Mod Component Requests Thread

A couple of things that I miss from Civ3 and would like to see as a mod are:

1. The ability to turn a worker into a radar tower or an airport/airfield for forward operations in a war
2. The ability to destroy the infrastructure of the enemy (roads, city improvements) with airpower and ships.

no globe, just a blank screen that says: "no fractions have achieved orbital spaceflight"

I'm looking for 2 simple (at least, I think they'd be simple) mods. If they don't exist, I guess I'll try to create them.

But I'd hate to do the work if it's already been done.

1) Turn off the periodic message about "so-so's list of Most Cultured Civs" and what not. (Edit: Ignore this one. I figured out how to do it already).
2) Randomize the number of civs associated with each size of world. Nothing really extreme, just something that will allow Tiny worlds to have 2-4 civs, rather than always having 3.

Basically, I'm looking to randomize as many things as possible at the game's start, and to prevent ways of knowing what the values are without discovering them in game (thus the request for #1).

I am not sure if this is where I need to do this, but would some one have or be willing to make an outline map of western europe (England France, and Spain) Africa, and Eastern north america, and South america on about 124x124 scale?

I'd like to see a "Favorite Religion" for each Leader... like the way Favorite Civics currently are.

I'd also like to see each Leader have multipule favorite civics. For example: Theocracy AND Police State.

LittleRedPoint said:
Improvements what are limited with build range. Similar to cities. Can build if you don't have similar improvement nearby for example 2 or 4 tiles?

I made something like this in my Trade Routes MOD. For example, Airbase improvement cannot be built next to another Airbase. They must be at least one square apart in all eight directions. Of course this counts workers that are working on another airbase, so you can't have two workers next to each other building airbases.

If anyone is interested, PM and i'll turn it into a mod component.

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of requests that I hope others would find valuable. If these already exist, please point me in the right direction - I tried the forum search but to no use.

1) Auto-Recon

Much like the auto-bombard of CivIII I'd like the ability to set a recon unit (e.g., jet fighter) to automatically Recon every turn. As I'm sure everyone would agree, it can be quite tedious to do this yourself every turn, especially as your empire grows.

2) Selective Unit Watching

Currently, you can select Show Friendly Moves to be on or off. It can be quite tedious to watch all friendly moves (especially if you have a holy shrine) every turn. However, there are many potential enemies that may attack at any time, and having a turn or two of notice (e.g., a large stack of units just happens to be moving towards your border town) can make a huge difference in defending your lands.

Having the ability to select which rival(s) to watch would be wonderful. Or, perhaps, being able to selectively watch just those units that are within sight and within x squares of your cultural borders (or units).

Thanks for your time.

- Niilo

Something else - I'm not sure if there is a better place to ask this. Has anyone addressed the non-river attack diagonally across the mouth of a river? Here are some snap-shots of what I mean:

The above image shows the proper penalty for crossing the river. The next picture shows how that does not occur when moving diagonally across the mouth of the river.

- Niilo

Has anyone posted a gamecore mod that effectively disables limits to # of players and/or map size?

I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

Could somebody make a small mod for me that allows missionaries to conduct "destroy religion" mission? Chance of success should depend on religious civic (base chance - 25% with Free Religion/Paganism/Pacifism, 50% with Organised Religion, 75% Theocracy)

I am aware of existance of Inquisitor mod, but I want to keep changes as minimal as possible..

my request: A mod for increased research times in Epic and Marathon games, that is compatable with Sevomod :p

two things:
unit editor (think SMAC)
a way to integrate multiple planets in the game (and maybe have "star gates" connecting them)

Ball Lightning said:
Is there a mod which has more then 18 civs in the same game?
Well, if you have warlords, you can search for the XXL map mod. You don't have to use the larger maps if you don't want to.

It has probably been made already, but I can't find it:

I'm looking for an "Iquisitor" mod. Where each Religion can build an Iquisitor to go and remove a religion from a city. (I would prefer it to be one where they can only be built in the Holy City, but one where they can be built in Cathedrals is fine too).

Donegeal said:
It has probably been made already, but I can't find it:

I'm looking for an "Iquisitor" mod. Where each Religion can build an Iquisitor to go and remove a religion from a city. (I would prefer it to be one where they can only be built in the Holy City, but one where they can be built in Cathedrals is fine too).

Type "Inquisitor" in forum google search ;)

But unfortuantely, It won't work under 1.61 - that's why I'm looking for a similar mod that works under 1.61, or trying to do one ;)

Top Bottom