Legendary Culture..

theimmortal1

Prince
Hey this must be a real stupid question. I was playing on prince as Freddy (trying them all), with cultural, domination, and space race on...with aggressive AI. Pretty intense game, to say the least, anyways I finally thought I'd get the cultural victory. But then I realized its 50,000 on normal and not epic. How many points do you need on epic? If its 60k I should still cruise to victory but 70,000 I may have to go to war to prevent space race victory (again..i had to nuke him to kingdom come to stop him last time).

wow this is the first game i might just quit. i know i can still win, but its just not worth it imo.

i learned my lesson.

my problem is i cannot just go for one victory. i like to war, build tech, dominate, and everything else in between. So in this game I was trying to fight two wars on two fronts while trying to build legendary culture cities, while trying to stay up to date tech wise. I did a good job on all three, but I needed to do great on one.

Well Some victories are compatible,
Space Race + Domination + Conquest + Time (Science benefits from a large empire if its well run)

Culture is the one that requires detailed city management and focus on building.

technically you are right...

this game due to many wars i was slightly down on the tech race..and i noticed ghandi was already doing his space ship. i was just researching the apollo program. so my plan was to attack ghandi to cripple his science and his economy. i nuked him, and sent in hordes of panzers to quickly raze many cities. it worked, i took out 4 or 5 of his biggest cities. a holy city, plus the cities with all his wonders.

at this point i decided to go for culture victory, so i just cranked culture to 100% i was only losing like 5 gold per turn. and i just end turned til i hit 50 per city.

due to that my science is pretty far down right now.

Krikkitone, I find diplomacy is just as important as city management if I'm going for a cultural victory. What would normally be my three best cities for science, commerce, and production will be devoted to culture instead. I'm going to trail in power and tech (though I will not neglect my military completely, that's suicide) and have to rely on manipulating the other AIs to avoid war. I prefer to be on a continent by myself to pursue a cultural win.

True, basically what I was meaning to say is culture is the only one that really Doesn't benefit from a bigger empire.

I do agree on the Contient alone for it though, makes it much easier to hold off the "barbarians"

Krikkitone said:
True, basically what I was meaning to say is culture is the only one that really Doesn't benefit from a bigger empire.

I do agree on the Contient alone for it though, makes it much easier to hold off the "barbarians"
Agreed. 9 cities is ideal, to ensure you can build nine temples and thereby three of each religion's "cathedrals", one in each of your Legendary cities, since each one will magnify culture by 50%. That's equivalent to any of the modern entertainment wonders (R&R, Broadway, Hollywood), they're cheaper, you don't have to compete with the AI for them, and they're available a heckuvalot earlier.

The hard part, on that continent, is making sure you get enough religions. If you don't found them, there's no guarantee they'll spread to your civ from your rivals.

That being said, my most recent culture win was as Qin, on Prince, and I only had one religion (Confucianism, thanks to a CoL slingshot) for the whole game. Ultimately, a culture win comes down to the slider, with a little help from GAs.

Top Bottom