Requests for new components (and features)

Just a little suggestion, since Better AI seems (maybe I'm wrong) itsn't going to be updated anymore, I think that for next BAT version adding the latest version of Better AI to it should be GREAT :)

Just a little suggestion, since Better AI seems (maybe I'm wrong) itsn't going to be updated anymore, I think that for next BAT version adding the latest version of Better AI to it should be GREAT :)
It's going to be addressed. :)

It should probably be called BAIT

New Feature Request: BUG generates alerts when an AI founds a city. The logger doesn't log it.

It seems like Culturally Linked Starts mod is something that belongs in BUG. It's just a game setup option, so it does not alter gameplay.

The problem is that it breaks saved-game compatibility. It could be added to BULL (it's a DLL mode), but it would require compiling separately to enable it. Another option would be to move the setting to GlobalDefinesAlt.xml, but that would require you to modify an XML file to change the setting.

Here is something I always wanted to see (and forgive me if it has already been asked for):

In the Civics screen, the only effect of change we can see is the updated Maintenance whenever we choose new civics (and before we submit the order). In SMAC, I remember that in the Social Engineering screen, ALL effects of a planned change were shown, therefore making the decision easier and more clear.

I tried to start modding the python code for the civics screen many times, but I lack time and probably some knowledge. Anyways, if this is possible, I would like to see it, and help as much as I can.

I think that is the only "big" thing missing from BUG. Perhaps for c4 BTS vainilla it is not that important, but for mods like RoM AND, tracking all variables for each civic and the effects of a change of civics becomes a nightmare.

Any chance that this can be done?

I will gladly try to help in the effort.

Regards,

rjg

A feature request. This might be easy. Modify the BFC planner (Alt-X) so that it can be used to mark Air Range for advanced planning. Perhaps when the BFC graphics is displayed, pressing a number key will change it to the Air Range graphic (with 0=10,1=11,2=12,3=3,4=4,...,9=9) for each possible range.

What do you thing about this small new addition to the advanced scoreboard and the change in the unit stack help? The flag can replace the space wasting use of leader names and civ descriptions.

If you like it PM me and I will label it in my mod for you and tell you about the needed changes. But the way I've done it both will require a DLL change and so it's not possible for BUG. Just BULL.

Screen from CCV 4.29G++:
Spoiler :

I like it ... especially the flags against the units on the left. Its really annoying trying to look at unit lists for civs like the HRE.

Yes, I like it too. Main Screen Mod has this working with both the flag and leader picture, but I've been too lazy to integrate it. I would do it the same way I do the researching icons so it should work without BULL. The flags in the unit lists, however, would be an awesome addition for BULL too.

I would do it the same way I do the researching icons so it should work without BULL.

I've tried to do it. But I failed to call the flag without new additions to the source. A copy from the flag call of the DawnOfMan screen didn't seem to work here with the variable size. Or I've done something wrong. It's possible. Didn't matter for me. And the size of my flag in the scoreboard is also close linked with your research icons. If those are in use the research icons and the flag icons will have the same size. Defined by your options. If not I set a default size of 16 for the flag.

Add me to the list of those who like it. :)

How about a way of clearing all the dotmap spots in one fell swoop? I like to plan things out, but i find it annoying to have to go and individually remove each one when they are no longer relevant.

hi great mod was just wondering is there any future plans to add Advanced Unit Automations or Advanced Diplomacy to bug/bull

Top Bottom