Modern Alliances

what about just adding the units on in transports at one end of the map so atleast they dont join the battle straight away? lol

btw, are there multiple senarios? if not then I could do the unit spawning and checks for pusan (or whatever if actually needed, the checks wouldn't be too draining I shouldn't think). if so, then I would need to figure out now to detect the senario type. However that work would take a while with all the over stuff I have to do :p

ah ok thanks,
Tell me how it goes :D
what about just adding the units on in transports at one end of the map so atleast they dont join the battle straight away? lol

haha a bit cheesy, i think Ill find a base, place a city there. UN (minus US) was only 6% of the SK side army, so placing several units on that city should really do it, what i think is more important is the vehicles they supplied, not really the troops

btw, are there multiple senarios? if not then I could do the unit spawning and checks for pusan (or whatever if actually needed, the checks wouldn't be too draining I shouldn't think). if so, then I would need to figure out now to detect the senario type. However that work would take a while with all the over stuff I have to do :p

Nahh man dont worry about it, there are adventually going to be a lot of scenarios, wouldnt you need to check it every turn to see if its that scenario, then you need to check what date it is, and if its that date spawn units. I dont want every game to go through the scenario check, and expecially teh scenario check two things of code a turn when not really needed, expecially since this is such a small scenario compared o other ones we are going to do

Plus between this DLL, natural wonders and translator, you got enough to work on:D

You think too much about python affecting performance lol.
Did you realise, certain mods that come with BTS like Rhye and Fall or Afterworld, have more codes than Gigapack...

1 or 2 checks not gonna affect performance that deadly

yup, python may be slower than C++ (over 1000 times I think) but when it is not executing mass codes every turn it does nothing. Unfortunatly the rebellion feature in JRM actually does run many many codes a turn :)p)

if only me and plat could work out the way to see what senario is what I think it would be pretty easy and fast. (plus I like event coding and get it done pretty quickly)

oh and on the translator, it works :p only with German and French mind (the italian and spanish is having problems that the developer cannot explain) but it requires the language tags to already present in the XML (ie having text with Tag and English only would fail to add French... you need standard BtS text conventions) but I am gonna work on a missing language tag fixer for Version 4

RAFC is the perfect example.
It is a pretty popular mod, where events are triggered at certain timing or conditions, to spawn new civs, activate rebellations etc. And it is not just 1 or 2 events

A code that checks, "Is it turn 100, if yes, do 20 lines of codes below"
Although it is activated every single turn, only the first line is checked anyway, since the 20 lines below will never be activated except on the 100th turn.

But keep in mind how big my scenarios all. A world scenario has hundreds of cities, and thousands of units and 50 civs. Turns are super long on world scenarios, so anything that slows it down I want to avoid

scenario are checks are easy, expecially in a korean war scenario. There are 10 chinese citie sin the scenario, that are never going to be in any other scenario. So just do a check to see if that city is in the game

Up to u lol
As I said, all python commands will affect performance, no matter how negligible.
But if it is negligible, I don't see a big deal about adding some python effects to add events which can add value to the mod.

A decent computer can handle loops of 1000s in split seconds, what is one or two if statements?

Just do a simple test.
Add 10 if statements to your mod onEndGameTurn
Run the mod before and after you add the codes. Do you even see a difference in time taken to process a turn?

Up to u lol
As I said, all python commands will affect performance, no matter how negligible.
But if it is negligible, I don't see a big deal about adding some python effects to add events which can add value to the mod.

A decent computer can handle loops of 1000s in split seconds, what is one or two if statements?

Just do a simple test.
Add 10 if statements to your mod onEndGameTurn
Run the mod before and after you add the codes. Do you even see a difference in time taken to process a turn?
if it can run 1000s of them in a second, then adding some doesnt really matter, didnt know it matter that little:lol:

I will look into doing some python things like that later, but I dont wanna mess with python to much, going to wait untill Jamie is done, also the gamespeed still needs to be fixed, so that will have to be done first

Well haha K-mod hasnt been merged into my mod, but hopefully Jamie will do improved AI

I had an idea for the mod:
When you build a city, a thing pops up, that lets you choose buildings to automatically put into the city. You get a certain number of hammers, and you can build as many buildings as you want to add to the city, as long as they cost (together) less than the number of hammer. All the left over hammers are converted to gold. Do you think thats possible via python?

Maybe, I never bothered exploring popups. But 1 thing for sure, AI will not be able to use it, so pop ups are more for single players

I think it is, back when we were developing the Historical Cities and the senate feature Baldyr talked about being about to use checkboxes to check what city a player wants to found (based on winning a senate mission) within achoice of 3 cities. However it is him that would know, not me :(

ok, I have AI Autoplay and Dales Combat merged together and CvDeal.cpp merged in from Avanced diplomacy 2. After I finsih with advanced diplomacy I am gonna compile, hope it works and give it back (that will I hope be the equivilent of your own DLL) with the debug capabilities. However Advanced Diplomacy is quite large and will take some time to merge in... let alone all the others :p I am also gonna merge the python and xml files in together as well.

Maybe, I never bothered exploring popups. But 1 thing for sure, AI will not be able to use it, so pop ups are more for single players
If AI can't use it than nevermind
ok, I have AI Autoplay and Dales Combat merged together and CvDeal.cpp merged in from Avanced diplomacy 2. After I finsih with advanced diplomacy I am gonna compile, hope it works and give it back (that will I hope be the equivilent of your own DLL) with the debug capabilities. However Advanced Diplomacy is quite large and will take some time to merge in... let alone all the others :p I am also gonna merge the python and xml files in together as well.
Kepp in mind you are putting in a newer advanced diplomacy, I have an older version in my mod currently so if it has python that will need to be updated, as well as text files. I know it comes with leaderhead xml, but i dont think that needs to be updated

well since I am not basing my DLL on your mods DLL but on the BTS DLL I should come across no weird problems like that..

one file that I am having real trouble merging (and I will need to do by hand) is the CvPlayerAI.cpp file (figures, BAI and Advanced Diplomacy are both using it...) which I am gonna tackle later today

well since I am not basing my DLL on your mods DLL but on the BTS DLL I should come across no weird problems like that..

one file that I am having real trouble merging (and I will need to do by hand) is the CvPlayerAI.cpp file (figures, BAI and Advanced Diplomacy are both using it...) which I am gonna tackle later today

If you have any big problems I would ask Roamty, hes was the one that configured my recent DLLs, and im sure he would be happy to help

Top Bottom