Ask Dennis Shirk about Civ V: Gods & Kings (submissions closed!)

Dennis, why is the expansion logo so ugly?

Why?...

And I better not catch you guys using images from the internet!

ugly? I like it, sure the S's of Gods and Kings are a bit off I feel but the logo in between is nice. :)

And what do you mean using images from the internet?

This is something that did annoy me when playing CIV5, Was the ability to change your government without waiting for points:/ I am not to sure whether it got updated or what as last I played the game was when it came out because that portion the old system of revolution to allow to change government and period of anarchy was better than this, Ask the devs if anything like that has changed please:D

Will there be a patch in Gods and Kings that informs the player of a military unit's edited name in the event of its death on the battlefield? I tend to name all my military units when they are promoted, but when these named military units are killed, its very hard to figure out which specific unit you just lost. Or, am I missing some function in the game that allows for this? Thank you!

I asked about the comparative improvement of the AI; can it compete with a strong player w/out bonuses; how does it compare to BTS; non anecdotal information.

I submitted another question.
I just thought of another question I haven't seen asked yet.
We've heard unit hit points are increasing 10 fold. Are city hit points increasing by this same factor, thus making them have 250 instead of the 25 they currently have?

im not sure if this has been asked but id like to know simply..............................................................Has the multiplayer A.I. been fixed yet? Is it brought up to speed with the single player AI? or is it still severely lacking?

im not sure if this has been asked but id like to know simply..............................................................Has the multiplayer A.I. been fixed yet? Is it brought up to speed with the single player AI? or is it still severely lacking?

This was addressed in an earlier patch.

"Besides the addition of new buildings, techs, and wonders, are existing values such as building and tech costs, building yields, and terrain and improvement yields being re-balanced? If they are, will these changes be rolled back into vanilla with a patch?"

If the answer to this is yes, combined with the new stuff, this game may actually get fun for builders.

I wrote:
"I'm a sucker for in-game statistics. Replay has been back a while now, can we please have the graphs back too? And as much statistics as possible in-game would be nice. Given the return of spies, I suspect there will be new ways to learn of the other civ's stats, so can you give us some examples of that?"

Single player diplomacy and war are both more in depth and easier to work than multiplayer equivalents. I'd like to ask how MP can be brought up to par.

I wrote:
"I'm a sucker for in-game statistics. Replay has been back a while now, can we please have the graphs back too? And as much statistics as possible in-game would be nice. Given the return of spies, I suspect there will be new ways to learn of the other civ's stats, so can you give us some examples of that?"

I'll second that!

I'm a sucker for in-game statistics. Replay has been back a while now, can we please have the graphs back too? And as much statistics as possible in-game would be nice. Given the return of spies, I suspect there will be new ways to learn of the other civ's stats, so can you give us some examples of that?

I agree. The in-game statistics are fun to see.

Are the population stats in CIV5 still unrealistic? I remember conquering the world in the modern era and only having 100-250 million people, no where near the billions that a modern empire should have.

Thanks everyone for your questions! Submissions are now closed. We've had an awful lot of questions asked that we'll now sift through, and hopefully we'll get the answers for you sometime next week. Unfortunately given the number of questions, there are some really good ones that we'll have to pass on, but that just means that the ones we do pick will be excellent. :)

Please note that WePlayCiv is still accepting questions here, and Apolyton hasn't started yet, so look out there for another opportunity.

Ah, they are smart. That way they get to pick better questions ;)

Top Bottom