech, Battleships, Nuclear Carrier and Special Forces. Valuable units supposed to be expensive, but if the cost is too high I will reduce it.

the issue here is that i see my tanks with 65 strenght beeing killed by 10 pikemen, once they will always hit at least 1. Maybe an increse to 20 hp in units could solve this.
Yes I will look into this, either a hp boost or with a promotion. The best would be to make the tanks immun vs all non gun attacks.

city defend strenght upgrade for units
planned (it's in the mod "Legion" and I am using it to make a version of my mod allowing 2 units per tile.

a medic unit
I will include it in the same version as the city defend strength upgrade.

a sniper unit
I will give it a try.
The only thing that disturb me with the sniper is the "scale" of the units : if you assume that an infantry unit is of regiment size then the sniper cannot really harm this unit. But : I could include his ability it in the special forces unit, because a small group of spec forces can do a lot of damage to larger but less trained units!

Folks, I need some help here- probably very basic for the more experienced posters. I haven't used a Mod on Civ V before but thought I'd give Hulgars a whirl.

However, I can't seem to get it to "take".

I cleared the Civ cache and downloaded the Mod pack. I opened the download and it asked for a program to use to open the download with- I selected Civ V.

However, when I start Civ V there is nothing different. I have gone into Mods and it isn't listed. If I start a single player game it starts a normal vanilla game (there is no change to the available tech tree).

Can anyone suggest a step I have missed- or a remedy?

Cheers

Hi all, sorry to answer so late, I was quite busy the last 2 days!

Roy88

It may come from the resources that are added in my mod. A player reported that the resources were displayed on the map.
I still have to look for a solution but that will probably require Gedemon's help if he can spare some time for this.

Ok, thanks.
I'm really hooked to your mod :D

Hello Cicerosaurus,

try to use 7zip :

- put the civ5mod file in your civ5 mod's folder (...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS, on my PC it may change in yours).

- open 7zip, right click the file Hulfgars Modpack9.2 (NO DLC) (v 9).civ5mod and select the option to unpack or unzip in "Hulfgars Modpack9.2 (NO DLC) (v 9)\"

When it's done start Civ5, the mod should be listed.

please tell me if it works.

Well, thanks that seemed to do the trick. It sounds pretty dopey but once I saw it listed I was still not aware what was required so I extracted the files and then worked out that I needed to tick the check box.

For we folk new to these Mods, would it be possible to link to these simple instructions? To me it wan't intuitive to put the download into that folder. I appreciate most of the people here would be aware of the requirement.

Again, thanks for your help and the time you have invested in this.

( ihave to pick up my wife from the airport tonight. When I don't turn up on time due to crushing some evil Aztecs I am certain she will understand. Not!)

Glad it works Cicerosaurus !
I have updated the instruction for a manual installation :)

When I don't turn up on time due to crushing some evil Aztecs I am certain she will understand
I am not sure that she will, but I take no responsability in this ! :)

Heavens- I looked at the flight status and it had been delayed so I merrily crushed another Aztec invasion, looked again and it had come forward. Off to the airport before I get shot!

Hulfgar, you have done too good a job :)

Hello everybody !

Version 9.3 is released. I have implemented a lot of feature/change, that were asked (see the versions notes in the 1. post).

The skins of the dreadnoughts and cruisers would not have been accurate for armored or protected cruisers, so I have just removed the ocean impassable limitation for the ironclad.

I have given a strong bonus to tanks vs melee, early siege, early gun and mounted units. Combined with the armor penalty of those units this will perhaps avoid the loss of HPs for tanks when fighting out of date units.

The Embarkation mod and the 2 units per tile mod have been implemented in a separate mod that require the main mod to work.
I made it as a separate mod for testing purpose and to allow users to choose to use this feature or not.

What's planned now :
- the medic unit
- find a solution for the marine and explorer in the strategic view
- find if a compatibility with YNAEMP is possible
- add Hemp as a resource
- sniper promotion for the special forces

but first : play a whole game :)

As always your feedback is welcome !

Something fishy going on there.. when i save my game and then load it, game crashes.
9.2 works fine.

With ver 9.3 JujZe ? I will try it when I am back from work.

By the way the Embarkation part is bug, don't use it :
I have to change the code to allow scouts and civilians to board the ships ! :)

The crash on loading happens for me, too. I can start a game and play without any problems, but resuming a saved game is not possible. I am using 9.3 without any DLC and without the embarkation mod. Hope you can fix that bug, as I just came across your mod and already enjoyed it a lot. :)

Ok I have a similar problem : just wanted to load the game from yesterday but I can't : the game says that not all required mods are installed even if they are!

I will work on this and keep you informed, this is the first time that I have such a bug so if somebody has seen something similar with another mod and has a solution I am ready to hear it ! :)

Hulfgar,is it possible for you to make 2 versions in the future?
One with the small scaled units and one with the normal scaled units?

Sure Dadaloglu.

Just to be sure : you want 1 version with the vanilla scales and 1 as it is right now ?

I will do it as soon as I fixed the problem with the saved games.
But I don't know when it will be (because I don't have the smallest idea of what break the saved games), in the worst case I will have to redo the mod from ver 9.2.
In the hope that the bug is in version 9.3 and not a bug from Modbuddy !

Top Bottom