Does sharing spy intrigue actually DO anything?

KingGustaf

Chieftain
Other than net you positive diplomacy modifiers, every time I share spy intrigue with another civ (like when civ A is plotting on/launching a sneak attack on civ B), they say "ohh thanks" and don't really seem to do anything. My question is, does the civ actually stop trusting the civ deceiving them, do they build an army to defend against any sneak attacks? Because it always seems like nothing happens.

Yes.

AI checks for shared intrigues (those flagged as having been shared, otherwise AI is as blind as human regarding the list of existing "plots"). If an intrigue has the shared flag, AI uses its info for further decision making. For example, if intrigue is "A is plotting to attack B's city of Zion", and C shares intrigue with B, the B's AI will trigger an operation (literally, check CvOperationAI.cpp) to try and reinforce Zion's surrounding area.

The only asymmetry of the system, and a sad one at that, is that the AI cannot discover a human intrigue (at least until Adam Jensen et all walk among us). They discover and share AI-to-AI intrigues though.

Yes; at the very least, it gives you minor plus points with the civ you shared the intrigue to.

The only asymmetry of the system, and a sad one at that, is that the AI cannot discover a human intrigue (at least until Adam Jensen et all walk among us). They discover and share AI-to-AI intrigues though.

This almost makes me wish the AI with a spy in your capital would have a small chance to discover your failed attempts at bribery to have it attacked, or about those "give me 10 turns to prepare" deals.

It would also be fun if the diplo system allowed human and AI to betray those failed demands to attack another Civ when the AI that's asked has a much better relationship with the target than the human/other AI who asks for the deal, especially if there was a chance your friend if he had a spy in your capital could discover that you didn't report this (diplo hit), or the plotter had a spy and discovered that you did betray his plans to your friend...

It's just a bit weird since they introduced intrigue that you can share hearsay from spies but can't tell your friend if a mutual enemy came straight out to ask you to attack it together... It's a bit incoherent, like the stacking trade mechanisms since BNW (where you can send internal TR to cities that don't have yet a city connection, because it's two completely different and not integrated trade mechanisms).

Top Bottom