Why can t she buy those tiles ?

Karmah

Emperor
Supporter
Spoiler :

This is a screenshot from one of my wife s game. She basically can"t buy the two hills that are adjacent to the wine ,on the left of her city. Anyone knows why ?

Probably because the wine was claimed by her capital (bottom left) as a fourth ring tile. Therefore Nongomas tiles do not have a "own" connection to the forested hill tiles behind that wine tile.

At least I think this is how it works. It's rare to happen and actually matter, but when it does it's without a doubt weird (especially since for natural border expansion the wine tile counts as 'connecting' and thus natural border expansion should eventually give you access to those tiles).

Probably because the wine was claimed by her capital (bottom left) as a fourth ring tile. Therefore Nongomas tiles do not have a "own" connection to the forested hill tiles behind that wine tile.

At least I think this is how it works. It's rare to happen and actually matter, but when it does it's without a doubt weird (especially since for natural border expansion the wine tile counts as 'connecting' and thus natural border expansion should eventually give you access to those tiles).

If it is true what you say about wine tile is obtained by the capital, can't she switch it to the current city and then try to buy those tiles. I'm considering here that the wine tile, because it is unemployed, maybe is granted to the capital?

Any city can work any tile in range, no matter which city obtained it first. Unfortunately you can not switch ownership by working a tile. The city which acquired it first (through natural expansion or through buying it) will always be "the owner" (relevant for e.g. for buildings stoneworks/pastures/mints).

ok!
It is weird but at least i kn0w the mechanism now ! thx a lot !

Top Bottom