where should my 3 settlers go?

gnubbish

Chieftain
Feel like this always happens to me, I always find myself with like a half decent spot, and nothing else.

I want 4 cities for my tradition, where would you put them?

http://i.imgur.com/1MLwVng.jpg

Cant get any good coast spots, no river hills, all hard to defend
Food Pantheon, mo religion

Getting tired of restarting bc of this

I'd probably pick the spot next to the mountain and river to the left of where that Greek scout is. I'd be tempted to put it on the ocean next to the mountain, but that would really limit how many tiles that can be worked. You can buy titles to get to the fur from the spot I mentioned.

I'd likely put the next one to the mountain, gold, spice and wheat to the northeast of that spot. That spot is pretty nice. Perhaps right where your warrior is standing.

The last one I'd likely send east of Seoul to get the wheat, sugar and fur near the river. Preferably on a hill, but I can't tell if there is a good hill there or not with that help box over the area.

city 2 that u suggest is not possible. too close to tyre.
I'd fwdsettle Theodora - 2tiles west of the scout. Hill north of the lake north of Seoul and somewhere around the furs and sugar. don't really like the mountain spots here.

IMHO:

1: 1NW of the Fish near Constantinope
2: Either 1W or 1NW of the Wheat south of Colombo
3: 1NW of the one hex lake north of Seoul

(That being said, getting the three truffles, two wheats and one fish is an appealing option)

You don't need to restart, there's plenty of good spots.

Not every settling location needs to be hill, river, mountain, coast with 4 wheat and 2 luxes, you know.

If you are not going to go with a mountain on the city west of Seoul, I'd definitely settle it on the coast. The mountain allows you to have the city ~25% smaller and still generate the same science, so I tend to prefer that, but if you plant it on the coast, Seoul and that city can grow larger by using cargo ships instead of caravans.

I agree with clinton - nab the spot NW of fish, gives you deer too. You can buy tiles quick to get horse and fur, 3 tile radius gives dye, stone, cows. You will quickly absorb sheep - 3 pastures for stables. Food ships to and from cap. Great spot! You want to deny Theo a port, if possible, due to UU.

I often get IW early to see where that is before my 3rd or 4th city.

1st: Well first, 1 coastal city near the cap, the spot next to the mountain with many river tiles nearby on the left looks good. It'll be an observatory city and you can feed Seoul immediately with food ship. However, that is a big tile overlap. If you want to sacrifice the mountain move 2 tiles further to the suggested coastal/river spot. A hydro plant will make that city killer in production later. It also has better resources having cows, deer, furs, fish, sheep, and horses but you'll lose the observatory science boost. Buy out the horse tile near theodora and steal her border hexes. hehe.

2nd: I'd probably take that spot with sugar and 3 furs East next placing it on the river. You also have wheat and a deer nearby so that's great for growth with many good tiles and river. I think you could get the stone in range too. Already that spot is super-rich in resources. I can't even tell what's under the black banner, but if it's even more that's pretty insane. Might be your 2nd highest-pop city and will bring in many luxes to trade. I'd keep it growing along with the cap at a rapid pace.

3rd: Go due north. place a city on that river near the two mountains just north of the scout. Great spot. Low in resources, but good river, in range of 8-9 river tiles and 3-4 tiles on that lake to the east, and 2 cows. That city will grow well and by a science powerhouse with observatory after civil service boost.

You have many good spots near you and an insane amount of freshwater so this should be a good game. :)

I don't understand a few things here :

1) why do you have 2 settlers in your cap?
2) Why are you researching bronze working?
3) Do you have NC already? Looking at the BPT< doesn't look like it. As other than that, I see no reason to not have more cities at this point.
4) What level is this?

1-Coast near mountain(at 4 tiles from capital)
2-Near mountain north of there near spice
3-East riversided near sugar

Use cargos to feed Capital and city 1. Also feed city 2. Let the 3rd one feed by itself and growth(chop forests)...bring 2 workers there.

Top Bottom