Blue Marble V4.0 Gold

@Airrifle48942, I got your visitor message on my profile.

I suppose you're referring to the "BM tiles.FPK" file which is linked to in the first post of the main K-Mod thread, and a few other places.

Well, the way I use that file is to put it into the K-Mod assets folder. Beyond the Sword\Mods\K-Mod\Assets, and that's what I recommend you should to do. But if you really want to avoid K-Mod for some inscrutable reason, I suppose the best place for the file would be in the Beyond the Sword custom assets folder: Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets (Just ignore all the other subfolders in that directory. Most of them are usually empty anyway. Delete them if you want to.)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that will work fine. If you're unsure about which 'Documents' folder the custom assets are in, I think the best way to find it is to open Beyond the Sword folder where the game is installed, and to follow the shortcut from that. ie. the folder shortcut called _Civ4CustomAssets - that should take you to the correct place to put the "BM tiles.FPK" file. In general the target folder depends you which version of Windows you have and so on; mine is at C:\Users\[myname]\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets.

If that doesn't work, then as a last resort I guess you could try putting the file directly inside the actual BtS assets folder (ie. not in custom assets) - But that's not the 'right' way to do it.

To 'uninstall', just delete "BM tiles.FPK", wherever you put it.

Here too...I have an older version of it, but I don't know what version it is, and it's certainly not up-to-date. But the website for it is just that; any and all downloads from it are no longer in service.

If there's anyone who still has the files and uploads them somewhere, or can get the website running again, or something, that would be awesome.

The German link appears dead now, too. Any other way to get Blue Marble Gold 4.50?
German mirror works for me... In fact, I'm downloading it right now.

I'll reupload to DropBox when it's finished downloading.

Edit 1: Got the file. The .zip seems to be okay. Currently re-uploading to DropBox and MediaFire. I'll share the download links when the uploads are finished.

Edit 2: Currently installing. Seems to be running (haven't actually started the game; I fear it will cause the uploads to fail). Found some annoyances:
  1. It doesn't understand Steam installation.
    I have to manually tell it to look inside Steam_Install_Folder\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword
    (Steam_Install_Folder is the folder where you installed Steam; the one containing the "steam.exe" file. By default, it's C:\Program Files\Steam. On my computer, however, I installed Steam on D:\Games\Steam, because I don't want UAC popping up everytime I need to 'tweak' things inside.)
  2. It's hard-coded to look for the Civilization4.exe file. I have to copy the Civ4BeyondSword.exe file to Civilization4.exe.
Aside from those two inconveniences, it installed without error.

Edit 3: Here you go, the mirrors:

Enjoy!

And sorry for the delay in sharing the MediaFire URL... was a bit too busy watching Brazil's 0-5 destruction under German engineering... #WorldCup

Edit 4: Updated the DropBox link.

Edit 5: Mega link + Copy.com link.

Thank you pepoluan!

The DropBox link is dead, but mediafire worked fine!
Whoops! I did some reorganization of my DropBox folder, and must've renamed the folder to something different. I'll fix the link when I'm back on my PC.

Edit: I've updated the DropBox link. I'll try to provide another mirror at Mega.

Thanks very much pepoluan. :goodjob:

I downloaded this and installed it but now i cant get ride of it. I want to get rid of it because it seems to make super spies crash.
Iv tried deleting the game and reinstalling but blue marble is still there! Help!

isn't Blue Marble installed in the (sort of) "C:\Users\isenchine\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets" directory?

I would say just delete it (or maybe uninstall it from the Control Panel if it appears in the program list).

How to install? the installer does not work it can't locate the .exe because i have from steam help!

Hi, I have done downloaded the 4.5 version, I locate manually the .exe file as mentioned above, but I have this error:

Any help please?

OMG! Why do I uninstall it?!?! I uninstall Civ4 and install it again and it's still on this MOD.... Help!

PS: Be careful if you want to install it, you might not be able to uninstall it. For that reason only I would say this is probably the worst thing I ever did on my pc. RIP Civ4? (until I format my computer again of course)

Top Bottom