Deity Challenge: 'OCC' Domination

Edit: Also a big reason they are not the same as your game is I did not get a Religion so when I get converted they love me more than life itself :) !!

And they waste their time converting you. Will it affect their ability to defend themselves?

Well, at least I got some use out of Just War.

Ok I know it is only turn 202 now but I had to put this screen shot up. When I got allied with Kathmandu just now I see all of my allies troops (Inca)! Wow! I think I made the right choice not to war him till later lol. It is nice to have friends?! By the way I am # 2 in troops now just barley behind the Inca! Im on a time out and will finish later... it seems the "special tea" I drank has kicked into overdrive.

UPdate, only have Denmark left, with the great wall, he had war bombers, I had not researched flight yet, he owns amsterdam, and the mongol capital...

I am 30 turns away from flight :(

The war started, and that one city I left Pacal, had been building military units. Denmark asks me to join him in destroying what is left of the Inca... I refuse, and the Inca, Pacal, and denmark all declare war on me... It sucks, loosing cities, soo I gave up.

Im sorry you had to resign your position TLHeart :( . You will get them next time!

Turns 203-330/331:
Spoiler :

We left off last time as I was in a Major War against Assyria with my ally helping a bit. It was slow going and it took some time breaking the GW. It hurt that I couldn't upgrade to Rifles. I swear Assyrias XBs were 3X strong than mine. My combo of Artillery, Hussars, and Muskets proved to be too tough and I gained control of the Aztec Capital on turn 215! We pressed on and took control of Nineveh and Razed it to the ground. My advisors persuaded me to take 10 turns of Peace since Assyria now had 4 Bombers and our Empire did not have any AAs yet. I was going to wait a few more turns but it appears once again I had too many troops on the border and it was time for war since I cannot lie to Assyria. I had to retreat a bit since I did not want to lose my arty's. I lost 1 and a few troops but my pal Inca helped by making Assyria focus his bombers on them. I used 3 Arty's and some troops to take control of Assur on turn 248! This game was going smooth. I played the diplo the best I could and had no problems of anyone declaring war on me. Now we are still DOFs with Inca so no need to war them now. It will take longer to win/finish but this way is much safer (IMO). We RA up with Inca and get some loans. I take control of all the CS's... 13 of them I believe. I keep my troops in the Aztec and Assyria caps for defense and build up another Army/Air Force to take on the Eastern World. I road it up over to the Vikings and bring 4 Rock Arts, 2 Sams, and some other units to get this party started! Damn if the CS's don't gift me an Admiral (t259) lol! I knew it but it turns out it's a good thing since 3 CS's are asking for it. He is stuck in-between the ice an I delete him. I knock on Harrolds door only to find nobody home. I guess his Hate Triangle with Kahn and William hurt his army. I see he is way behind in Miltary Tech anyway and I Raze 2 of his cities and take control of Copenhagen (t289) and Karakorum (t297)! We decide to head over to Amsterdam for some buds to make our "special tea" we enjoy. "Our words are backed with nuculear weapons now!" We drop 1 or 2 and raze a city and take Amsterdam around turn 300ish. Now back over to the land of our best friend the whole game the Inca! It saddens me to have to backstab the Inca since he really helped us the whole game. However, this is Budweiser's Challenge and he says the game must end in Domination to win!! I take some time and get in position and buy 5 or 6 nukes. I make alot of his cities glow and kill alot of his troops. He keeps making them and tries to take Assur but our Bombers and Nukes and Units hold him off. We end up liberating Kathmandu but a few turns later Nuke them twice! What a dumb mistake lol! Anyway we make peace with them twice and press into Inca territory. Long story short... Nukes + Rock Arts + Paratroopers + Sams and Bazookas do the trick and we have total control of the world on turn 330/331! ( I was 1st in Science and 2nd in Military for most of the game once I started the war with Assyria.)

Social Policies: Full Tradition, Full Patronage, Full Rationalism, Full Commerce, 6 deep into Order, and we got to Warrior Code in Honor.

Religion: This is one part of the game I made the biggest mistake I will never make again. I should of bought a few missionaries when I had the AIs Religion multiple times. I ended up having not enough followers of one or the other and left a whopping +10,380 Faith on the table at the end of the game. I would of finished under 300 turns if I could of bought all those GS's!

Inca Schizophrenia: After I took Harrolds and Kahns original Caps the Inca denounced me a few times and asked me for a DOF a few times. Everytime I would nuke William he would change his mind and ask for a DOF lol! Ofcourse it wasn't long and I was lobbing about 15 Nukes in his lands to end the game!

My game was pretty fun, thanks for posting this game Budweiser, and I'm glad I actually played it because it was more fun and easier than I thought it was going to be! Ofcourse writing up the story is just as fun as smashing the AI. I don't mind one bit that the AI acted like Emp level in this game :) . The first month long ago when I bought this game the Deity AI used to smash me 5-10 times a day and it is nice to get the revenge over the last few years. This was my first OCC game since BNW and all the new patches. I used to play alot of OCC in G&K but things change. Anyway, it is nice to change it up and I think I will play some more of them. I read your whole game and it seems you had somewhat of a harder Diplo game but you crushed the AI faster than I did! Congrats Bud!

W/L Record Deity on this site: This brings me 4 wins in a row with a record of 4-3 now. I know nobody really gives a S*** but I like to show that I do lose on Deity about 25% of the time actually although that seems to be changing for me because of all your help so THANKS!!

Fluphen Azine: Congrats! I chuckled when I saw those nukes at the end. They deserved it. I didn't have much diplo in my game except for incidental friendship with Harold because of shared ideology.

While I was waiting for someone to finish this map, I actually stated another one. I am currently chewing through GK with cannons, gifted Musketeers and the trusty Hussar. I may shelve it now and move on to something else. I will also end up getting Artillery on the exact same turn I did on this map. Weird.

Wow this is pretty cool. I settled next to the mountain for an observatory giving up the gold bonus of the river. Built ToA, Oracle and Machu. Built up my forces for attack on Palenque after all the infrastructure and wonders but pretty sure you could do an early crossbow rush with this kind of capitol.

Palenque fell at turn 177(EDIT: 179). I have 5 ally CS and was voted world leader. I went full tradition, 3 into patronage to scholasticm and 3 into honor and 1 into rati. Secularism will be next pick. Got 3 generals so far but I got sloppy and lost 3 units on my attack of Palanque. But I can pump them out pretty quick and have barracks+armory+heroic epic.

Pacal was kind enough to leave me 3 wonders : Alhambra, borobudr and hagia sophia.

Best part is in six turns I'll finish military science then have oxford university ready to build in 1 turn to hit artillery at 185.

Spoiler :

My sick capitol. Nobody with sugar though boohoo no WLtKD :(
Spoiler :

My policies
Spoiler :

For religion went god-king, tithe, divine inspiration , religious community and just war.

Oh and I have stealing techs like crazy from Monty. He's not happy with me but I keep him busy with bribes or just bribe Genghis to attack him. Genghis almost makes things too easy, here's +5gpt and a couple horses now have some fun storming the castle.. dur ok!

One question before I proceed further. Are we allowed to plant citadels in non-cap cities while they are being razed?

One question before I proceed further. Are we allowed to plant citadels in non-cap cities while they are being razed?

Yeah, I did against Harold. I hope you would do it for tactical reasons on the battlefield, not to steal a few more resources which is not our intent.

Why are you holding on to those writers? They will give you more policies.

Yeah, I did against Harold. I hope you would do it for tactical reasons on the battlefield, not to steal a few more resources which is not our intent.

Why are you holding on to those writers? They will give you more policies.

Old habit I guess :) I usually hang on to my first two and wait to pop them until after I've either won WF or elsewhere down the line when my +cpt is really pumping and those writers are worth a ton more. Oh and one other edit: Palenque fell on turn 179 not 177.

War diaries turn 179-285.

Well a lot has happened since Palenque fell on turn 179. I decided to push westward towards Cusco but it took forever going through the terrain and blocked by all the units in the CS down there. I eventually took it on turn 220 but lost more experienced units but he gave me Huamanga to raze. I then had to sit back to get rested and reorganized. In the meantime I prebuilt roads I would need to press eastward and slowly built up my east army group. I saw Genghis attacking Copenhagen so I took 3 hussar, 1 gatling and 1 arty up there asap. Luckily Genghis was melting his face attacking the city and lost a lot of rifleman so I stepped in with my hussar to block him from taking the city(see I did learn from glory7 :) Slowly but surely my arty and gatling whittled down the city and with the help of Genghis taking the damage I stepped in with my hussar, too bad the city is a royal piece of crapola :eek:

After peace treaty ran out with Inca I bribed Assyria to attack them and waited till all Inca units were hurt before I resumed my attack on Inca to clear the cities out I need to attack Assur. More stupid mistakes on my part and more losses but I eventually removed the two Inca cities on my way then bribed Monty to invade Assyria and repeated the same steps on Assyria :D

Assur fell around turn 250-260 and it's a beauty with 8 world wonders! I then called peace with him to rest and get ready for *gulp* Monty. This won't be pretty and I'll probably have to wait for rocket artillery which I won't get for 14 more turns. In the meantime I'm madly building more units to bring up there.

I have so much +fpt in this game that I got a little crazy and bought 3 GEs to build wonders lol. I built Brandenburg, Big Ben and Eifel Tower with GE. I know that was silly of me but I still have enough faith now for a few great merchants to give me a money boost. Plus BB and ET gave me ally with the CS that wanted them built.

Here's pic of Cusco
Spoiler :

Here's pic of Assur's awesomeness!
Spoiler :

Army group west awaiting orders and reinforcements. Used my GP to spread my filthy religion for the Just War benefit.
Spoiler :

Amry group east taking on Genghis
Spoiler :
http://imgur.com/Qdb5QOm
My capitol
Spoiler :

policies
Spoiler :

demographics. 2nd in military but Monty is 1st in just about everything
Spoiler :

All my caravans are going to CS so +gpt is not ideal but nobody likes me except Monty so rather keep it safe. I have 13 votes so nobody is going to get a resolution to ban cargo to CS. EDIT: Spoke too soon, resumed playing and one turn later I just got the Nationalism policy so now my gpt is +146
I want thank you, budweiser, for this challenge because normally I lose interest in dom games but this one is so unique that I really enjoy the focus of it. I might not finish well into mid 300s but it's been a blast and hope to finish it either way. Probably going to be nukes involved :)

Wooohoo! My first deity dom victory! Same turn as Fluphen at 331 :) So freakin tired now lol. I love it when you get to the point that gold is flowing so much(peaked at 300gpt at one point) that you can get 2 units each turn in capitol(one Landsknect and move then buy normal unit then upgrade Landsknect next turn) I generated two great merchants and bought two more and had 8k gold at one point before my buying spree. Also had to spend 4k gold on getting ally with Kyzl and Jerusalem since Assyria and Genghis had those at around 200 influence each. Finished #1 in all demographics except approval and literacy.

Getting Clausewitz's Legacy makes it pretty awesome for that last push. Monty put up a hell of a fight and every turn it seems I was losing a unit. Monty built Manhattan Project but thank god no nukes!

Spoiler :

Nicely Done and Congrats Teqofc!! All 4 of our games so far have been pretty different. It seems Monty was really strong in your game where as mine I never had a war with him because Assyria and others beat him down. This was one of the rare Domination games on Deity I have won where all the wars basically made the AI have no units in my game. I never had to war Aztecs Or the Huns. Inca was pretty much the only strong one since I let him build up and he could only war with Assyria really. Ofcourse I got rid of those units with about 15 Nukes all over his land. It was nice to show up to all my Enemies and see nobody home!!

Thanks, Fluphen :) And grats to you and budweiser also. I wanted to write more last night but I was so tired from being up till 3am. I was a total zombie at work today lol.

Inca were pretty tough for me but Aztec were really brutal because of all the infantry and artillery in my way. It was a slow grind until I could get my reinforcements up there and then I got Clauswitz's Legacy then poor Monty just folded. Mongolia was surprisingly easy although after the peace treaty he built up a very large army again and I was getting nervous he would backstab me while I was assaulting Monty but he never did.

Think I might have to try that deity zulu game now. So much fun taking a city like Assur with 8 world wonders and buildings full of artifacts. But then you also get those crapola capitols like I got with Copenhagen.

Poland was my first civ I got a deity SV win so I guess it's appropriate they are my first civ to get a deity dom win :) Powerful civ for either that's for sure.

Thanks again, budweiser, for the unique challenge. Really made the game a lot of fun. I'm almost tempted to start over and try an early rush next time with that kind of capitol. Pretty sure it could be done if you just build the bare minimum buildings needed and no wonders.

Nice concept budweiser! I'm in.

Is this is more difficult or lesst difficult than regular dom game? Well i have to play and see. Surely not the fastest, but probably the most fun since that OCC games are running faster too.

First of all:

We have several options here. We can tehc to CB asap and make profit of the only cities available in extra(capitals) but eventually facing many neighbors at once? We need to work pretty fast and probably stop mid game to advance. that sounds complicated.

We have a good starting location and a mountain start with some wonders can let us dominate later in the game. Poland has a special weapon in his bag...the free policies! Why not use them for scholasticism? Well that's the goal for now. We need caravans to pump more science form other civs too. Growth? Well let's aim for HG!

So i started with 2 scouts then a granary. Popped writing from a ruin(yes!) so we built a fast library too. We DoFed the Netherlands who got slaughtered by the Aztecs. We also DoFed Pacal. HG was finally built around the turn 50. Then we finished the NC at turn 69.

I added Chichen Itza and the Oracle and we reached secularism around the turn 87. Got Education at turn 99, made a RA with Pacal and now my empire looks like this:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

It looks good so far. We gonna aim for 2 or 3 policies into Rationalism then it will be all the way into Honor i guess. A mix of artillery and Winged Hussars will do the trick.

Nice concept budweiser! I'm in.

Poland has a special weapon in his bag...the free policies! Why not use them for scholasticism? Well that's the goal for now. We need caravans to pump more science form other civs too.

This is why I am so addicted to Poland. They get a science boost in early renaissance that can lead to a military advantage. I will try another OCC deity arty bee-line with another civ in the near future to compare.

It looks good so far. We gonna aim for 2 or 3 policies into Rationalism then it will be all the way into Honor i guess. A mix of artillery and Winged Hussars will do the trick.

My vision for the game was to end it with just Arty & Hussars but I went over. Maybe you can shut them out in time.

We have a good starting location and a mountain start with some wonders can let us dominate later in the game. Poland has a special weapon in his bag...the free policies! Why not use them for scholasticism? Well that's the goal for now. We need caravans to pump more science form other civs too. Growth? Well let's aim for HG!

Scholasticism has been a favorite of mine ever since I saw thorak do it in his HoF games. Especially in a game like this where you need all the help you can get. I was getting 223 bpt from it in my game in the end.

Domination turn 211.

Some boring turns later i have finally reached artillery.

Spoiler :

This has been the policy choices so far:

Spoiler :

Palenque was my first victim:

Spoiler :

Then Tenochtitlan from the Aztecs(note: that was a nice fun to rush buy Winged Hussars with 3 flat land bonus and double attack right of the bat from my capital):

Spoiler :

With double shots artillery and threat eliminated i could split my army into small pieces and still advance through ennemy:

Spoiler :

Amsterdam(previously taken from aztecs very soon in the game):

Spoiler :

Assur(also taken from Aztecs...i bribed that war...aztecs were pretty big just earlier):

Spoiler :

A 2nd army sneaked into Copenhagen...he was too busy fighting me...in my capital :lol:

Spoiler :

Meanwhile the initial army is preparing the assault against Cosco...i mean...Cuzco.

Spoiler :

Pushed some citadels to reach Cuzco...citadels were already useless when previous city was already burn to the ground because they managed to retake it with boats. But i acted fast enough...3 artillery with double shots? Pfff

Spoiler :

Preparing the assault against Karakorum:

Spoiler :

Planes are online...can they help? Distance seems large.

Spoiler :

And 1 turn later it was the time for foreign legions(Freedom) to scene a bit:

Spoiler :

Then, finally, the last capital was down:

Spoiler :

I never been under unhappiness. When i started conquering the lowest i have been was 16 even when buring multiple cities. I had a lot of CS allies. And planes were finally useless :cool:

Good lord, Tab! You put us all to shame. I only had 3 capitols by turn 221.

Grats on the amazing job!

I'm really really tempted to try this again now :)

I just wanted to say that I played this game and had a lot of fun. I never raised so many cities but found it was a very cool way to play domination and stay in positive happiness for almost the whole game.

I ended up taking Harold last with stealth bombers in late game, but it was all super fun.

Top Bottom