Money Matters

I sort of disagree. They can be very powerful, but I think the Great Leader is probably the most powerful, and then the Great Builder.

The benefits the Great Leader gives are awesome but anything the Great Builder can do can be bought. I rarely get a Great Leader so can not really evaluate their game changing influence.

The benefits the Great Leader gives are awesome but anything the Great Builder can do can be bought. I rarely get a Great Leader so can not really evaluate their game changing influence.

If you want to increase your chances of getting a great leader, read this note from one of our great moderators: http://www.civfanatics.com/civrev/great_people

To build on that, all great persons are linked to a tech. When you have researched the tech they relate to you increase the likelihood of that great person appearing when you get your next great person. The Great Person likelihood is put in a "queue" so the tech you research first has a higher likelihood of giving you its great person than a later tech.

In short, focus on getting iron working or monarchy early in the game to get one of the two great leaders.

Hope that gives you some guidance.

Sure, wonders can be bought, but they're extremely expensive, and that's a lot of gold that can be spent on something else instead of a wonder if you get the wonder for free from a builder.

Generally my least favorite.

A builder I find gives me a more significant gold increase most of the time.

Humanitarian is a giant boost if I have multiple cities. I do not often get them when they are best settled for some reason.

An artist will not only increase my production but subtract from an opponents. Early game they can steal wonders.

A scientist early on gives me more great people through teching first most of the time so I will have my gold eventually plus more powerfull units and.or larger cities.

Great Leaders=win.

I do play with all packs so that might make a large difference.

Top Bottom