Interesting Screenshots

Do you also hate it, then the KI builds a city (Oslo) directly on a resource (iron)?

I had to disconnect Oslo from the complete road network to at last limit the Vikings ability to use iron before starting my counter invasion.

Coal, Salpeter (also needed for Riflemen ;) ), Horses and Oil was more easily disconnected.

The secondary landing next to Oslo without navy support was a little gamble as the Vikings still got at last one Monitor and two Steam Frigates somewhere...

EDIT: Lucky me! Trondheim finished the following round an Armored Cruiser, that they had started before I disconnected coal and iron. My Clipper pair barely escaped it.

Hmm, I have never used Quick Start but that sure is weird. Not that bad a starting position though, with that wheat. A river would be nice. You would make out like a bandit on one of my mods with all of those hills for production.

'Your people are Nil' :)

I was using Quick Start to get a good starting position for my Mongols and I guess the program couldn't keep up.

If I recall, that also happens if you load 100+ times in a row without closing and reopening the game -- it popped up every once in a while when I'd just alt-tab out and keep the same launch running week after week.

Does the game give you Nil for civilization and techs achieved, or does after that screen proceed normally?

Fine, that means less work for my troops. :trouble:

And no, I am not ruining my trade reputation as I had only traded maps with Montezuma. But if I do not intervene now, the Egypts will lose their last remaining port and than my reputation will be tarnished.

I sold Hatshesput some wine unaware just before the start of the Egyptian-Aztec-War. :rolleyes:

Does the game give you Nil for civilization and techs achieved, or does after that screen proceed normally?

That's a good question. I've had the Nil message on rare occasions, but I don't think I've ever tried playing a game as the Nil. Although it might be a really long game, as Nil might be a very long time before 2050 AD.

This is the most stupid city placement I have ever seen (or anyway very close). :eek:

Ok, Abe managed to cover all resources, but...

And no, this is not the american start position. Washington is a very pleasure place with horses and elephants... and is now part of my glorious Empire. ;)

This is the most stupid city placement I have ever seen (or anyway very close). :eek:

Ok, Abe managed to cover all resources, but...

And no, this is not the american start position. Washington is a very pleasure place with horses and elephants... and is now part of my glorious Empire. ;)

Well, Jamestown was a colony in a new part of the world, possibly dangerous, and isolated from the rest of the known world.....It seems historically appropriate! Not climate appropriate though! :lol:

Spoiler :

I used a utility program to check up on why some of the AI civs were building no improvements...

Well, sometimes the AI chooses to build a disgusting amount of jaguar warriors. The Aztecs made a whopping 558 Jaguar Warriors and found themselves losing hundreds of gold per turn. (Montezuma's line of reason probably was: Who cares? We have no gold to lose anyway! :lol:)

It's no wonder the Aztecs never had any cities expand their cultural boundaries.

Does anyone know of a way to make the AI not do foolish stuff like this? (Please let me know)

I had something similar in my last game (Regent, overcrowded small Archipelago map).

I was able to slip a spy into Boadicca´s capital and found out that the Celts managed to build with only three cities about 35 - 40 Elephant Riders, 30 Horseman, 30 - 40 foot units (Archers, Warriors and Spearman) and also received over 20 Ancient Cavalry from Statue of Zeus.

The numbers differed only slightly every time I checked, so I assume that she was constantly disbanding and rebuilding Horseman and Elephant Riders. Her science rate was allways at 20% and she was allways broke.

Despite having several empty islands next to her homeland she only build a ship after everything was allready settled in order to attack one of those settlements (which belonged to me :trouble: ).

Then I made my counter invasion. My Force was only a third of the celtic Army, but significant more advanced (Sipahi including one Army, Tanks, Infantry and TOW with strong naval and air support). And I nearly lost against the celtic suicide attack on my beachhead... :eek:

Unfortunatly I only have got savegames after their assimilation into the greater Ottoman Empire and I do not know how to transform a KI into a human player.

Thanks, I have tried it in my current game.

Most of my neighbors have clearly a larger army than they could afford.

However the statistics of the Netherlands are really ridiculus. :eek:

This brings the term "Children Soldier" to new level.

It's entirely possible for Military Service to go higher than Life Expectancy, which obviously means they have an army of zombies.

Top Bottom