Mod Components

Ok lets open this baby up with something...

While I don't exactly suggest adding it into the mod, lets do some groundwork for the add on.

TheLopez has done a wonderful mod Called Favorite Religion http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=187622

Now we have already started to intergrate it but we use both Zoroastrianism and Shinto so my list may not be 100% also I do not have the full Civ Gold Civs yet so lets use this post as a place to store the leaders favorite Religion.

I will start by posting my list, and add to it, and give credit (the initial list I am posting is a combination of GRM7854 and TheLopez)

Wyz_Sub10: If you can give me a list of the final warlords civs I can have my design team take a crack at it.

Spoiler :

Alexander: [NONE]
Asoka: Buddhism
Augustus: [NONE]
Bismarck: [NONE]
Brennus: [NONE]
Caesar: [NONE]
Catherine: [NONE]
Churchhill: [NONE]
Cyrus: Zoroastrianism
David: Judaism
Elizabeth I: Christianity (Anglican)
FDR: [NONE]
Frederick II: Christianity (Anti-Semitic, Pro-Catholic)
Gandhi: Hinduism
Genghis Khan: Taoism
George Washington: Christianity (Deism)
Hannibal: [NONE]
Hatshepsut: [NONE]
Henrique: Christianity
Huayna Capac: [NONE]
Isabella: Christianity
Kublai Khan: Confucianism (Tolerant of chinese culture, Anti-Tao)
Louis XIV: [NONE]
Mansa Musa: Islam
Mao Zedong: [NONE]
Mehmed: Islam
Montezuma: [NONE]
Napoleon: [NONE]
Ostenaco: [NONE]
Peter: [NONE]
Qin Shi: Taoism (Considered superstitious)
Ragnar: [NONE]
Ramesses: [NONE]
Saladin: Islam
Stalin: [NONE]
Tokugawa: [NONE]
Victoria: [NONE]
Wang Kon: Buddhism

None of these are set in stone yet, we're still debating, as they get set in stone I will update this post...

If you do deside to include this feature your going to need a modified Schema file within Civ-Gold which includes the new tags to prefent XML loading errors. The data wont do anything unless its run with a Dll that supports it, an un-moded Dll will just ignore the data once it gets past the XML loading stage so all players can still use the same files. This would probably be better then maintaining two versions of CivGold one with and one without the feature.

Also have you heard of the XML loading I've implemented in the CCCP, its based on the mod by Chinese American. It should allow for the Modular addition of content by use of a single drag and drop folder. This could be of huge assistence in merging together and expanding your Civs, I already have a demonstration folder that adds the Mark V tank and I'll be looking to produce a proof of concept whole-Civ folder next.

Impaler[WrG] said:
If you do deside to include this feature your going to need a modified Schema file within Civ-Gold which includes the new tags to prefent XML loading errors. The data wont do anything unless its run with a Dll that supports it, an un-moded Dll will just ignore the data once it gets past the XML loading stage so all players can still use the same files. This would probably be better then maintaining two versions of CivGold one with and one without the feature.

I was thinking that this could perhaps be an add-on in the form on an executable that simply patches the file. Is that doable?

Also have you heard of the XML loading I've implemented in the CCCP, its based on the mod by Chinese American. It should allow for the Modular addition of content by use of a single drag and drop folder. This could be of huge assistence in merging together and expanding your Civs, I already have a demonstration folder that adds the Mark V tank and I'll be looking to produce a proof of concept whole-Civ folder next.

I've heard of it (thanks to Ket) but I haven't looked at it yet. I would absolutely be intersted in it as the load times are already prohibitive for some people. Is there a thread with more info?

MartinhoMukanga said:
hi wyz. if u want my hun civ in civ gold u can use it. Im glad that my civ is going to be on the worlds best mod

Many thanks! Your civs with edgecrusher's LH will make for a terrific addition.

If you have Albania in, make favorite religion Christianity (Catholicism).

Shqype said:
If you have Albania in, make favorite religion Christianity (Catholicism).

What do you think about taking that mod and making a CIV Gold component? The mod would work well for Gold because we've added a few civs for almost all the religions.

I put this in 'Other Suggestions' a few days ago now:
Myself said:
I've got an idea. As there are going to be unique names for units, how about Jeckel's Unit Names mod for the rest. Then it would seem smoother than going from 'Rifleman' to 'Princess Patricia's'. How about that?
Well, I had a look at it, and it seems that Jeckel has allowed UniqueNames to override the random names. All that's needed is to put the files in. :)

I would really like to see the Menus that pop when you implement 12 Monkeys Mod Comp. Makes your advisor sceen so much easier to implement micro management.

Three more (last?) buildings!

Spice Stocks, Berber pasture, and Wat.

The Spice Stocks are a granary with the custom spices (shown below). For the Berber pasture I merged the pasture with some sheep and turned it into a city building. The Wat is custom done.

Attachments

• NewBuildings.zip
    278.4 KB · Views: 154
  • sample.gif
    sample.gif
    35.1 KB · Views: 166
Anyone ever playing on Sevo's Mod Master Victory knows what I am Talking about with this one!!!

It makes the game that much better with the real winner going to he who has the most COMPLETE civilization.

Top Bottom