Civ Gold & Civ Complete Multiplayer

DavidDCC

Chieftain
No connection issues between the two computers on our LAN.

We get a incompatible game version when we join each others game however.

Makes no difference who is host. Are we inherently screwed? I've read most the posts related to multiplayer problems and I haven't seen anything that specifically spells out such.

Edit: So I take the silence to mean nobody knows? Am I to understand that there is no backward compatability between CIV3: Gold & CIV3: Conquests?

:confused:

-David

If you're trying to play PTW off of the Civ3:Gold, and Conquests off of the Civ3:Complete, you'll get a incompatable game version error. There were changes between PTW & Conquests, hence they can't play multiplayer together. But Complete comes with PTW. Try loading that up and connecting, and see what happens.

I read somewhere on this board that Conquests will not work with Civ 3: Gold either... That is quality with a capital K.

http://www.civ3.com/conq_faq.cfm#faqs7

Can I play in multiplayer games against Civ III: Play the World owners?
Yes. Owners of Civ-Conquests can participate in Play the World games and matchmaking forums provided that they are running the PTW executable. However, owners of Civ III: Play the World will not be able to participate in multiplayer Conquest games, nor can they take advantage of new civs, units, technologies, wonders, or rules introduced in the Civ Conquests expansion.

Who knew that Civ3: Gold which included Play the World would not be compatible... I find this whole thing severly annoying.

-David

Just use the PTW executable!!! :rolleyes:

Or the person with Gold can go purchase Conquests. Apparently fraxis fixed some stuff in the conquests multiplayer and it makes sense why it wouldn't work with the PTW version.

In summary, the person with Complete should use the PTW executable , or the person with gold should go buy conquests.

Top Bottom