[BNW] ICS Piety Empire (multiplayer edition) guide

I have not played Civilization V since... oh... a few months since it came out. I recently bought all the major expansions: Brave New World, Gods and Kings, Scrambled Continents Map Pack, and several minor ones like: Babylon, Denmark, Korea, Mongols, Genghis Khan, Ancient Wonders, etc... not all but some of the minor paid DLCs.

Anyhow. I was wondering, would this be a good strategy for a person who has not played a while...? I would be first playing against the computer while I get my feet wet... otherwise, recommending any others?

I would recommend trying a typical 4 city tradition play first. It's generally the most recommended generic strategy for doing just about anything. ICS is harder to play with, since happiness is a much bigger issue, especially against the computer since you with gather a lot more AI hate for expanding quickly, taking up land and clashing borders.

Is it required to go all the way to Reformation? Why not just stop after getting 2-3 policies into piety to get the Religion rolling?

Is it required to go all the way to Reformation? Why not just stop after getting 2-3 policies into piety to get the Religion rolling?

Who doesn't want a reformation belief? Also +3 culture for holy sites for finisher.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

:rolleyes: Way to go sticking up for your strategy.

Try this out in Ranked NQ (No Quitters) games vs dudes on min 1000+ hours of civ time.

If it doesn't hold up against the human element...

:nuke: Public MP games will not let you appropriately appreciate the value of your strategies and general gameplay.

Winning games is usually a blend of strategy and flexibility - will your build allow you to roll with the punches?

Not critiquing - just asking questions. Keep us posted (with screenshots). :mischief:

I really like this strategy, I'm even using it against AI on Immortal. If my important religious stuff gets taken I try to transition into something else.

I'd just like to know how do you keep up with making enough culture to actually get to reformation at a reasonable pace? I keep having issues with that.

Top Bottom