Difficult immortal starts

Thats a very funny map indeed :D

So its not only heavy plains, the near terrain contains also plain tundra, snowland and plain desert as well. There are only 3 different luxes - crabs, elephants and marble.
No near Ai - thats pretty bad for morocco UA.
No CS too.
Thinks are not really that bad
Spoiler :
There are lake Victoria west,If you go south-west you will find furs and pearls. If you go north eventually you will find 4 unique lux I think, but you did not list all drawback ether, may be too early.

I had worse!

But...

Spoiler :
Settled on desert hill up north. Got desert folklore and first religion. Settled 2 more cities. 1 costal up northeast with spices and marble and 1 between that and my capital. Skipped lake victoria... to close to Shaka. Went all in for diplpmacy, sent traderoutes, gave away ivery etc and became best friend with Shaka. Everything was up and rolling and I was just about to build army when he backstabbed me and caught me with pants done.

1000000000000000x impis killed my walled and protected capital in 5 turns.

I will be back! And I will be back in vengence!!

That's actually an average start; I have rolled some real turds in my day especially with Sweden and their Tundra Bias although I would be disappointed to play Morraco without desert in my capital.

When i comes down to it though once you get to civil service you'll be fine on that map

So far no one post win.

I always wander, all this deity players actually play on easy maps and more easy AI. Yes, in some aspect playing on immortal difficulty is harder, because many of way to explore AI are not present there, in addition,strategically difficult start is hard enough on immortal.

Spoiler :
This start does not player use any tricks they usually use on hard levels to win.
1) Worker steal:
If you steal worker from arab, you antagonist the only ally you may have.
If you steal worker from Songshone you weaker the only buffer you have agains Shaka.
You can not steal from Shaka, geography make it hard.
You can not steal from CS, there are no on mainland.

2) It is Pangaea, but you can not explore pass 3 neighbors. You are blocked by borders.
3) Why your start is not too bad, it does not have mach food before Civil service, slowing your initial development.
4) and biggest problem, Shaka is on the end of continent and have choose of you or Songshone to attack, there are no one to bribe to fight him or him to attack.

It is actually bad design of dependencies, map pack actually not used in game, there no dependency, but because it was checked game think it is needed. Firaxis fault.

Talking about this start makes me think about my latest Diety Start with Russia, no iron and only 2(x2 UA) horses in my four cities. The only saving grace is that all my cities have at least 1 stone and my capital has 3(+1 marble) within three rings. I got a pottery ruin pounded out a shrine and took stone circles as my pantheon. Thinking about holy warriors faith sink.

Top Bottom