RevCast Episode 01: "Quite Q-Less"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication

Time to give the consoles some loving. Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney leads Joe "joebreeves" Reeves and Alexander "Alexander I" Strub as regular co-hosts on RevCast (RC), the newest Civilization podcast on the PolyCast (PC) network from Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS). Focusing on Civilization: Revolution on the DS, PlayStation 3 and Xbox360 platforms, this show is to be published monthly with episodes ~15 minutes apiece.

Accompanying this series announcement is the release of RevCast's first episode, "Quite Q-Less", with a cameo by PolyCast co-founder, lead co-host and editor Daniel "DanQ" Quick. In kick-off of this new series, this episode runs 19m59s which is 33% longer than subsequent episodes are to be. Further to this launch, RC's second episode is to arrive in just two weeks' time featuring its first guest co-host; afterwards, the next 10 episodes are to be published monthly with a total of 13 expected for the 2009 calendar year.

RevCast is the second spin-off of the Civ stragegy-centric PolyCast on which Barney serves as a regular co-host as well; the modding-centric ModCast was the first such spin-off. Unlike either of its older siblings, RC has no defined segment categories. Summary of topics for this inaugural episode are as follows:

- 01m42s | Topic #1
What is RevCast and who are the regular co-hosts (Cartimandua, joebreeves, Alexander I).
- 05m31s | Topic #2
A contest to complete all Civilization: Revolution victores... on the same turn.
- 10m01s | Topic #3
The differences and similarities between the different console platforms CivRev is available on.
- 15m44s | Topic #4
To those who have not played CivRev, player reviews from the co-hosts themselves.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Trademarking a different catchphrase, and having a great something-or-other having listened all the way through.

I love the idea of the series, and I really enjoyed the first episode. I have never listened to a PodCast before, so it was a new experience for me, but I liked it.

The first episode I thought was well done, but at the beginning I thought the host were rambling on a little too much. I think that the first part should have been cut in the editing, so that the PodCast started right at the introductions. After that though, I thought that the host made good points, and over-all explained what CivRev is. Good job!

Thanks for your feedback.

There will always be a little banter at the beginning and end of episodes, and it's almost always a judgment call as to what is too much or too little. Fortunately, the win-win is that those who want to listen to it can... and those who decide that they don't want to can track forward to the start of the first topic. The same goes from topic-to-topic themselves throughout the episode even.

I'm glad that your first podcast listening experience was a positive one. :cool: If you play Civilization IV as well, we also have both a strategic-centric (PolyCast) and modding-centric (ModCast) podcast that focuses on that game.

As for future episodes of RevCast, you don't have to wait for the second -- it's already out :D -- and the third is to be published later this month.

Hi dan - your post reminds me of those posters who dont use punctuation & its a solid wall of writing. Too complicated for me.

How about a Click Here Button for forum dummys like me. I really dont know what to do with your initial post.

Manock14

Hi dan - your post reminds me of those posters who dont use punctuation & its a solid wall of writing. Too complicated for me.
:dubious:

That makes no sense to me. I use punctuation always in my forum posts (incidentally, you haven't in yours above). While "solid wall of writing" is a subjective consideration, I don't agree that my opening post qualifies. It is longer than most of my posts of this nature as it is introducing a new podcast, but even then it's not that long.

How about a Click Here Button for forum dummys like me. I really dont know what to do with your initial post.
A "Click Here Button" for what? To do access the episode? To access the episode, click on its title which is in quotation marks. The sentence that it is in contains the word 'episode' in the first sentence of the second paragraph.

My Goodness - Complicated; Defn: Posts with one or more quotes.

Im sure your reply was biting, but too much trouble to read & find out.

My Goodness - Complicated; Defn: Posts with one or more quotes.
Oh, that is what you're getting at re: your definition. I didn't get that at all from your initial comment. I hadn't done that in this thread until my reply to that post of yours here. :D

All I did was parse your comment into two parts, so that it was clearer which part of your post I was responding to.

Come on, Manock. The initial post isn't any worse than any news post on this site (or many other sites). It's broken into paragraphs, and the podcast topics are in a bullet list. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Dan: Sorry I haven't got any feedback. I haven't even had a chance to listen to them, yet. :(

Come on, Manock. The initial post isn't any worse than any news post on this site (or many other sites). It's broken into paragraphs, and the podcast topics are in a bullet list. Seems pretty straightforward to me.
Thanks, Padma. :)

Dan: Sorry I haven't got any feedback. I haven't even had a chance to listen to them, yet. :(
Sounds as though you intend to listen to them though (no pun intended, kind of ;)). When you have the chance to listen, looking forward to your feedback on hopefully at least one of them. :D

Top Bottom