Really digging Scrambled Nations

So, I decided to check this nifty pack out, and to my amazement, it's great for helping the game feel more immersive. I'm currently playing as Japan on the map of Japan, and gives me a good idea for how to make Scrambled Nations a fun map.

• First, my game idea is to play AS the default nation on the geographical scrambled map. Hence, play as Japan on Japan, France on France, Rome/Venice on Italy, etc.
  • Second, set up culturally relevant CIVs to be the AI. For instance, I chose around 6 Asian AI on my Japan map (China, India, Mongolia, Korea, etc.). So, if you play on TURKEY, you'd choose Middle-Eastern or Greco-Roman civs to fight against. Though never entirely culturally accurate, it will make the game make more cultural sense.
  • Third, play the game! You can pretend that your nation has the only solid 'claim' to the land, and can have fun piecing your country back toget her.

If only there was a SPAIN map, I'd love to check that one out.

:goodjob:

I had a blast doing similar on the China map. I didn't play China, however, I played as Korea (spawned in middle/southern China, settled down the coast into most of northern Vietnam). I played against China (spawned in the west of the map, near central asia), Siam (spawned in the Taklamakan, settled east to the Chinese coast, made up my northern border), Japan (spawned in the top of Manchuria/North Korea, spread through northern Mongolia and Russia, Siam bordered to the South), Mongolia (spawned near Thailand expanded a bit North up to the mountains, got stuck). and Indonesia (Spawned in India, spread throughout India, barely elsewhere).

Is this a new DLC? I have scrambled continents and it seems to work really well. Especially the Small Continents Plus map.

I would probably recreate Sengoku era on Japan map and Three Kingdoms on China map.

But yeah, Scrambled Nations give some nice "Make a Scenario Yourself" options.

I love the idea of recreating Sengoku.

How does one start a game with these maps anyway? I own the scambled nations map pack, but I cant seem to find the option or the map. In my DLC it's enabled.

Is this a new DLC? I have scrambled continents and it seems to work really well. Especially the Small Continents Plus map.

It was released Nov 5th. It's just like scrambled continents, but doesn't have any scripted maps, just the scrambled interior ones w/ fixed outlines.

I love the idea of recreating Sengoku.

How does one start a game with these maps anyway? I own the scambled nations map pack, but I cant seem to find the option or the map. In my DLC it's enabled.

Choose "setup game", "map type", scroll down to "scrambled continents" or "scrambled nations", click that, then choose the map you want. Or go to "advanced setup" and pick it directly, though in that list they are mixed in with all the other maps.

I would like to see a new map type featuring Florida, the Caribbean, central america, and the edge of south america :D. Even though it might seem large, these places were all kind of bunched up. It would be fun to start a game with Spain, England, and France all fighting for the control of these lands.

Quick question for those of you who have already played with one of the Scrambled maps:

Can you choose the size of the map? (i.e. can I play a small Japan or a large or a huge Japan?) Or are each of the maps fixed size?

There are a couple options each, with a couple that have them all. I think Japan is only duel or tiny unfortunately. There is always the Japan map from the other map also thought, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I only have Scrambled Continents.
Africa: Duel, Small, Standard, Large
Antarctica: Standard
Earth: Duel, Tiny, Small, Standard, Large, Huge
East Asia: Small, Large
Middle East: Duel, Tiny, Small, Standard, Large
North America: Duel, Tiny, Small, Standard, Large, Huge
South America: Tiny, Standard
Western Europe: Small, Standard

Can't imagine why they didn't make a Large or Huge Western Europe.

The Japanese Mainland map from the Explorer's Map Pack is Tiny only.

Top Bottom