warhammer 40k MOD

snodog778

Chieftain
i was so surprized that i couldnt find one. there is so much history, and so much just sitting there to be made into a sweet mod. just think of how different each race and unit could look it would be like dawn of war with a civ twist; THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!!!! someone has to be working on one no?

what do you think would be the best to part??
deepstriking terminators? swarms of gaunts?cultists(missionaries) could possibly become possesed(or atleast the GP verrsions)? or just all the different scenery? there could be werid tyranid type plants or maps tp follow any of the many already existing warhammer worlds. It would be sick!!!!

Any thoughts?

Hopefully I'm not too late. Have fun.

A lot of great mod ideas haven't been made yet. Why? Because YOU haven't made it yet! I decided the best way to get what I want out of mods is to start writing my own, so I am learning the process right now myself. Warhammer 40k is a great idea for a mod. So are tons of other games with loads of back history. Mods are made by fans though. There are only so many fans with so much time. So join the community and start a 40k mod yourself! You'll learn a lot in the process that will actually teach you some valuable skills (like SDK and Python) that can apply in other areas of your life.

I'm starting said 40k mod. I need units. I have the Imperium Civ created, the Emperor and a unique building so far! It's a start! Contact me!

As a 40k fan, this does sound very interesting, but also very difficult.

I've thought about this myself. The main problem is all the races are so different. As far as I know, every 'civ' must follow the same tech tree, which really upsets 40k, unless you have LOTS of UU and UB.

Civ is a HUMAN empire building sim. Its a nice idea, and as much as i'd like to see it working, I doubt it would.

I have been drawing up designs for a 40K mod for some time, but my knowledge of python is very limited.

I'm sure there is a way to apply enough unique units to civs to allow a similar tech tree, but variation in units along the way. Also FFH2 has a fragmented tech tree, i think.

I really like the idea of different tile improvements for different civs (Chaos spawn pits, Mechanicum forges, Ork sentry towers, etc.)

@snodog778, I really like the your idea of using the missionaries for choas cultists, or the Cult of the Emperor, or Cult of the Machine God. Inquisitor units! Awesome.

Dawn of War has so much content, as do the Codex books and the Black Library novels.
I just hope that it will balance out. I forsee the Astartes kicking too much ass and taking over.
Might have to have them set to "permanent war" just to keep the enemies pressing in. At least that would be realistic: Accept Imperial rule or be crushed beneath the Aquila.

It's a shame really. I have spent a fair amount of time sketching it out in theory and draft, keeping CIV4 in mind. Now CIV5 is due out soon, I find myself hoping it will transpose well enough to the new version.

Maybe this could be based of Final Frontier? The whole FTL thing might be problematic though.

Top Bottom