Brave New World gameplay walkthrough w. Ed Beach posting tomorrow

But if we're seeing the gameplay of the Portugal game, then surely we won't see any new Civs, because the World Congress had already been established...

(sorry :mischief: )

They could always find the remnants of a former civ, like it's capitol being owned by somebody else. :p
And considering the second continent is populated by Shaka I wouldn't be surprised if somebody had the bad luck of being rushed by Impis.

But if we're seeing the gameplay of the Portugal game, then surely we won't see any new Civs, because the World Congress had already been established...

(sorry :mischief: )

That's a very good point. I guess the only way we'll have evidence for a new civ in this footage is if one has already been completely conquered and so only appears as a city name in the territory of one of the other civs (and so would have no representation in the World Congress) - say if Jakarta or Hanoi appeared as a city currently owned by the Zulu, and didn't have the city state symbol anymore...

EDIT: Darn, beaten to it... :lol:

They could always find the remnants of a former civ, like it's capitol being owned by somebody else. :p
And considering the second continent is populated by Shaka I wouldn't be surprised if somebody had the bad luck of being rushed by Impis.

Well, Assyria did conquer Salvador in the scenario, sooooo... :mischief:

But I dunno - there were six civilizations in that game (alive) - the player is Maria I (Portugal), and they also had Ashurbanipal (Assyria), Casimir (Poland), Pedro II (Brazil), Shaka (The Zulus) and Napoleon (France).
I have no idea what's the usual number of civilizations - heck, I don't even know what map size is that! :lol:

But I doubt it matters much, since these things are set up - so there's no telling what could happen. I'm still not making any bets, though... :lol:

Well, Assyria did conquer Salvador in the scenario, sooooo... :mischief:

But I dunno - there were six civilizations in that game (alive) - the player is Maria I (Portugal), and they also had Ashurbanipal (Assyria), Casimir (Poland), Pedro II (Brazil), Shaka (The Zulus) and Napoleon (France).
I have no idea what's the usual number of civilizations - heck, I don't even know what map size is that! :lol:

But I doubt it matters much, since these things are set up - so there's no telling what could happen. I'm still not making any bets, though... :lol:

Standard maps have 8 players on them IIRC, don't know about small maps. If there were six civs in that game and it was a standard map it could mean that two civs had been destroyed prior to the moment the screenshot were taken. Which could explain why an interview mentioned a fight between a Moroccan Spearman and a French Warrior, i.e. Morocco was in the game but was destroyed by France at some point.:think:

Standard maps have 8 players on them IIRC, don't know about small maps. If there were six civs in that game and it was a standard map it could mean that two civs had been destroyed prior to the moment the screenshot were taken. Which could explain why an interview mentioned a fight between a Moroccan Spearman and a French Warrior, i.e. Morocco was in the game but was destroyed by France at some point.:think:

The default map sizes have default civ numbers which are even. That is, duel has 2, tiny has 4, small has 6, etc. (if I'm remembering those names right). So it could be that the game just had 6 civs, but if there were more, there would be at least 2 more. In any case, more gameplay is likely to show more city states and other new features.

The minimap in the screenshots looks like Small (6-player) to me. That doesn't necessarily mean they couldn't have added more Civs, though.

I guess there's still a good chance we could spot some City-States. Shaka's score is high enough to suggest that he might have done a spot of light conquering...

Only six civs are represented in the world congress screens, so that gives it away too that we won't be meeting any new civs...but I expect we'll find some new information on the civs we know about. I think also that this will be the start of a phase where we get a slew of info; there's the twitch.tv event this evening and I think some of the other gaming sites will post reviews soon.

My prediction is that we'll find out the next civ via a review or gameplay footage of one of the scenarios.

This demo should provide some clarificaiton on the World Congress. Does founding the World Congress mean that all civs are put into contact with each other?

That's a brilliant question. I'd not thought of that, but I guess the player would at least know who the other members are...unless we have "unmet player" in the mix again!

This demo should provide some clarificaiton on the World Congress. Does founding the World Congress mean that all civs are put into contact with each other?

I hope it does otherwise why would any of the other world leaders attend a world congress, vote on global trade bans and such without being able to meet other leaders. Sounds like a hoax to me

I'm still elated that it seems that so much of my suggestion for a revamped UN system seems to be in this expansion.

The minimap in the screenshots looks like Small (6-player) to me. That doesn't necessarily mean they couldn't have added more Civs, though.

I guess there's still a good chance we could spot some City-States. Shaka's score is high enough to suggest that he might have done a spot of light conquering...

I don't know really, to me the map looks like standard size(8 players). So I could imagine Shaka doing some conquering on the other continent, especially when seeing how Poland only has cities along the coats and none inside the continent.

Jeez I'm in the bus right now, hoping to get home before the video is published D:
I hope we will see some tooltip on the archeologist!

Top Bottom