Should I purchase this game?

Yui108

Deity
Hey everyone. I'm a Civilization 3 Fanatic, who has logged far more hours on conquests that bears repeating :shifty: . I thought Civ 4 was alright, but disliked what I saw as a slightly less difficult game.

Does this game have
Corruption (It's hard but a good hard in Civ 3 in my opinion. And it can be modded!)
Moddable
Scenarios
Also

How Many Civs
Different Leaders?
Realistic UU's.

And before anyone flames me and says to google it or whatever, there a couple dozen people already here to answer my questions and I have urgent business in the NES forum so I figure I should just stick around.

No corruption. Not moddable. No scenarios so far. 16 civs with one leader each. Don't know much about UUs; some civs have them and others don't.

You'd get your answers quicker by checking the CivRev Info Center right here on CFC.

There are several scenarios in the game but they differ from pc scenarios in being somewhat simplified in the changes they have compared to an ordinary game.

Regarding UU, the only difference between an UU and a standard unit is the name.

Have you tried the demo, Yul?

rent it at blockbusters for a weekend or something, (wish i had and i would not have wasted my money buying it)

Not only isn't there corruption, there isn't health, the resources do nothing but provide a terrain bonus to food/trade/production, there is no happiness, no religions, no corporations, no defensive pacts, no game options....

If you want to play ranked multiplayer on the pS3 then no, don't buy it, they broke it with the last patch.

To be honest, as an 'arcade' streamlined version of it it is great as a multi-player when it works (which it doesn't at the moment). Maybe they'll sort it out in a month or 2 (by which time most people will have probably forgotton about it, which is a shame.

If you don't like Civ4 because you think it simplified Civ3, then I would have to say no, you will probably not like CivRev. My advice though is to download the demo from XBox Live or PSN and try it out yourself.

Top Bottom