Advanced Cargo Mod(BTS 3.19)

stolenrays

Deity
Advanced Cargo Mod v1.1 (BTS 3.19)

This mod was created by isolating the source code of Advanced Cargo from Thomas SG's CCV. I just ported it as a standalone. It was modded on top of BBTSAI so that is also included.

--------Details--------
(From CCV) Units can have several separated cargo rooms that can be exactly defined. So it is for example possible to use a cargo room just for guided missiles or rockets. But of course it is also possible to make a cargo room carry guided missiles and rockets! So this new concept is important for all modern ship types. But this new concept is also very important to make a difference between older and modern carrier types. While older carriers can only carry fighters and helicopters, but no jet fighters or supersonic fighters. modern super carriers can instead carry all aircrafts except heavy bombers.

-----XML Additions:----
CIV4IUnitInfos.xml
<SpecialCargo> - This has been modified to allow several specialunit classes to be carried. Add a comma and no spaces between unitclasses.
<iSpecialCargoSpace> -Modified as above. Just put the numbers here that will correspond sequentially to the above tag entry.
<iTotalCargo> - This is iSpecialCargoSpace + iCargo to give a totalcargo space on the unit.

Example Entry in UnitInfos.xml:
Spoiler :
<SpecialCargo>SPECIALUNIT_FIGHTER,SPECIALUNIT_BOMBER</SpecialCargo>
<iSpecialCargoSpace>3,1</iSpecialCargoSpace>
<DomainCargo>DOMAIN_AIR</DomainCargo>
<iCargo>1</iCargo>
<iTotalCargo>5</iTotalCargo>

------For Modmakers-------
SDK Changes are commented as Advanced Cargo

--------Version 1.1--------
-Added a Custom GameOption
-Fixed some SDK misalignment errors
-Added Concept Info/Text
-Added Readme & Changelog Texts
-Removed BBAI integration

--------Version 1.0--------
-Standalone Ported from CCV

Original CCV Thread

DOWNLOAD

Attachments

• advanced_20cargo_1nS.jpg
    advanced_20cargo_1nS.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 637
:clap::clap::clap::clap::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: :bowdown: :bowdown::worship::worship::ar15::ar15:
...YESSSSS!!!!!

JUST what i was looking for... exactly exactly... you're my hero stolenrays

This is really excellent and well done... thanks again

very cool - but is there a possibility to get the code lines for "Advanced Cargo" only ?
Iam using DCM319v22 already with better AI - so have no Idea how to merge this :confused:

Does BBAI allow AIs to use land-unit-carry-land-unit effectively?

That would be awesome. Sounds like a real challenge though.

Hi stolenrays,

I have a recommended improvement. Instead of using comma separators, why not make the XML do the job in the traditional way?

Example:

Code:
<SpecialCargoUnits>
	<SpecialUnit>
		<SpecialUnitType>SPECIALUNIT_MISSILE</SpecialUnitType>
		<iSpecialCargoSpace>3</iSpecialCargoSpace>
	</SpecialUnit>
	<SpecialUnit>
		<SpecialUnitType>SPECIALUNIT_MISSIONARY</SpecialUnitType>
		<iSpecialCargoSpace>1</iSpecialCargoSpace>
	</SpecialUnit>
	<SpecialUnit>
		<SpecialUnitType>SPECIALUNIT_INQUISITOR</SpecialUnitType>
	</SpecialUnit>
	<SpecialUnit>
		<SpecialUnitType>SPECIALUNIT_SPY</SpecialUnitType>
	</SpecialUnit>
	<SpecialUnit>
		<SpecialUnitType>SPECIALUNIT_RECON</SpecialUnitType>
	</SpecialUnit>
</SpecialCargoUnits>

This recommendation might take some work to perfect, but I think the result would change this from a good mod to a great mod that everyone must have.

Great stuff!

I agree with OrionVeteran on the XML.

Also, is it possible to have multiple cargo domains? Like air ship carrying land and airu nits or a huge carrier that carrying jet fighters and marines?

Its a devastating loss to the Civ4 community, when one of our best programmers decides not to mod any more. :sad: Know that your mods have made a big difference for many people around the world. Your work will be missed by everyone.

Sincerely,

Orion Veteran

P.S. Meanwhile, I keep taking OGI to the next level with each release.

I really appreciate the praise. I wish I could still be in modding, but unfortunatly I have other demands now. There are so many good mods/scenerios still wanted to make. You never know though, I may come back and do more in depthy modding again someday.

Do know that I have stored the mods on my PC in case they ever get lost in cyberspace. I have a couple of partially finished mod updates and some unreleased buildings (such as without shadows or scaled yet) that I never got to finish.

Top Bottom